Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 01-28-2017, 02:06 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Glad u still here rocky! I had a dream.like that too and it went in in the dream to have horrible consequences... then I awoke. .. phew. .. good reminder!!! Hope travel goes OK. .... anywhere exciting on the agenda??? All the best
Old 01-28-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Koala777 View Post
How about a little song for this special day Pebbles and Chloe?
Vocaroo | Voice message

Ok, I'll keep my daytime job...

Have a good saturday night everybody
Oh my god.. that was totally awesome! !! You have a fab voice... the 1st time I've ever had contact with a real person on here... I feel truly emotional to hear a real voice! And what a lovely thing to to for them... a great and genuine gift... wow!
Old 01-28-2017, 02:43 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  
Administrator

many happy returns pebbles and chloe

nice job Koala

hey to everyone - keep pushing through!

D
Old 01-28-2017, 04:34 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Oh Enfin!
That was supposed to be deleted... * blushing *
Well, you all know I like music now ♪♫♪♪

Time for bed now, bye!
Old 01-29-2017, 01:15 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Happy birthday for yesterday Pebbles and Chloe!

Koala - loved the recorded message haha, you're certainly a more accomplished singer and guitar player than I am

Its currently 1 degree C here and im getting ready to go cycling. At this point it feels foolish, i just hope I get warmed up once im on the bike!
Old 01-29-2017, 01:16 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Belated Happy Birthday pebbles and Chloe!!! What are the chances eh? Hope you both had a great day.

Koala you're a super star. That is truly class, your voice is great.

I love those dreams, like my subconscious is reminding me how it will feel to drink so don't be a twonk and pick up a bottle.

Sunday morning here. Getting up hangover free on a Sunday never gets old. Have the family over for Sunday dinner later, that'll keep me occupied.

Have a lovely day everyone.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:51 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Thanks all...hope you had a great day too Chloe....and thank you Koala for the birthday song!

Had a dream last night about beer & ex husband & ex in laws of over 30 YEARS ago!! I had a choice of drinking a 12 pack or going to the dentist. I chose the DENTIST in my dream. I didn't want to lose my sobriety even in my dream!

Hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-29-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thank, everyone and Koala...I love your voice! The message being vocal made me feel as if you were right here being my friend! So very special. I think we all should be able to say hello to eachother vocally.
Old 01-29-2017, 05:00 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Good Morning All, Sunday morning 7am and heading out the door Artifact hunting today. Haven't found anything the last several trips so hoping my luck turns around. Cold and WINDY!!!!
Old 01-29-2017, 06:31 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Bravo Munchkin94 for 1 month!

I hope you found the door Artifact of your dream Quitter!

Have a good day December Class
Old 01-29-2017, 10:53 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Thanks Koala! Finally figured out to listen to your song and loved it!!

Hope everyone has an amazing Sunday!!
Old 01-29-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. .. we all so busy which is great. ... me too... busy Sunday, had such day lunch in a pub, no urge to drink, just enjoyed the food! Work tomorrow... boooo.... just want a tropical island to myself now for a few weeks!!!! X
Old 01-29-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Happy birthday, Koala and Chloe!

As ever, I haven't been as involved here as I should be. I was tempted to drink last night, and it might've been only the thought of publicly starting over here that stopped me. And I thought that was messed up. Like why isn't it wanting to take better care of MYSELF and living a better life what stops me? That little voice in my head always says, "Oh, just for tonight and then you'll get right back on the wagon!" Funny how often it DOESN'T work out that way and that one night leads you to drink yourself right into another nightmare.

In any case, I did NOT drink and will have 50 days sober on the last day of January, which feels pretty good.

Enfin I also say boooooo to work tomorrow -- as for the tropical island, I was looking through an old issue of Coastal Living on Friday night and there was this article on the best places to snorkel. Now I LOVE the water and swimming, so snorkeling in a really GOOD snorkeling spot is a "bucket list" thing for me. Anyhoo, one of the places featured in the article was the Rockhouse Hotel in Negril, Jamaica. Check out the photos:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...h_Jamaica.html

How would that do? I am hell-bent on going there. I think we should all plan a trip there for our sober anniversary in December. A girl can dream, right?

Quitter, I hope you found something good today! Kudos to the rest of you still fighting the good fight and strength to those who are struggling. Please stick around. WE ARE DOING THIS.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:29 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

I feel like a dummy. Posted a link to photos of that resort having forgotten that I made it my avatar the other day. And I didn't forget because I was drunk or blacked out. It was LEGITIMATE forgetting. :-)
Old 01-29-2017, 04:31 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I don't think anyone thought that! Besides, the link allows us to get a bigger view of the place. Looks super cool
How do you make a photo/picture an avatar?
Old 01-29-2017, 05:03 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ChloeRose63 View Post
How do you make a photo/picture an avatar?
I do a Google image search of whatever I'm looking for, save the image to my computer, then upload as an avatar (when you go to set your avatar you do have the option of using an image other than the ones provided -- you have to scroll down past the SR options to the "Custom Avatar" box ).

You do have to be aware that custom avatars have to be a certain size, so not every image you find with a Google search will be the right size range.

Did that make sense?
Old 01-29-2017, 10:58 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Me so sober...I'll be there!! I love snorkeling too.... even tried diving once..bit too lonely and weird but at shallow depths was awesome!!! Prob see more exotic fish that in Cornwall where we are going this summer on hols!!!
Better get up.and put the Kettle on... ended up.on sofa last Ightfield after my husbands cough and snot gurgling drove me out .... poor him but it sounded so awful! Better than the beer gurgle/maybe death game of drunken sleep though I guess!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 04:32 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  

Hello December class,
Nice to see you MeSoSober!
You made me giggle with your "legitimate forgetting"
It's good to see you're still doing good, 50 days is a nice milestone

I have a rendezvous at the hospital this morning.
Some tests at the “vascular surgery” department.
A month ago, I told my doctor I felt pain in my legs when I walk a few blocks...
She asked me to get a rendezvous at the vascular surgery facility at the hospital.
I took that rendezvous and here it is: it's today. * gulp! *

I'm scared to death to be honest but I know it's the good thing to do.
I’ve stop smoking and drinking on December 2nd.
I didn’t know that my whole body would start to let me know how bad my shape really was.

Well, I’ll see what they will tell me, it might be very minor.
I’m very good at making catastrophe scenarios and I have to calm down, I know!

Wish me good luck !
Big koala hug to all of you
Old 01-30-2017, 04:47 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Stay calm Koala, remember your HALT stuff. Keep the thread updated. PJ
Old 01-30-2017, 09:39 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

MeSo & Enfin, add me to the Jamaica trip for sure! Looks absolutely beautiful. I'm not overly fond of being underwater, but i'm sure I'd get over it. The sunshine would definitely help

Koala - All my best wishes for your visit to the hospital. Let us know how it goes

Day 57 here, getting close to that 2 month milestone, eek! Rather quiet day at work over and done with. Nothing planned but relaxation tonight, my bike ride yesterday was fantastic, but it totally wiped me out!

Actually, I'm sat listening to the new album of a band I like. From listening to the lyrics and subsequent googling, it turns out the lead singer had a pretty serious drinking problem, and is now just over 1 year sober. We are never alone