Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 01-30-2017, 10:17 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! I've been pretty sporadic on my check-ins. Trying to change that this week.

I am picturing myself in Jamaica now (minus the winter fat, of course) and yes! A trip sounds fantastic.

Koala, thinking of you at your appointment today. I was just thinking last night how crappy I feel physically now, I guess there were things going on with my body that I just didn't notice while I was drinking.

Day 46 today, we are now less than 2 weeks from our big move and I'm obsessing about it. Going to try to knock out some packing today and make myself feel like I'm doing something.

Have a great day!
Old 01-30-2017, 10:22 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks for the info, MeSoSober!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Ooh... which band BBB??? What kinda music I want new music... need to find new things to like that don't remind me of drink!!!
We can get u a glass bottomed boat!!! ; )
Old 01-30-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Koala .... hope it was OK today... bon chance x
Old 01-30-2017, 02:09 PM
  # 225 (permalink)  

How u doing capricallia. .. good Sunday? ?
Nice to see u phoenix J...hope alls well. ....
Pebbles, chloe..... hope u didn't eat too much cake! !! And u had a lovely day x

Quitter. ... what did u find....

MeSo. .. we need to hire a cabin!!!

Hope everyone is ok. ... I'm. On the sofa again due to snotboy hacking up his mounts upstairs. ... he's so grumpy too.... not surprised really but his comments can still hurt! I feel.like I'm on eggshells and feel useless however I try and help .. oh well, stay out the way I guess.... 34 days here...tomorrow is 1/10th of a year!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 02:10 PM
  # 226 (permalink)  

RayJay. .. sure the move will be smooth... just remember to breathe!!!
Old 01-30-2017, 11:13 PM
  # 227 (permalink)  

Still got a banging headache enfin from lunchtime onwards every day It's moved into my sinuses - I suffer a lot from sinus infections and headaches. Hoping it'll clear on it's own, if not I'll ring the doctor tomorrow as I'm away for the night on Friday and don't want to be sick and miserable for it. My kids are coughing, hacking snotbags atm, I feel your pain

Hope your appointment went ok yesterday Koala.

What was the grpup BBB? That happened to me a few weeks ago. Sia's Chandelier came on the radio and I listened to the words for the first time despite hearing it loads before, finally clocked what it was about. Quick google told me it was about her drug and alcohol addiction and she's been in recovery for 4 years.

Good luck with move RayJay. Try not to worry too much about it. I've moved 13 times in my adult life including to a diffrent country and back. Have a bit of a relaxed attitude about it now, all comes together in the end. Actually the unpacking I hate the most.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:48 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

I just realised today is the last day of the month so we have all done a full complete month of the year sober. First one for everyone that didn't start 1st December. Looking forward to putting that little star beside January on my habit tracker.

How awesome are we
Old 01-31-2017, 11:43 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Enfin & Capri - The band is was referring to was 'Deaf Havana'. They are a British alternative rock group. Used to be very heavy, but have mellowed significantly now. I noticed a lot of alcohol references in their latest album (especially the song named Happiness). Worth a listen if you're into a bit of Rock

Fairly quiet day at work again. I just registered with a new Doctors surgery, with my house move at the end of last year. I was hoping they would continue my repeat prescriptions without me going in, but I've been summoned! Probably because of the notes from my last bender. Anyway, its a good opportunity to get checked out.
Old 01-31-2017, 02:33 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Never heard of them before BBB but I'll check them out on Spotify tomorrow. Love all different styles of rock, my favourite type of music. Best of luck with the doctor and hope it goes well for you.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:57 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by capricallia View Post
I just realised today is the last day of the month so we have all done a full complete month of the year sober. First one for everyone that didn't start 1st December. Looking forward to putting that little star beside January on my habit tracker.

How awesome are we
Oh wow, you are right! 47 days here, so this is my first full month. That is amazing, and makes me feel accomplished.
Old 01-31-2017, 03:58 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BringingBackB View Post
Enfin & Capri - The band is was referring to was 'Deaf Havana'. They are a British alternative rock group. Used to be very heavy, but have mellowed significantly now. I noticed a lot of alcohol references in their latest album (especially the song named Happiness). Worth a listen if you're into a bit of Rock
I just checked out a few of their songs. Really good!
Old 02-01-2017, 08:56 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Alive and well, checking in with 60 Days and feeling GOOD!
Old 02-01-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post
Alive and well, checking in with 60 Days and feeling GOOD!
Bravo Quitter!
We made it you and me!
Two months!!!

How about 24 hours more?
We can make it!
Old 02-01-2017, 01:10 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Well done on everyone hitting 2 months.... .. I'm at a solid 36 days and counting... the sanctity of dry january has left and all anyone has been asking is when I'm going to drink and how much, my parents even bought me a bottle of wine to say well done! I didn't take it....
It's now working me that I won't be strong enough to to keep going with all this expectation I will drink... I can't avoid these people, I work with them or see them at kids school. I need the be strong!

I have a week trip to Iceland with a bunch of drinkers in 2 weeks, thays what broke the longest stretch of clocked up last year, 67 days went as soon as the hotel put a bottle of nice red in front of me, and I was tired and surprised so I drank some....
Got to be prepared this year. I need a plan, or most importantly what to tell people, I don't like feeling like I let people down!
Working on it....
Happy imbolc. .. the pagan festival of spring today.... x
Old 02-01-2017, 01:38 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Old 02-01-2017, 01:51 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on 60 Quitter and Koala
Congrats too to enfin and rayjay and anyones milestones I've missed

Hi BBB and capricallia

D
Old 02-01-2017, 02:29 PM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Quitter and Koala, congratulations on 2 months!!!!!! Absolutely massive, i'm not far behind you

Enfin - sounds like you need a watertight plan to get through that. If it was me, I'd be telling them straight away that i'm not drinking, the reason doesn't matter. Get it over and done with so that you're not leaving the door open for any drinking whilst on the trip. You aren't letting anybody down, you're doing this for you.
Old 02-01-2017, 02:55 PM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Shaking the sober pompoms for you both Quitter and Koala, massive well done the two of you!! Fab going on 47 days too RayJay.

I had a quick listen to Deaf Havana BBB, like it. Actually I have already heard Trigger before, wasn't aware of who sang it. Another song or two for the sober playlist

Oh no Enfin, that sounds tough. Would you be happier using an excuse, saying you are on metronidazole or something? I've had it in the past for a mouth abscess and it's one of the antibiotics you really can't drink on unless you want to be violently ill.

I went on my first sober holiday ever (bar pregnancy when I spent two weeks miserable as sin) last August. I made it clear I wasn't going to drink before the holiday and cited I needed a break from it as the reason why. No more. I did have a few comments about waiting until after the holiday at the start but they soon gave up. I checked in here every morning and night while away, even just to read posts to keep me going. Also brought a recovery book on my kindle.

It wasn't as hard as I anticipated tbh, I actually enjoyed getting up clear and refreshed every morning and having stacks of energy to do stuff. I agree with BBB, 100% you are not letting anyone down. If people get miffed, tough, you are doing this for you. It is not their life and future.
Old 02-01-2017, 07:38 PM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Not quite to 2 months folks so put away the Pom-poms. 60 days is not quite 2 months. Last day drinking was Dec 3rd, First day Sober Dec 4th so not sure which day but I am gonna call it this Saturday, Feb. 4th for 2 months.

Just didn't want to stretch it any.

Actually having a rough spot the last 2 days, some depression and almost threw in the towel and got beer but decided to hang in there. Family Stuff! If it don't kill you, hopefully it makes you stronger.