D
Old 01-31-2017, 04:25 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Morning all. All ok here.
LLG, so glad things have worked out for you. Sounds like a good decision. X
Wishing everybody a great day. Lots of love. X
Old 01-31-2017, 04:37 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

You were right LiveLikeGold something did give, it was you! What a relief....no more 'not knowing'.

Good luck Poppy. I'm thinking that if the results were no good they'd make contact. Too much riding on that potential lawsuit.

Mad sugar cravings last night, they just hit me out of the blue.

Been researching Mediterranean diets on the cheap, and it can be done. My project for today, as well as go see my mother at the nursing home. Olives, yum....

I think we are actually doing it!
Old 01-31-2017, 04:39 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Hi Kimmy
Old 01-31-2017, 05:53 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Hi steely, sugar cravings here too. Have a wonderful day.
Off to a routine gynaecology appointment. Don't you just love those!!!
Will be back to catch up with you all in a bit. X
Old 01-31-2017, 06:55 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Oh boy, the gynaeo and sugar cravings, what do they want from a girl!

I am embarrassed to admit, but fair dinkum, when that sugar crave hit I sat and ate a jar of strawberry jam from a teaspoon. The whole jar! And I don't even like jam, and don't even (usually) like sugary stuff. Bring on the Mediterranean diet I say, balance and counteract the sugar.

I'm telling myself that this a readjustment stage
Old 01-31-2017, 07:36 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! Sugar cravings are hitting me like crazy too. Steely... I've never eaten an entire jar of strawberry jam by teaspoon, but I have finished off an entire can of Cool Whip... the spray kind right in the mouth!! lol

Kimmy... good luck at the gynaeo appt.... Those, as well as the routine mammogram are always so much fun. Yuck

Poppy... I'm with Steely in thinking that they would have contacted you by now if the results were bad. Fingers crossed you get good news soon.

Tnek... 30 pounds... Wow! I'm jealous. I've lost 10 in 64 days, but not as much as I would like. I better start researching the Mediterranean diet as well.

LLG... it sounds like you're on the right track and that you've made a great decision. I'm happy for you.

Hope everyone else is having a terrific day. Love to all.
Old 01-31-2017, 11:14 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

We could have had Devonshire Tea together Abriella, with strawberry jam and cream on scones, and as we'd be drinking tea we would still be right on track.
Old 01-31-2017, 05:24 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Steely, Scones with jam and cream sound good. Just after having a piece of chocolate cake. Will cut back on that stuff soon but one step at a time.
Yes Abby, routine mammogram to look forward to at the end of March!!!!
Tnek, Poppy, PJ, LLG and all the November family. Thinking of you all.
Much love. X
Old 01-31-2017, 06:09 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hiya peeps,
Just a quick pop in, I still haven't heard about my test results so I am thinking no news is good news. I will chase up again this afternoon though.
83 days without the plonk I have been getting more headaches lately, annoying not debilitating. I wonder if it has anything to do with sporadically taking Valium. Seem to notice I don't get the headaches the day I take a 5mg tab and the day after....could it be withdrawals after only taking them occasionally since Nov 16?
Maybe I'm not getting enough water or it's my increased coffee intake. Who knows.
I hope everyone is doing well today.
xoxo
Old 01-31-2017, 08:04 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

You guys talking about eating jam and cool whip make me feel a little less crappy about my pretzel sticks and peanut butter binge earlier tonight. I know some of you non-Americans might think that's gross. I sure wish I thought it was gross because I was basically using the pretzels like spoons. :** it was bad.

Tnek congrats on your 30 lbs loss! That is amazing.

I've only lost like 6 lbs and it's very frustrating. I did join the gym last week but I haven't even been able to go because my kids have been sick and now I am sick. I went to the doctor and they were reviewing all of my info since I hadn't been there in a long time, such as what vitamins I take, am I allergic, do I smoke, etc etc etc. But the ONE damn question they don't ask is if I drink alcohol and how much! That question has always been a source of dread and anxiety when I go to the Doctor because I was never really sure. So when she started asking the questions I was excited to actually have an answer. But nope.

But when she was checking my breathing she did say "wow you can take some really deep breaths" that was awesome because I have been doing yoga almost every day, and the yoga instructor in the videos I've been using really focuses on that. I don't know if it was meant as a compliment but I'll take it!

SO yeah I've been pretty sick today and last night, and my kids were sick before me. Started the same day I signed up for the gym so there's an entire week of my membership wasted, and if my daughter's bout of this sickness is any indication, I won't be better anytime soon. The doc thinks it's viral so no antibiotics for me unless I don't feel better in a WEEK.

HOpe everyone is doing fantastic. It has been snowing a lot here and I'm so sick of it.

My husband still hasn't gotten the final word on wether or not he's getting kicked out, but it's unlikely at this point. So we'll probably be getting orders in March and I hope we are moving South. I am not made to handle these Michigan winters.

Day 72 staying true
Old 01-31-2017, 08:26 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Well done on 72 days Ladyshipwreck. That's wonderful. Hope you and your kids feel better soon. X
Old 01-31-2017, 08:37 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Thanks Kimmy
Old 01-31-2017, 11:36 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

TEST RESULTS ARE ALL CLEAR AND GOOD. Woo hoo!!
My god, such a relief. i could dance a little jig now if it weren't so hot and humid
Old 01-31-2017, 11:53 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Good one Poppy
Old 02-01-2017, 12:21 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Not for a moment do I think it gross to eat peanut butter with a pretzel spoon Lady, sounds yummy to me. I reckon eating a whole jar of strawberry jam is gross, but I couldn't stop myself, even though I kept putting the lid back on. My Sugar Voice (SV) was unstoppable. Cool about your lung capacity, and impressed by your yoga, you have inspired me. Sorry you and the kids are not well and the gym will still be there next week, day at a time, and get well real soon. Good to hear that your husbands job seems secure, so much uncertainty in the world today. And 6lbs is great, we all have different metabolisms. Rock on sister.

I don't know whether your headaches are Valium related Poppy, but I do know that I underestimated its potency and found that as soon as I reinstated only 2mgs (my additional were sporadic) the freakish symptoms disappeared. I'm using the Ashton Manual (Prof. Heather Ashton) to taper properly. It seems to be the text of choice, and is online. But then, maybe coffee and water?

I reckon we are all doing great. Chocolate cake (hi Kimmy , jam, cream, pretzels and peanut butter, but...... NO ALCOHOL! It's just fantastic.

Kicked off with ingredients for the Mediterranean diet. If I can't go to the Greek Islands I'll eat their tucker instead.
Old 02-01-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Just read your post Poppy. Fantastic news
Old 02-01-2017, 04:43 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hi guys, Just checking in to say hi. Hair appointment this morning. Highlights and a cut. Have been thinking about getting a different style but I don't know. I'll probably chicken out knowing me!
Poppy, so great to hear about your results. You must be so relieved. X
Steely, Way to go with the new Mediterranean diet. Sounds great. I'm sure I've seen a recipe for strawberry jam glazed lamb kebabs somewhere!!!
Hey PJ, How's things? Thinking of you.
Big hugs to all. X
Old 02-01-2017, 07:39 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Fantastic news, Poppy! What a relief

"SV"! I love it, Steely. I'm gonna have to steal that. It's interesting that you put it like that because just yesterday, after my peanut butter party, I was thinking about how the compulsion is similar and it dawned on me that maybe I'm addicted to food. I typically eat very healthy but then out of no where that SV is like "Go find something naughty in the pantry! Do it now!". I'm trying not to get too down about it because sobriety needs to be the priority, and I welcome the SV to take the spotlight from AV for now.

The yoga I've been doing can be found on YouTube. It's called "30 days of Yoga", from Yoga with Adrienne. It is for all levels. I am a beginner. She offers different variations. They range anywhere from 8 to about 35 minutes max. She's not super serious and does a lot of explaining. I plan on doing it over again when I finish because there are certain things that I want to be able to master. She has a ton of other "classes" as well. Anyway, I recommend it to anyone who is interested.

Kimmy good luck with your hair. I was planning on going this week as well. Nothing like a new cut/color to feel refreshed. I haven't been since September. I hate going to the salon. I like the results but I don't enjoy the experience of having someone touching me while making small talk. Gives me terrible anxiety.

Kids had a two hour delay due to all of the snow. So I dropped them off and came back to bed. I feel a little guilty because the house is not as tidy as I'd like it to be, but I'm forcing myself to be okay with resting.

Well I guess I'm gonna try and get some sleep. Have a great day.12qwertyasd
Old 02-01-2017, 09:00 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Poppy, so happy to hear the good news!

I'm right there with all of you on the sugar cravings. I ate half a tub of Häagen-Dazs ice cream last night as a sober treat. Does anyone know if the sugar cravings go away at some point? I have never craved sugar until I stopped drinking.