Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 02-01-2017, 01:30 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats ladyshipwreck - and congrats to you Poppy on the results

RainyPNW - for me they did die off.

I found simple sugars (fruits etc) worked just as well as the more complex refined sugary treats.

Hiya Steely Kimmy Phoenix and Abriella

D
Old 02-01-2017, 04:01 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

My coffee intake has at least doubled as well. I was only drinking 2-3 cups a day and now I have at least 5. I have to keep reminding myself to drink water. So basically now I'm like that lady in the overactive bladder medication commercial whose (supposed-to-be-cute but ultimately terrifying) personified bladder is always tugging at her hand.
Old 02-01-2017, 06:55 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

LaCroix. It's water, but it's fun water.
Old 02-01-2017, 09:26 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Just gotten in from Mediterranean food shopping and want to catch up on everyone's posts, but just exhausted. In a good way.

Will get back to you, but have always thought that sugar cravings were a result of our bodies no longer being pumped full, with the empty calories of alcohol. That's why we crave sugar, isn't it?

I only weight 45kgs and have never liked sugary stuff, and want to put ON weight, and now I/we crave chocolate fudge cookie cakes, and jars of jam as a means of getting that same hit of sugar.

I found this really great retro *granny* (huh!)trolley for my shopping. It's that really great burnt orange out of 60's on really great plastic. Got a few rust spots, but everyone comments on it. Even the checkout operator.

Going to make myself a cup of tea and maybe ice cream. Gotta read all your posts.

It is JUST as hard to put ON weight, as it is to lose it, and wish I could translate your own individual progresses to my own. You are losing weight!

And slowly it's getting better.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:07 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

I never, ever, buy ice cream for myself, so having ice cream is really different for me, and it's delicious. And It will help me put ON weight.

Looks like we're all looking to getting healthy and honestly think the Mediterranean diet looks good AND delicious, with whatever our treat, every now and then.

I'm trying to find a good olive oil, but it's got to be inexpensive.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:54 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

First time here

Hello everyone,
I just posted in the newcomers forum yesterday but wanted to join this group as I stopped drinking on 15 Nov.
I stopped when in Australia, then spent Christmas in Canada and I've just returned to London and found a flat in my old neighbourhood. This time is proving the most difficult so far, being in a familiar place and back in the 'old routine'. For a week I was smoking hash after work, but saw the edge of a familiar rut so I stopped that too. I thought it would get easier the longer I was off alcohol.
Old 02-02-2017, 01:12 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome to the thread November152017

D
Old 02-02-2017, 01:38 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

Welcome November152017,

Stopping in to let y'all know I am still alive and sober. Hit the big 80 today! A sober length of time I wasn't sure I would see. Ten more days till I hit my magic number of 90, I am not sure why that number is important to me, I think I read somewhere, maybe here, that it takes at least 90 days for your liver and body to heal after the abuse that it is put through from alcohol. Not sure, but 90 is a big deal to me and it is encouraging to actually see it in my horizon.
My work schedule just changed so I am now nocturnal, living the life of a graveyard dweller, which is fun for me as I love all things paranormal and ghostly. I go online a lot searching for paranormal video and stories, which since my area of work is dark and silent at night, I have been known to scare myself, hair standing on end, the whole bit. So if you know of any good ghost links send them my way please

Badge
80 down and a lifetime to go!
Old 02-02-2017, 02:04 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Administrator

congrats again badgerden

D
Old 02-02-2017, 03:43 AM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Very strange things are happening with my log in. I could not since early yesterday evening and now I won't let me like anything!
Old 02-02-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Seems to be working again. Don't know what happened. Very glad to be back on line. Xx
Old 02-02-2017, 04:31 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  

You back in now Kimmy....and welcome November152017. We are a good class and hope you stay, we have a strong core of people, mainly women, who are making good progress, and who all want to get sober.

I need to get my hair cut too Kimmy and subtle streaks always look great I reckon. Risk a different style, it always grows back. Dont chicken out, every little bit of self nurturing without guilt, is a step forward. My mouth watered when I read you'd seen a jam glazed kabob recipe. Thanks.

Thanks for the Yoga link Lady and will definitely look it up. I saw a poster today advertising free classes in meditation. Money is an important factor for me, so 10 free sessions is a gift, if it's OK. Hope it's not some stupid cult.

I sure do understand 'hairdresser angst', and the sitting in the front of the mirror making small talk. I get really anxious too. My hair was falling out by the brushload, but now seems to be growing back thank goodness. Maybe I'm through the worst of the beginning?

Rainy you eating Haagen Datz? I ate caramel honeycomb, with olives, Brie cheese crackers, and walnuts for dinner, and then had another bowl. Mixed up combo, but I'm not used to eating will weigh myself once a week to see if I'm gaining any. I am a rake.

Anyone for LaCroix tnek? It is so really good to be not drinking alcohol. Water, is really fun. So many things it can do.

Congrats on 80 days badge. Hope you're right on 90 Days being a bit of a turning point, cause it seems that way to me. Seemed to have gained a greater sense of self, a motivated self. It's been a long time coming.

As always, my love to all.
Old 02-02-2017, 04:44 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Hi Nobenders! My coffee and sugar intake have doubled since I quit drinking. I'm hoping the SV (Steely ) stops soon. It has to be the result of not putting poison into your body. I also used to drink black coffee when I smoked. Since quitting the cigs, I must now have my coffee with flavored cream and sugar.

Badge.... Congrats on 80 days!! I love the dark and ghostly stories too. I grew up watching The Dark Shawdows after school and playing with Ouija Boards with my sisters... creepy huh? The scariest show I've seen is The Conjuring... I still can't sleep after that.

Tnek... I drink LaCroix too. Love the lime. Also the Lime slim can Pierrier, but it's pretty expensive. I only get it when it's on sale.

Steely... I found a recipe for Mediterranean Chicken salad that looks awesome. I think I'll go shopping after work tonight... Yum.

Welcome November152017... Glad you joined us.

Poppy... great news on the test results!!

Hi to everyone else... Dee, Lady, Rainy, Phoenix, Kimmy, Plenny, and anyone else I've missed. Hope everyone has a terrific day. I'm off to get more coffee with French Vanilla cream and sugar.

Day 66
Old 02-02-2017, 05:32 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hi everybody, day 7 here and feeling well. Feeling more positive.
Welcome November152017. Good to have you on board. X
Badgerden day 80, Abby day 66. Well done you guys. Way to go. Xx
lady and Abby, me too. Lots of coffee. Coffee and chocolate biscuits. X
Steely, yes I went for it. Had about 3 inches cut of the length and cut a fringe. My oldest preferred it the way it was. But just wanted a change and like you said it does grow back. X Did you get your 'granny trolley' at the op shop. Love going there. Love anything vintage especially from the 1950s -70's Most of the stuff in my house is super finds from the thrift shop. X
Hi also to PJ, Tnek, plenny, rainy poppy, hope I didn't forget anybody. Big hugs to you all. You guys are always in my thoughts.
Going to go into town today and have a walk around. Will have to brave the -10 degree snowy Canadian weather. X
Old 02-02-2017, 05:35 AM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Really glad my log in and like button is working again. Was panicking a bit. X
Old 02-02-2017, 06:45 AM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Old 02-02-2017, 07:47 AM
  # 237 (permalink)  

Badge, congrats on 80 days!

November152017, glad to see you joining our group. It's a great group of people.

I caught a cold early this week. So, it looks like I'll be spending some down time on the couch today with hot tea and as many naps as I can get. It's really good to see this thread staying so active. I'm with you, Kimmy....I panicked last night when I couldn't log in and then again this morning. I'm really glad SR is working again. Hope you all have a good sober day!
Old 02-02-2017, 11:32 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  

Greetings Class of November 2016, Nobenders and Fellow Travellers. Checking in at 77 days (11 weeks) and still going strong. Admittedly there's not a vast amount of stress in my life right now, unlike some of the trials and tribulations that some of you seem to be suffering. But I am staying off the plonk (yes, us Brits use the term as well).

I wish you all well, especially those of you struggling with little or no support and those who have health issues as well. There's some great support within this forum. It's helped me tremendously.

Onwards and upwards and remember to keep the faith..........
Old 02-02-2017, 12:24 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

I just wrote a long and hopefully thoughtful post to everyone, and lost it, didn't put it to save, but Those emoticons are weird , but I mean it.

I'm going to go get ice cream and it's breakfast time.
Old 02-02-2017, 12:32 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hello fellow nobenders
Welcome November152017, glad to have you here.
Day 85 for me, 5 days to the illustrious big 90 mark.
I had a great day yesterday, art therapy. Did a water colour, acrylic combo painting and absolutely love it. Will frame it this weekend to put up in my house.
Sorry to hear you lost your long post Steely, that sucks.
What has everyone got planned for the weekend?