Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 02-04-2017, 03:06 AM
  # 261 (permalink)  

Very heavy stuff Pebbles. Look after yourself. My prayers to you and extra prayers to your grand child. Stay safe, keep posting.
Old 02-04-2017, 03:46 AM
  # 262 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles128 View Post
I have to do what I have to do. Sober. The end.
This is a long weekend ahead of you Pebbles.
I'm sure being sober will be a big plus. Be strong.
I'm sending you all my koala energy
Old 02-04-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 263 (permalink)  

Congratulations ChloeRose and Quitter
Old 02-04-2017, 01:32 PM
  # 264 (permalink)  

Thanks Koala!!!!

Pebbles, my oh my what a burden you are carrying. We have our 16 y/o granddaughter living with us due to drug abuse and failure to make a living (work) by her mother, my stepdaughter. It has been a viscious cycle. I understand. A newborn will be even more difficult. I don't mean that to be uncaring, I mean that we are all getting OLD and shouldering responsibilities that should not be ours. Stay strong for the children for it is surely NOT their fault!
Old 02-04-2017, 01:45 PM
  # 265 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks, Koala!
Congrats, quitter!
My prayers are with you Pebbles...may you find strength and peace.
Old 02-05-2017, 01:08 AM
  # 266 (permalink)  

Congrats on 2 months guys... awesome achievement! Is 40 days here so only 20 more to go till 2 months as well! !!

Pebbles, you are amazing to help 2 young lives for the better... they have a better chance new coz of you... well done in so many levels x
Old 02-05-2017, 02:20 PM
  # 267 (permalink)  

Hello Decemberites
I'll watch the Super Bowl...super-sober for the first time in many many years.
I'll remember what was going on for once! 🏈

I had a very disturbing craving for a few minutes earlier but it's ok now.
I've decided to watch the game alone at home to stay safe.
I'm not ready to join my friends at the bar, that would be too dangerous.

Chicken wings are in the oven and the Pepsi is in the fridge.

Have a good sunday night!
Old 02-06-2017, 04:42 AM
  # 268 (permalink)  

Hey koala....hope u enjoyed it...Pepsi and chicken wings.sounds better than blackout and hangover!!! Well done... x
Old 02-06-2017, 06:19 AM
  # 269 (permalink)  

Chloe Rose and Quitter, you know those pompoms have come out Massive well done the both of you!!!

I'm in awe of you Pebbles, honestly, I think what you are doing is amazing. Wishing you every strength for the time ahead.

Good job Koala, hope the chicken wings and Pepsi went down well.

Great here. 6 weeks yesterday and can feel a real sense of emotional growth happening. Had a belter of a weekend away, so quiet compared to my drinking times but just lovely. All those connections to people around me are beginning to feel deeper and more open than before.

Life's not perfect but I no feel isolated and unworthy and I can talk about things and laugh and cry and rant and it's me. Not the false me I was projecting but the true authentic, honest me that has troubles and struggles and flaws that I'm no longer willing to try and hide.

I simply feel such a sense of gratitude for sobriety today. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders.
Old 02-06-2017, 07:00 AM
  # 270 (permalink)  

Thays brilliant capricallia. .. I can sense that might be happening to me at times too... like a shift in reality and perceptions to a truer life experience... it's sounds so hippy, but true! It's not all rainbows, but it's all real!
I'm glad you are feeling like that, makes it all worth while! Have a good week x
Old 02-06-2017, 09:20 AM
  # 271 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by capricallia View Post
efore.

Life's not perfect but I no feel isolated and unworthy and I can talk about things and laugh and cry and rant and it's me. Not the false me I was projecting but the true authentic, honest me that has troubles and struggles and flaws that I'm no longer willing to try and hide.

I simply feel such a sense of gratitude for sobriety today. I feel like a huge burden has been lifted off my shoulders.

Capri, I couldn't have said it any better. Exactly how I feel too. Great job on your 6 weeks.

Pebbles - You are just awesome to be doing what you are. Keep going! Lots of e-hugs from me. Let us know how you are.

Koala - Chicken wings and Pepsi sounds great. NFL is slowly getting popular here in the UK. A few people in the office had been up all night watching it! Supporting my local soccer team takes up most of my patience, I'm not sure i'm ready to handle watching yet another sport just yet!
Old 02-07-2017, 11:26 AM
  # 272 (permalink)  

I managed to survive & stay sober....

Daughter/child tested positive for a slew of drugs. Drove to out of state court to secure guardianship of newborn. Court would not hear separate case for older child. The "gatekeeper" to the judge said it was already scheduled for next week & not an emergency (????) I went before the judge & did get guardianship & she asked about other child/other guardian & I went on & on & on....judge clearly was not happy with situation & said I did have to keep the other date so that others involved would have a chance to speak. (by then I'm beyond confused)
Long story short...social services removed my older grandchild to foster care. Because I live out of state he could not be placed with me at this time. Even though I've been providing all kinds of information on my concerns for the child, I had no actual "proof". The hospital had the blood work & observations of the parents. That was all they needed & couldn't wait until my court date. I understand but it's just hard....my grandchild did well last night at his foster home & will be attending his same school so that makes me feel a little better.
I am so angry at my daughter. I'm sure she is a mess. I want to help but.....
I'm going to try my hardest to get custody of older grandchild. It's more difficult now that he is in the "system" & I live out of state. Way more difficult.

I did think how easy it would be to drink all this pain away. But I have to think of the helpless children & how a drink would just make everything a million times worse. The drinking thought didn't last long but it was there....

The "if onlys" keep popping in & out of my head. It's snowing. Because I can't drive the 80 miles to the hospital to see baby, my plan was to set up the baby stuff. Husband got out early because of the snow. Him being home all day really messes up my day although he's doing nothing but snoozing away on the couch. I'm sad, mad, frustrated, tired.....waiting for the attorney to call. $$$$$$$$ Car needs to be repaired. $$$$$$ Guess I'll keep busy getting ready for baby. Really want to sleep though...Hmmm

Well, I'm not going to drink...just checking in. Hope everyone is having a better day!
Old 02-07-2017, 11:48 AM
  # 273 (permalink)  

Pebbles that breaks my heart. Sleep while you can, especially if you are going to be dealing with a baby soon. I can't even begin to imagine the emotions you are going through right now and I think you're amazing for staying sober. You are giving your best staying strong and clear headed for your grandchild and I hope things work out with the older one too.
Old 02-07-2017, 01:04 PM
  # 274 (permalink)  

Pebbles that's such a tough circumstance and you are doing so amazingly well... and you are sober... I am in awe of your strength and admire your efforts to make a better life for your grandkids... sending u lots of love xx
Old 02-08-2017, 08:36 AM
  # 275 (permalink)  

Checking in, alive and well. Worked the weekend shifts and the next three days I am off (Wed-Fri), then working the weekend again. Shifts rotate at work so no overtime.
Glad to see so many of us still in the game!
Old 02-08-2017, 09:26 AM
  # 276 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Thinking of you Pebbles. You are doing such a great job. I really admire your strength. Good for you for realising drinking will only make it 100x worse.

Still trucking along nicely here. Feeling happier than I have in a long, long time. Long may it continue. It kinda feels like i'm finally starting to feel comfortable with who I am.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:50 PM
  # 277 (permalink)  

Also very glad to see so many of us still here. We rock!

I feel exactly the same lately BBB. For me it's not a bouncing around high happiness but more a contented, satisfied feeling. A new normal I like very much and suits me.
Old 02-09-2017, 03:55 PM
  # 278 (permalink)  

Hi December Class,

Feeling out and empty tonight for no reason.

Maybe it's because things are going too well... (?)
I now sleep 7 to 8 hours every night.
I eat very well with plenty of vegetables and fruits.
My savings account has an exponential growth...
Is it possible everything can go too fine?

I'm bad at being happy with no crisis to solve.
I'm really good when I'm in deep caca with impossible deadlines to meet.
I'm a pro at surviving with almost no money in my pocket and little to eat in the fridge.
It was the usual scenario almost every day when I was drinking.

I have to learn how to live with no drama going on anymore.
Happiness is an unusual state of mind for me.

It felt good to talk tonight, thanks.
We can make this
Old 02-09-2017, 06:38 PM
  # 279 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can learn to be comfortable being happy and content Koala - stay with it

D
Old 02-10-2017, 02:46 AM
  # 280 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Koala - as I see posted many times here, it will probably get better with time. We're still at the stage where this is a completely new way of life for us. It feels weird for me too, but good weird. You're doing great
B