Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 01-27-2017, 06:07 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  

I found it a bit slow to start with BBB but I think it's going to go the way I predicted a while back. I agree with Julianna, she's a bit wooden and I don't think Frank is great either. It seems like he's acting to me rather than fully getting into character. Season 2 delves more into Smith and his family which I'm enjoying. A character makes a brief appearance in the second series and I wondered why I imagined him as an alcoholic until I remembered he played Colonel Tigh in Battlestar Galactica.

Awesome Koala well done on 8 weeks!!

Tired and sore myself today but going to use it as a day to relax, take it easy and look after myself. Hope you all feeling sicky and not so good feel better soon.
Old 01-27-2017, 07:32 AM
  # 182 (permalink)  

Hey all, Thanks Koala for mentioning all of those still with us in our Journey! Congrats to everyone still here!

For many of us (myself included) we would have never thought it possible to go this long without alcohol. I can personally say that my life is already less complicated and Happier! I am even letting loose of a few old grudges (still working on that one).

SR has become a really great place to visit for strength and support and I THANK every single December '16 CLASSMATE for sharing your stories and your struggles so we may all gain strength and solidarity!

I am piddling around today so far as I have 3 day weekends every weekend, working four 10 hour shifts. I need to find something to occupy my time, LOL!

Check in Later.........
Old 01-27-2017, 11:11 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Well what started as a nice relaxing friday afternoon turned into a manic one! I got a call at work that my fire alarms were going off in my flat, just as rush hour arrived. So I drove as fast as traffic would allow to get home. Fortunately, it wasn't a fire. They must be faulty, so I've disconnected them for now. They were going off for an hour apparently. Living in a flat complex, i'm sure my neighbours love me tonight
Old 01-28-2017, 12:06 AM
  # 184 (permalink)  

Glad everything was ok BBB

Ok stupid body I get that you're well rested but waking me up at 6.30am on a Saturday morning is not cool. So much for a lie in! At least it's not that unable to sleep because of the alcohol horrors.

Boiler has started leaking and my washing machine has broken. Given the fact I have children and my house resembles a laundrette with the amount of washing I do, I'm keeping my fingers crossed I'll come across the problem myself and can fix it when I have a look at it later.

Hope everyone rocks their sober Saturday!
Old 01-28-2017, 02:03 AM
  # 185 (permalink)  

Hello December Class

This morning, cleaning my pictures files on my PC, I found this "Start" jpeg I saved when I decided to stop drinking at the end of November.
I can't believe it's almost two months now that I decided to start one more time.

The hardest part, and by far, was the first steps on day 1.

Have a good sober weekend mes amis!
Old 01-28-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi all...picked up grandson from daycare (Yay! No drama from other grandparents & parents) It's really helping not really speaking to them.....I'm not obsessing & projecting all the time! Day 38.

Today is my birthday so we will be making a cake & cooking a turkey. (Went through my big freezer & found it on the bottom) Also made a new list of what is actually in there!

Husband finally acknowledged my not drinking...but only because someone else prompted him. But I'll take it.

Hope everyone enjoys the weekend!
Old 01-28-2017, 03:54 AM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, Class! This Birthday Morning is a great place to start!♡CR
Old 01-28-2017, 03:57 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Pebbles!!
Old 01-28-2017, 04:00 AM
  # 189 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Chloe!!

Wow! We get to celebrate two birthdays today? I'm having cake tonight in honor of you both!!
Old 01-28-2017, 04:02 AM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Thanks! Happy Birthday, Pebbles!
Old 01-28-2017, 05:06 AM
  # 191 (permalink)  

Old 01-28-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Happy birthday pebbles and chloe... a great sober celebration to you both!!! Eat , drink tea and be merry!!!

So are today I have had a lie in till 8. 30, made eggs for breakfast, taken kids to party, played badminton, ran 1.5km non stop out of 2km total, bought gramps some birthday presents for next sat and tidied and hoovered the lounge... now for a cuppa! !!
Next......
Old 01-28-2017, 06:52 AM
  # 193 (permalink)  

Koala... I like the start quote... really resonated and true with everything. .. 2 weeks ago I went on my 1st run in 20 years, I felts stupid, fat, slow, stupider for letting go myself get fat unfit and slow... but I went again and again and now ran 1.5km non stop! Hope I keep going...

Starting is the hardest bit... followed by keeping going!!!

I want to run 5km non stop and never drink again....
Old 01-28-2017, 06:56 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Also , the kids partly was in a bar, with some parent drinking at 11-1 on a Saturday. . And driving home. ...

I had a coffee. ...

I thought about that beer, that slow warm enticing embrace...and subsequent slide into blurry uselessness, maybe topped with shame and embarrassment, certainly garnished with an empty wallet , headache, sweaty restless night... and I though, no ta, pass the biscuits!!!

32 days today, over a calander month for rent, and do u know what ... I feel pride in myself... who'd a thought it!

Thanks for your help in raising my self esteem out of the gutter x
Old 01-28-2017, 07:04 AM
  # 195 (permalink)  

I bought double choc 'heavy duty' cookies today. I did not even eat them all. (:-)>
Old 01-28-2017, 07:06 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Chloe and Pebbles!
Old 01-28-2017, 07:48 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHLOE and PEBBLES !!!
Old 01-28-2017, 09:05 AM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,
I woke up in a great mood, slept in a bit and I'm going to my daughter's first college LAX game at 2:00 today. Her school is about an hour away so I won't be home when the afternoon craves hit. My husband has to go to work for a few hours so he can't go to the game with me. He just walked out the door and as he's leaving he says very casually "I think I'm going to have a drink tonight, you know, as a test." Mind you he quit drinking 30 days ago too and his drinking was even worse than mine. I told him I think it's a very bad idea and I won't be joining him in this insane little "test".

I'm feeling very disappointed and sad that he's willing to throw away a whole month of hard work but I guess it's his decision. I'll be sticking close to these boards tonight for sure...
Old 01-28-2017, 11:05 AM
  # 199 (permalink)  

Just wanted to stop by catch up and check in. I am doing good. I have been having dreams that I am getting drunk and resetting back to day one. I wake up and realize that it is only a dream and immediately feel great that it was not something that really happened Got through my first week of work. I have to travel for work for the next 4 weeks. I am looking forward to getting some money coming into my account finally! Hope everyone else is doing well.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:05 PM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Have a good saturday night everybody