Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 02-01-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  

They deserve a shake for you anyway Quitter Hope you're ok and getting some support. Minute by minute if needs be, well done for not picking up a beer.
Old 02-02-2017, 02:34 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by quitter62 View Post
Actually having a rough spot the last 2 days, some depression and almost threw in the towel and got beer but decided to hang in there. Family Stuff! If it don't kill you, hopefully it makes you stronger.
It would be sad to throw the towel a few hours before your 2 months mark.
Happy to read that you have resisted!

I'm shaking the capricallia's pompoms to all the members of the December class who are still sober in February! Well done!!!

Big koala hug
Old 02-02-2017, 02:38 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad you're hanging in there Quitter - dump that beer, ok?

D
Old 02-02-2017, 03:56 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Day 60 for me today, that'll do as 2 months for me! What a difference between now and that awful existence when I relapsed before christmas. Getting up to buy alcohol at 7am and sleeping all day. I dont want to go back to that and must do everything to keep going. Im working hard on changing my thought patterns so that I don't 'want' that drink. Im not missing it as i get no genuine pleasure from it anyway.

So proud to be a member of the Decemberites

Quitter - hang on in there, great job in not giving in.

Capri - I'm really glad you liked the band
Old 02-02-2017, 10:52 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Glad you're hanging in there Quitter - dump that beer, ok?

D
Dee, there isn't any beer to dump! I went for a drive to clear my head. Pulled into a store parking lot, thought a bit and went in and bought a coffee instead. I am sooooooo glad because I would have been beating myself up for being an idiot!

It's all good, and as usual I am not going down too easily!

EDIT: DEE, After re-reading my earlier post I can see where it might be interpreted that I GOT beer. Heavens NO! I talked myself out of the crazy notion and am damn GLAD!
Old 02-02-2017, 01:07 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sorry my bad Quitter - the awesome thing is you beat it down
Congrats BBB!

D
Old 02-02-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Bravo BBB!
Quitter, you and I reach our milestones almost on the same date!

My 2 months anniversary is officially today.
December 2nd was my first complete day without a single drop of alcohol.
December 4 is an important date too : the first day without a single cigarette!

I had the results from the artery doctor for the doppler test today : my arteries are almost in a perfect shape , I was worrying for nothing.
The doctor just asked me to walk a minimum of 30 minutes a day, every day, at a medium/fast pace.
These results were a nice gift for my 2 months!
I did a 45 minutes walk with pleasure tonight.

Have a good night mes amis
Old 02-02-2017, 02:21 PM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, I haven't posted here in a few days because I was toying with the idea of drinking a few beers on Super Bowl Sunday and I didn't want anyone trying to talk me out of it. I've spent the last hour reading posts from people going through the first few days of withdrawal and I decided to read the suicide note I wrote to my family the night before I quit drinking. I was in such a dark hopeless place that night, how could I have forgotten that feeling and what caused it? I'm not drinking on Sunday but this momentary weakness has me feeling a bit unnerved. I may need to laminate that note and keep it in my pocketbook...

Enough whining from me! Glad everyone is staying strong!!
Old 02-02-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 249 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Munchkin really sorry you are going through a tough patch. I find the Newcomers section really helps if I'm entertaining the thought of drinking again. The rawness of the posts there really brings all those horrible feelings flooring back from me. Stick close to support on Sunday for security

Since Koala and Quitter aren't at 2 months yet, I can't be either, since I quit after them! Seems i've been a bit overly enthusiastic in my calculations!!! 60 Days will do
Old 02-02-2017, 04:17 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I am working the entire weekend so Super Bowl won't be an issue here. I don't watch football anyway and don't even know who is playing.

Munchkin, you know you will regret that drink if you take it! I have been tempted a time or three over personal problems in the last 2 months and am sooooo glad I stayed SOBER! It's not worth giving up everything you have worked for and starting over at Day 1.
Old 02-02-2017, 11:10 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Munchkin, so glad you have decided not to drink, well done. Do it, laminate that letter! It's hard and it's tough sometimes but we never have to do that day one again, it is our choice. We have that power to say no to that first drink. I've also been unnerved by little devious drinking thoughts that I don't instantly disregard, I look at it as time to step up my sober tools. It's a warning sign and it's up to me to me to do something about it.

Away for the night tonight, treat from my partner as I've had a highly stressful couple of months. Bit worried about it as I have never had an overnight stay in a hotel in my adult life without getting drunk. I won't drink, on 40 days which is a nice round number I'm not throwing away. I'm accountable to her anyway as she knows why I stopped but I suppose I'm more worried I'm going to feel restless and like I'm missing out in some way and not actually enjoy the time away.

Time to get ready for the day here, have dentist and doctors appointments this morning. Joy but at least I'm being proactive about mh health these days
Old 02-03-2017, 12:32 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Morning all.. while I don't love that some of you are having thought of drinking , I do LOVE that u are beating then off with with a big stick!!! Brilliant. . I also read newcomers posts to remind me and re read mine to sniff the horror and remind myself! I am re reading the rational recovery book too.... so much sense and so much realisation. .. am feeling stronger and more defined in my choice (even saying it is MY choice is great!)
Glad your veins are good Koala,
Munchkin, so glad u ditched that thought. ...
Capricallia. ..enjoy the night!!! How fun!!!
Quitter ... also well done!
Anyone who j I have forgotten, sorry and we'll done my lovelies. .. thanks for your help in 38 days worth of sober!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:33 AM
  # 253 (permalink)  

BBB. ... I listened to the band too.. really good!! I need more new music so thanks!!
Old 02-03-2017, 12:35 AM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Koala .. don't know where u live exactly, but dinosaur jr are playing a few Canadian gigs. .. dunno if u like them , but a total lifelong dream to go see them for me . Never seen them... yet!!! recommended it if u like that kind of thing!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 03:03 AM
  # 255 (permalink)  

You are all awesome and I feel so fortunate to be a member of this class!!

Happy Friday!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Friday night. ..didn't even occur to me to drink or think I was missing out...score !!!!
Old 02-03-2017, 03:12 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  

Crap. ..that was post 1002...missed the 1000....wonder what it was....
Old 02-03-2017, 03:13 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
BBB. ... I listened to the band too.. really good!! I need more new music so thanks!!
This was post 1000. Cool....
Old 02-04-2017, 12:23 AM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Good morning all.

Thank heavens its the weekend! Having a nice lie in right now, then off to the football match later.

I had a bit of a strange experience yesterday... My best mate at work was leaving, and we had all put money in to get him some gifts. Since he's one of my best pals, I automatically volunteered to go and purchase the gifts for him, one of which was wine! To be honest, if I'd felt uncomfortable, I wouldn't have done it. I never liked wine anyway. Anyway, I picked up a bottle and left it in the car overnight. Zero desire to drink it, I actually felt for revulsion than anything else. Not something I'd like to have to do to often, but its done with now, and with its new owner.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:39 AM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Hi all...plugging along...Day 45

Had to travel out of state to see social worker, then to probate court to get a court date to regain custody of grandchild. Then picked up grandchild from daycare for the weekend. Daughter calls at dinner time in a panic - thinks her water broke...Goes to nearest hospital with Useless Wonder (birth father). His parents dump her off.

Shortly later...baby born. I should be happy but I'm not.

Not sure if she really knows that she won't be taking this baby home. I have to be in court first thing Monday morning for custody of this new baby. Baby born addicted to methadone & positive for whatever else she's been doing lately. Child was supposed to be born in a different hospital with specialized treatment for addicted babies but they had to go to the closest hospital because baby was coming too quickly. Not sure if they will transfer baby. Depends on the withdrawal but that can take days, weeks....

I will see new baby on Sunday when I drop off grandchild. Birth parents will be served at the hospital & grandparents at their house for grandchild #1. I don't need to serve them for grandchild #2 because it will be considered an emergency...just have to be in court first thing Monday.

Congratulations on your new baby...you've been served! Ughhhhhhh

Good news is I'm am prepared. Crib, bassinet, car seat, baby clothes, etc. This is just going to break her heart but it's best for the children.

Who am I kidding. I'm not really prepared. Not prepared to deal with an addicted baby, addicted parents, enabling grandparents, etc. My husband never had children & doesn't "get" addiction. A toddler & an infant? Hmmmmm Well, at least I live in another state so the distance should limit some problems. But my family & friends live in the same state as daughter so I won't have much support near by. This is going to be a life changer for all.

I have to do what I have to do. Sober. The end.