View Single Post
Old 01-29-2017, 04:27 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
MeSoSober

Happy birthday, Koala and Chloe!

As ever, I haven't been as involved here as I should be. I was tempted to drink last night, and it might've been only the thought of publicly starting over here that stopped me. And I thought that was messed up. Like why isn't it wanting to take better care of MYSELF and living a better life what stops me? That little voice in my head always says, "Oh, just for tonight and then you'll get right back on the wagon!" Funny how often it DOESN'T work out that way and that one night leads you to drink yourself right into another nightmare.

In any case, I did NOT drink and will have 50 days sober on the last day of January, which feels pretty good.

Enfin I also say boooooo to work tomorrow -- as for the tropical island, I was looking through an old issue of Coastal Living on Friday night and there was this article on the best places to snorkel. Now I LOVE the water and swimming, so snorkeling in a really GOOD snorkeling spot is a "bucket list" thing for me. Anyhoo, one of the places featured in the article was the Rockhouse Hotel in Negril, Jamaica. Check out the photos:

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Re...h_Jamaica.html

How would that do? I am hell-bent on going there. I think we should all plan a trip there for our sober anniversary in December. A girl can dream, right?

Quitter, I hope you found something good today! Kudos to the rest of you still fighting the good fight and strength to those who are struggling. Please stick around. WE ARE DOING THIS.