D
Old 02-15-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 422 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to you too Steely - 108 is awesome

D
Old 02-15-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Just heard he's been found but not telling anyone where he is. He's getting help.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:07 PM
  # 424 (permalink)  
Administrator

and you too Poppy - 98 is fantastic too
D
Old 02-15-2017, 11:09 PM
  # 425 (permalink)  

You OK Plenny?
Old 02-15-2017, 11:11 PM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Crash on through the triple digits Poppy. Too good!
Old 02-15-2017, 11:26 PM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Thanks peeps, 2 more days until I hit DD ie double digits
I was getting really riled up watching the news last night about Hackett, the reporters hovering at the cop car desperately trying to get a shot of him in cuffs. It was dispicable journalism!
Sooo.... massive congrats to everyone hitting lots of days off the plonkypoo lol. This group sure is doing super awesome, I feel like I have to keep steaming ahead booze free just to keep up with you all it's a great motivator.
Glad to see you back Steely hope your hiatus was enjoyable. And I hope it's cooled off down your way.
I'm about to hop on my VibroSlim and get some muscle jiggling going on.
xoxo
Old 02-16-2017, 04:21 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Hey Nobenders!!

Huge congrats to everyone piling up the days and to everyone reaching triple digits!! We are an awesome group!!

Glad you're back Steely!

I'm on day #80 and think it's time to put an exercise plan into place and give up the sweets. I'll have to think about that one. Maybe I'll start slowly by taking morning walks with my dog. Only problem, he's lazier than I am... lol

Last edited by Abriella; 02-16-2017 at 04:22 AM. Reason: typos
Old 02-16-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Thanks Abriella. Your dog being lazier than you made me laugh, MUSH!

I did resist buying sweets in the supermarket today, but now wish I had, I would love a big chocolate marshmallow rocky road x 6 right now, but all I've got is salt

Rock on Abriella, we are all doing so great.

Man, do you ever re-read your posts and feel like a dill? I just did. Groan.

Oh well, maybe no-one noticed.
Old 02-16-2017, 10:09 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

I just realised I was a dill in a previous post, DD ie double digits. Turns out I hit this milestone 89 days ago hahahaha. Triple digits is 1 day away. Woo hoo!!!
What has everyone got planned for the weekend?
We are going to take the fur babies to the beach tomorrow, Mum is going to come along as well. And I think I will finish the painting I started at art therapy yesterday. Oh and housework, meh!
Have a wonderful day all
Old 02-16-2017, 10:18 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Congrats Angie on 100 days!

Abriella, I started walking last week and it feels good to get the legs moving. But, it unfortunately did not help change my diet at all. Still having major sugar cravings. Maybe I can work on that next week...

Doing some house work here today. I'm hoping my sister will be spending the 3 day weekend at my house. It will be an interesting weekend...we use to be great drinking buddies.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:47 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Congrats Abriella on the 80 day mark, Poppy on your 98, Angie on the big 100, and Steely, 108....brilliant!!

I'm taking myself off out of my comfort zone shortly. I've decided to have a go at yoga for my core strength (I have a dodgy back) and maybe a bit of meditation to help with the AV and the blue moods.

Ok, I'm a bit nervous so I'll get going before I chicken out.
Old 02-16-2017, 01:33 PM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Greetings Fellow Travellers and Nobenders, Class of November 2016. Checking in at 91 days (13 weeks).

All going well at the moment and feeling a lot better than when I was drinking. It's great waking up without a hangover and desperately trying to remember whether you'd made a complete prat of yourself.

Am meeting an old work colleague and drinking buddy in the local pub on Saturday. That should be a bit of a test. I may have given up the sauce, but I'm fairly sure he hasn't. Should make for a very interesting afternoon. I'll let you know how it all went next check in.

Meanwhile, congratulations on all those reaching significant milestones. In general we all seem to be doing fairly well.

Remember to keep the faith. ...........
Old 02-16-2017, 03:49 PM
  # 434 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations Abriella and Solly

D
Old 02-16-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Looks like our group is still doing great! I am so proud of all of us!

I hesitate to write this, but I have gotten pretty bummed lately reading all the posts on the newcomers thread. So many sad stories, that leave me depressed. I think I will just check in here for awhile, and leave the others alone.

My husband and I are heading to Baltimore tomorrow to spend a few days with our son. Looking forward to it.

Love to you all.
Old 02-16-2017, 08:59 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Peace, brothers and sisters.
Old 02-16-2017, 11:15 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

Having a craving at the moment. I know it will pass, but FFS I just wish I could switch off the part of my brain that says 'you want to get buzzed, cmon it's friday'.
So I am writing this in a bit of a bad mood thinking why can't I have a few and not go overboard like others seem to do easily.
Just took a Valium, probably not helping that I am super hormonal either. Raaaaa!
I will check back in when my AV has pi$$ed off for the night xoxo
Old 02-17-2017, 12:12 AM
  # 438 (permalink)  

Good morning or evening (depending on your time zone) Nobenders. Really loved reading and catching up on everyone, ya'll are doing so great! To keep my graveyard brain functioning I did the math and added up our days, and together we have over 2 years of living the good life without drinking! What a team! What a family! We are doing this!

November2017 my sober brother, we are almost to the triple digits also! Yeah us!

Steely- so glad to be reading your posts again, now I need a translation, what does nixaroozie mean? I am surrounded by people who speak spanish, so I have decided I am going to start speaking Australian just to one up them. I am sorry to hear about your swimmer, I hope he finds the help and peace he needs.

LadyShipWreck- thinking of you and hoping everything is settling out and going as it should for you.

Life in the Badger house is going as well as to be expected with the schedule I am on. My AV has also been popping up, usually at the stupidest of times, but its there none the less. Trying to make plans to buy a bottle, ya know, just to relax, like normal people do at the end of their week. Or to have a glass with hubby over dinner. A very tempting dream that will remain that way, in my dreams.

Hope everyone has the awesome Friday you deserve cause we are Nobenders!! Wahooooo,,,,,

The Badge
Old 02-17-2017, 06:12 AM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Quick check in for real this time

Three months in two days
Old 02-17-2017, 10:20 AM
  # 440 (permalink)  

The sun is shining and I'm headed outside to soak some of it up today. Since we see so little sunshine in the spring here, everyone is in an exceptionally good mood when it does come out. It makes for a fun day to run errands.

Poppy, I hope the AV voice went away quickly yesterday.

Badge, good to see an update from you.

Jill, I agree with you. I've had to stay away from the newcomers thread for the past couple of weeks. I have learned that I can't spend too much time on the newcomers thread when my own AV is so loud. But, I hope to be more of an encouragement there when the AV quiets down.

Ladyshipwreck, PJ, Dee, Kimmy, Abriella, tnek, Solly, November, Steely, Angie (and anyone else I missed)...I hope you all have a great weekend! Any big plans this weekend?