Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 01-22-2017, 12:51 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

7 weeks today, woop woop

The exercise is obviously infectious, as i've been on my first mountain bike ride today. I was pretty apprehensive, considering it was 3 degrees celsius, but once we got going, we were toasty warm. Having the correct clothing obviously helps too. I'm completely exhausted now and my body feels broken, but it was a lot of fun. I'm determined to get myself fit for some big off road rides in the summer. Great job with the running Enfin.

Koala, well done for getting through that, and reaching out for help

Capricallia Congrats on 4 weeks, awesome stuff!!

To my american friends, good luck for the football
Old 01-22-2017, 05:30 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Finally made it to day 30. Starting back to work tomorrow. Feeling good! Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Old 01-22-2017, 05:39 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats to all you guys for your milestones and for getting through the hard times

D
Old 01-22-2017, 10:59 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Very jealous of you all exercising, I miss running so much! Losing myself in the rhythm of it, the endorphin rush and feeling of relaxed fatigue after.

Have an appointment to see some highly recommended, apparently wonder physio/back guy tomorrow so keeping my fingers crossed he can work miracles and I'll be a spritely wee thang after

*BBB* well done on 7 weeks, that deserves a sober pompoms shake!

Hope work goes well today *MNT*

Up early this morning - set my alarm for an hour earlier than normal so I can have a little time to myself to get organised, get a decent breakfast on for the kids and a cup of coffee in peace. Fed up of rushing around like a mad thing. Could you imagine me doing something like that in my drinking days? I think not.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:02 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rockyMTNrider View Post
Finally made it to day 30. Starting back to work tomorrow. Feeling good! Hope everyone had a good weekend.
Thinking of just rocky..all the flippin best! You'll ace them.with your sober super powers!!!!
Old 01-22-2017, 11:03 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Capricallia... how the back gets fixed. ..and woooo ..organised in the morning, what's that?????
Old 01-22-2017, 11:05 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  

Hi everyone... it's 6.30 am.off for another round of work... this week I make a month... cripes. .. never thought I would do that again... thanks guys!!!! And my OH too... in it together defo helping! !!!
Have a good day one and all x
Old 01-23-2017, 04:23 AM
  # 148 (permalink)  

POOF! Lost my post!

Grandchild still here. Reason - typical BS story from paternal grandmother.
No worry, husband has day off so we will have a fun day with child!

Still very frustrated & concerned with entire situation. Social worker hasn't told my daughter yet that she won't be allowed to bring baby home when baby is born.

Spoke to attorney on Fri - he suggested I regain custody of my grandson.

Limited contact with birth parents & paternal grandparents is doing wonders regarding my obsessing over situation. Still have deep regret that I returned child but I did what I thought was best for him at the time.

Day 33 here. Carry on!
Old 01-23-2017, 05:31 AM
  # 149 (permalink)  

It's a dreary Monday morning and I couldn't really sleep last night but I still feel good! My daughter, who's away at college, surprised me by coming home around 7:30 last night. Had she done that a month ago I would have been passed out dead to the world but last night I was doing the dinner dishes when she walked in. We watched a movie (and I remember the whole thing!) I took today off since she has to go back tonight. My husband started his new job today so money stress should be easing soon.

Feeling humbly grateful and full of peace and joy at the moment...

Wishing all of you a beautifully sober day!
Old 01-23-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Good luck at the doctor, Capricallia. Hope you get some useful answers.

Rocky, back at work, that's great!

You go, Enfin!

Pebbles, maybe the attorney is right, regaining custody could stop all of the back and forth that is causing you such anxiety.

Munchkin, enjoy your time with your daughter. What a great surprise.

Today is day 39 for me. It's also my daughter's 16th birthday. We are currently estranged, she decided in October that the pain I've caused her with my absence (she lives in another state with her father) was too much and she no longer wanted anything to do with me.

It's been hard. It's been more than hard. I think about her and her brothers every second of every day, and I used to drink over it. Now, I don't, but I feel the pain more acutely. Today I'm going to stay in prayer and meditation and use all the tools I've learned in the last 39 days.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:36 AM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Very quiet on here. I hope everyone is okay. Quitter, Koala, CR, hope you check in soon

Im still here, still going. Just cooking up a curry. My coworkers are planning a night out which I'm trying to get out of. To be perfectly honest, I'd have no intention going even if I was drinking. 40 hours a week is quite enough to spend with the majority of them! I'll probably just say im with family. I'd rather not mention the fact I don't drink, as it will be like the bloody spanish inquisition. Still, no cravings for drinking really. A little thought here or there, but I've no intention of letting this slip again.

B
Old 01-24-2017, 10:41 AM
  # 152 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I'm here! You sound great! I love your attitude! In fact, this whole class has got it goin' on! I am proud to be a part of THE CLASS OF DEC. 2016!
Thanks to all of you for your support! Love ya!
Old 01-24-2017, 11:00 AM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Wow that was fast!!! Great to hear from you CR
Old 01-24-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Yep...I guess I have good timing!
Old 01-24-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 155 (permalink)  

My app has disappeared....it's not an omen hahahha... but it wouldn't work so I deleted it to reinstall and boom... gone from. Google play, no more SR app. ....booooo...

Still sober though.. did a yoga class today, all good!

Pleased to see u all in here, panic not we all somewhere. ... it's heads down and hope for summer time isn't it! Plans and grit teeth (and roads!!!)

Happy Tuesday folks x
Old 01-24-2017, 12:27 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I still have to log in mostly every time I want to read posts...even though my login info is saved..just an extra step...I don't sweat the small stuff
Old 01-24-2017, 01:15 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Still here.

Nope physio didn't go so well. Actually believes more damage there than the xray showed up and I have a disc protrusion also which is what is causing me bad referred pain elsewhere. Have to wait on my MRI which could take literally years here.

Honestly had pretty intense cravings after hearing that.

Im angry at being fobbed off by doctors and given the run around, annoyed at my ex for not pulling his weight childcare wise when I could use the help being in bleeding pain every day, worried about how this will play out in the future, sad over what I feel I'm losing out on amongst a myriad of other emotions. However I know it's ok to feel these things, part of my problem has always been trying to hide from emotions and emotional pain at the bottom of a bottle. Have to feel it and deal with it. I can't change anything about it right now so acceptance is the way ahead.

I'm commited to staying sober today. I'll revisit that commitment tomorrow when it arrives.
Old 01-24-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Hello my December friends!

I'm still here but I have less time during the week to write...
I'm happy to see everybody is doing fine!
We're the best indeed CR
I'll try to post a longer message tomorrow morning, I have to watch my pastas now!

See you later, stay strong!
Big koala hug to all of you!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:03 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Alive and Well here BBB, thanks for checking! You sound like you are doing well as does everyone else that's still hanging in there. I don't really even think about drinking much any more. I stay pretty busy and sometimes forget to check in as often.
Not much to report. Working steady, dealing with LIFE as it comes, mostly GREAT with a bump in the road here and there, but that's the case for ALL OF US!!!

Proud to be in the class of December '16!!!
Old 01-24-2017, 08:54 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

The apps been discontinued.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...10-sr-app.html