Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 6

Old 02-04-2017, 06:26 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Morning guys. Day 9 here. Had a good meeting with my therapist yesterday and discussed lots about how to deal with difficult situations. Definitely something I have to work on, but definitely doing better with regard to that right now. Have a few appointments today so will be out and about with my husband and girls. Thinking of you all. What you guys up to this weekend? Xxx
Old 02-04-2017, 08:42 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Thanks for the list of everyone in this group, Steely. Good to see that everyone seems to be doing well.

Superbowl weekend is a big trigger for me. I love sports and have always attended a Superbowl party. Thankfully, I've had a really bad cold for the past 4 days and I'm not even tempted to go to a Superbowl party this year. I never thought I would be thankful to be sick on the couch. It looks like it will be football, couch time and a big pot of tea for me on Sunday.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:13 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

I'm generally not a roll keeper, but getting and remaining sober is so important to me just wanted a clear picture in my mind of each of us on our own personal little journey. I get emotional about our struggle together. Sorry I left you off the list Dee, you know you are in, always.

My keyboard is messing up and can't use some of the functions ..... better try fix it.

Thinking of you all.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:19 AM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Regained function
Old 02-04-2017, 09:37 AM
  # 265 (permalink)  

Far out on Day 9 Kimmy, and so good productive session with your therapist. We're killin' it!....with humility, of course . Don't ever want to think that I've got this thing in the bag, it has been my undoing in the past.

Hope your cold is getting better rainy, and football, couch and a big pot of tea sounds good to me. All the fun of the game without the hysteria.

I reckon it's more interesting watching sport sober. I get to see the nuances of the game, and can even remember the score! I've noticed that in the Cricket for my own part. I even know who's batting.
Old 02-04-2017, 09:41 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

My hair is sprouting out all over the place. I look like a crazy lady. I could have been, but I'm not

All it would have taken would have been a few more drinks.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:25 AM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Steely, the hair thing is so funny. I've noticed that my hair is starting to be curly again and has stopped falling out. I thought it was just normal to lose that much hair as I got older. Healing our bodies from the inside out. I'm grateful to be getting back to a healthy head of hair again.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:33 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by November152017 View Post
Hi Poppy, I'm in London now but I actually started my sober path when in Brisbane last Nov. Still going strong although with being back in familiar territory and haunts I'm thinking of drinking more often. Well done you on approaching 90 days!!
Congrats November on giving up the plonk in Brissie I totally understand going back to 'normality' and all the triggers that go with that.
At least you are aware of it and have hopped back on the sober bus.
I was very anxious when I returned home after 3 weeks in rehab. I found antabuse really helped with the very early days.
I am about to go back on them because I have read complacency can kick in around the 3 month mark and I am acutely aware that my AV seems to pop up a bit more often lately.
Whereabouts in Brisbane were you staying?
Old 02-04-2017, 11:39 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Oh me too rainy. I knew hair loss could be connected to ageing but this was ridiculous...there was (even)moulting hair all over my rug. Unfortunate pun

It's fallen out, changed colour, and gone from curly to straight, back to curly. And now it's all growing back. Yay, my hair was one of my few "good points" in the (conventional) beauty department, so am really glad to see it back. Health wise too, as it was really excessive and thought I might have had some crap autoimmune disease.

Another ageist plot put to rest.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:40 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Hi Poppy.
Old 02-04-2017, 07:10 PM
  # 271 (permalink)  

Hair today. Gone tomorrow. Back hair again. My hair is a barometer of me.
Old 02-04-2017, 08:56 PM
  # 272 (permalink)  
Administrator

LOL I never expect to be on the list Steely - no worries

D
Old 02-04-2017, 09:49 PM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Hi Steely, how is your Sunday going?
I did my bridge walk again this morning, did some housework, watched the crime channel on Foxtel and now having a rest with modern family on in the back ground.
And I am grazing on some chocolates lol. My god, I've replaced 1 addiction for another. Must. Cut. Down. On. Chocolates.
Old 02-05-2017, 12:49 AM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Poppy79 View Post
Congrats November on giving up the plonk in Brissie I totally understand going back to 'normality' and all the triggers that go with that.
At least you are aware of it and have hopped back on the sober bus.
I was very anxious when I returned home after 3 weeks in rehab. I found antabuse really helped with the very early days.
I am about to go back on them because I have read complacency can kick in around the 3 month mark and I am acutely aware that my AV seems to pop up a bit more often lately.
Whereabouts in Brisbane were you staying?
Stick in there Poppy, you're almost at the 90day mark, and it sounds like you're aware enough to beat of the demons, well done!! I've got another 10 days to go to my 90 and I hear what your saying about the difficult 3 month period. Thanks. I'll be aware.
I was staying with friends at The Gap, but I liked going into the west end for a coffee and to people watch. What area are you?
Old 02-05-2017, 12:58 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Poppy- choccies are better than booze
Old 02-05-2017, 01:19 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  

Very true Phoenix
November, I am in south east bris in Morningside. About 8 minutes from the airport. My bridge walk includes me watching the planes take off every 60 seconds on a Sunday morning I dare say you would have gone over the gateway bridge while you were here.
West end is a pretty funky place to people watch. I don't venture over the gap way all that much but it is a lovely suburb.
How is everyone's Sunday evening going?
Flipping awesome I hope
Old 02-05-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Happy Sunday morning, folks.

It's a cloudy, foggy, morning here, and I love it. I have the windows open, I'm drinking coffee, and I'm listening to The Eagles (Easy, Peaceful Feeling). And it's 7:30am. Isn't this so much better than a hangover?
Old 02-05-2017, 04:54 AM
  # 278 (permalink)  

2324 here tnek. Yep better than booze. Listening of a Doco on the Greek Empire.
Old 02-05-2017, 06:36 AM
  # 279 (permalink)  

Hi sober friends!!

Cold Sunday morning here, but the sun is out and I'm loving it. So much better than cloudy, gloomy dark days... and with no hangover!! It's getting better every day.

Have a great day all!!
Old 02-05-2017, 07:41 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  

hello Nobenders! Been fighting a cold all week, woke up this morning with my left eye all gunked up and closed, now its all red. husband assured me I didnt have pink eye, which made me sad as I was hoping I could call in sick, since pink eye is incredibly contagous, isnt it? Well cant blame a girl for trying. I shocked the heck out of him Friday night when he ask me if I wanted a glass of wine and I said no thank you. He rarely drinks so I was equally suprized to have him ask.

steely- thank you for remembering me to you list! I am one of those people who always seem to go unnoticed, under the radar so to speak, which serves me well at work but is sometimes frustrating in the social world so thank you!! Also you will love meditation, it is a practice that can be used anywhere anytime. Keeps my thoughts and emotions in check.

Jillwink- I would love to jog, if I could, i would be racking the miles up every week. As it is I run like a three legged hippo on marbles, so jogging in public is out.

Stay strong Nobenders! My plan for the day is a Costco shopping run, coming home making some clam/shrimp dip and watching the game. Than when midnight rolls around I get to go to work,,,,,, yeah,,,,,

Badge