Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 02-11-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Morning all
Another scorcher in QLD this morning. I think we will repeat our day yesterday and hit the beach.
I hear NSW is preparing for some horrid bushfires. I truly hope no little twats decide to play arson. And I truly hope all NSW peeps (Steely I know you are down there) stay safe and cool.
Whoever said global warming is a crock needs their head checked. Hottest summer on record and it's only going to get worse each year. Stresses me out wondering what it will be like in just 5 years time. I can't even think about in 25 years time.
Day 94 for me. No AV present this weekend thankfully. Although I did have a fleeting thought as to whether people who stopped for years and after that long time could then drink 'normally'. I know I won't find anyone on here to say 'yes, they have' because if they had they wouldn't be on this site. But I do sometimes wonder about it especially when friends and family ask whether I will drink again way down the track. My answer is always no. I know I drank to get drunk, not because I liked the taste of it. Can't imagine that 'want' will ever leave me but given I don't know for sure, I still wonder.
Again, I'm rambling lol. At least I know I won't drink anytime soon. I will make that 12 month mark. And then I expect I will want another 12 months. And another.
Old 02-12-2017, 05:54 AM
  # 382 (permalink)  

Good morning guys. Had a good day yesterday. Hit 4 thrift stores, yes 4!!! I could do that all day every day. Got a few nice things including a beautiful teak shelving unit. I love my vintage!!!!
It has been really cold here. Waking up to -13 this morning. Sounds like we could take some of that heat you have in Australia. Really hope the weather is cooling down a bit for you guys. ❤️
Steely, fairy cakes are long gone now! I'm originally from Ireland and we also called them fairy cakes or buns. I guess the use of the word cupcakes is the North American influence on me!!!
November, sounds like you had a lovely evening with your friends. X
Jillwink, looks like it's nice and sunny in North Carolina this morning too. Have a great day. X
Poppy, I also think about the 'forever' aspect of alcohol. I talked to my therapist about that and she advised to take one day at a time.
Much love to all you guys and wish you all a lovely day.
Old 02-12-2017, 12:46 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  

Good to have a local that serves herbal tea November, entirely civilised. I've never used MDMA, but have taken other amphetamines, heroin, and Acid, and can't say I miss any of it. Alcohol was my drug of choice, and my complete downfall.

Had enough of mind bending substances, and more importantly had enough of avoiding my life. Rock on steely.

Good on you and your friends and the Turkish restaurant, civility abounds.

I've had those thoughts (previously) of having a drink on my death bed, but don't feel that way anymore.

Like, I really believe in sobriety as being the way of life for me now, so drinking on my death bed would make a mockery of my belief system, which would be more than sad, 'cause there'd be no going back....Alas, poor steely...I didn't know her.

I don't miss the shite whatsoever, it's taken enough, so don't want to give it credence at that most momentous day . I will gasp from my dying bed, "Nobenders Live", that's what I'll do, cause I'm a true believer . I'm also nuts.

I'm going to take a couple of days break from SR and do a bit of free falling. Need to think about a lot of stuff, and have a lot practical things to get done. I sometimes feel like I'm OD'ing on SR so am going to take a couple of days all by myself.

I'm doing well, no intention or thoughts of drinking and will see you in a couple of days.

My love to you all. We rock!
Old 02-12-2017, 01:18 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

Thanks Steely, enjoy your 'self' time.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:26 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

Steely, we'll miss you. Don't stay away too long.

It's been a crazy 48 hours here. We put another offer in on a house...but, there's a lot of competition for it. Now we play the waiting game for a few days. My anxiety is high and a drink sounded really good for all of 30 minutes. I'm now having a tonic with lime and spending some time on SR to take my mind off of the house thing. Hope you all are having a good quiet weekend.
Old 02-12-2017, 03:35 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  
Administrator

See you in a few Steely

D
Old 02-12-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

Take care Steely. See you in a couple of days. (((Hugs)))
Old 02-12-2017, 06:59 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Just typing through (well, YOU think of a better word for walking or passing). Hope all are okay. Just do not drink. Simples- for everything else? USE the new wonder product- SR.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:13 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  

Greetings all,
Sitting on day 95. My hormones are jumping all over the place. Aaaaargh!! But I'm not drinking although I am grazing on chocolate freckles (a lot of them).
It's not as hot here today thankfully, still quite humid and muggy but not as bad as yesterday.
How is everyone else doing? xoxo
Old 02-12-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I'm on my way to work on my 90 th day.

Congrats Badge, I they're in order!
Old 02-12-2017, 11:23 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Congrats on the big NINE ZERO November only 10 more until you hit double digits WOOT WOOT!!
Old 02-12-2017, 11:35 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

Happy 90 November!! and yes 10 more to the triple digits, 120 is my next goal, hurray for Nobenders!!

Congrats on the 95 Poppy!

Good luck with the house buying expedition, Rainy, the right one will fall into your lap I am sure.

Steely! Sorry I missed you, will await your return because I need to know what ridgey didge means,,,

Spent the weekend in Portland at the Outdoor show, hubby bought his boat that he has been obsessing about, and I wandered around getting propoganda from Alaska lodges for our next vacation, it wont be for 2 years but I guess they book up early. It was good to get out of the house and away from the snow for the weekend, it was much needed.

Hope ya'll have a great week planned!
Badge
Old 02-13-2017, 12:17 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats November152017 and Poppy

how are you guys going - badgerden, PJ, Kimmy RainyPNW, Jillwink?
D
Old 02-13-2017, 04:10 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  

Hey Nobenders!! I've been quiet on this thread the last week or so. Not my intention to stay away, but after working all day in front of a computer, I need to "unplug" when I get home. But, even if I'm not on SR, I do think of everyone here daily and can't stay away very long.

Weekends have been pretty busy for me the last few weeks too. Hubby went out on his annual Wisconsin trail riding trip with a bunch of drinking buddies and I was happy to have the grandkids home with me to keep me busy.

I had my first drinking dream last night... One of those crazy dreams that when you wake up you think... Phew... good thing it was just a dream. Didn't like that. I'm not sure where it came from, but hope it doesn't become a habit.

Steely, don't stay away too long... you will be missed.

Congrats to everyone pushing through. Much love to all!

Day #77
Old 02-13-2017, 04:30 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  

Sounds like everyone is doing good. Keep on keepin' on!

I spent yesterday at Disney with my parents. I've lived in Orlando for 19 years, and the theme parks have been a part of my life. I used to go to the Animal Kingdom park (my favorite), and wander around listening to all the unique bands and musicians, people watch, and drink. All the drinking.

So yesterday was a beautiful day, and we were watching the bands, and I see all the people with their drinks, and holy hell, triggers! Not any cravings, but definitely memories. I played the tape forward, and grabbed myself a soda which surprisingly helped take the edge off.

Thinking back, I suppose that was too be expected. Now at least I know I can survive sober and still have a good time. Maybe I'll avoid going back for a little while longer.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:55 PM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Good evening everyone. Wow, have had a busy day. Missed catching up with you all. So very proud of all my class mates racking up such high numbers. You are all wonderful.
So, again sitting here having coffee and watching TV. My goodness, I'm such a creature of habit. House all clean, dishes done, so nothing left to do but relax. Thinking of you all. Much love. X
Old 02-13-2017, 08:30 PM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Congrats, November, on 91 days today! Hello to everyone else.

Badge, I almost went to the Outdoor show this past weekend in Portland. How was it?

Seriously stressed out the past few days and drinking actually sounded like a good solution to my stress and anxiety this evening. I helped my partner grade high school math finals instead and drank a big cup of coffee. I've been having serious cravings the past few days and know it is due to the stress of the house buying process. I'm not going to drink (I know it's not worth the end result), but I need to keep my brain and body busy the next few days.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:11 PM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Just a quick check in for now. I didn't realize it has been over a week. I've been having a more difficult time lately so maybe I need to check in more. I haven't come close to actually drinking but I've been having a hard time keeping it "day by day" and my mind has been wandering. It has been relatively easy up to this point.

I am coming up on 3 mos next week. That's when I threw in the towel last time. But I don't think I truly accepted that I was an alcoholic then. I knew I was drinking too much and that I had alcoholic tendencies, but my plan was to stop BEFORE it got to the point of me "really" becoming an alcoholic. Not drinking for those 3 mo even kinda reinforced that I wasn't, in my mind. Now I know that "controlling" my drinking does not mean I am not an alcoholic. It means that I am. Normal people don't have to.
Before I quit in November, I was actually writing down when and how much I drank. I would tally them up and divide it between the days to determine my average. It was my way of moderating. More accurately, it was my way of bull******* myself. Because I could not drink Sun-Mon but drink a bottle of wine on a Sat and come out with an average of about one drink per night. If that isn't alcoholic thinking right there!
I really didn't realize that at the time and I don't know why I started thinking about it now. But it's good because like I said I've been having a harder time lately. Maybe a little reality check to clear out some of the smoke and mirrors left in my mind by my AV.

So much for quick check in. I gotta lot of catching up to do on past posts but not tonight. I'm not even going to scan over what I typed to see if it makes sense or has errors.

Goodnight
Old 02-13-2017, 10:37 PM
  # 399 (permalink)  
The Little Alcoholic Monstress That Could

Sorry I've been so distant. Been sick and busy and trying to find a balance. I'm on day 22 now! Keep it up all, sorry can't read through posts right now, but will soon. My best to everyone Going to do a lil exercise and try to get my butt in bed soon.
Old 02-14-2017, 12:18 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

Hey LadySW and LiveLG, great to see you back
I just went for a walk LiveLG and I really didn't want to but I am glad I did now that it's over lol. I was so motivated for the first couple of months and I can feel it dissolving so I am forcing myself to keep my mojo up. Flipping hard at times though.
LadySW I am guessing you can probably relate to what I am writing given your post. I have heard that complacency can rear its ugly head around the 3 month mark but if we are acutely aware of it at least we are forearmed with the knowledge to stay on track and get through this rough patch.
I have found myself wondering whether I could have a drink or two and moderate lately but deep down I know I can't. Dammit!!!!
4 days until I hit double digits.
Hope everyone is doing well xoxo