Notices

Class of December 2016 Part 3

Old 02-10-2017, 02:57 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

To those suffering- I have just one thought. Do not drink. The every day and the worse than crap things of life become worse with drinking. Sobriety is so important- because it gives a level playing field. It gives us the opportunity to live life- the crap, the joy- the pain and the good. On life's terms. Not with an addled numbed alcohol focus. No one else but ourselves are responsible for us. Sometimes the problems of life seem to overshadow the importance of remembering how important sobriety is. Without sobriety however all the other stuff grows in difficulty.
Old 02-10-2017, 03:02 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  
Administrator

, it will probably get better with time.
no probably about it BBB

D
Old 02-10-2017, 11:10 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Not sure what to do here. My wife doesn't like forums and doesn't participate in any. She gets pissy occasionally about me being on them, even this one. I like having the support here but it sometimes causes me friction at home. I have never acted inappropriately on a forum or with anyone on a forum and she has never accused me of such but it still has been a cause of strife at home. I suppose if it gets to the point to say goodbye here I will do that instead of just disappearing.

She supports my sobriety and she quit also on the same day but I guess she doesn't 'need' any 'outside' support.

Mostly this depresses me and I tend to slink away from confrontation, so if I sign off I hope you all can understand. I will post first.

Seems like a silly thing to argue about! If I end up leaving I hope that I am strong enough to continue my sobriety, I am doing well but we all know how that can suddenly change! (I will duplicate this post on one more thread to save re-typing).

Old 02-10-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Same here. .. I forum my husband hates it ... same quit date too 44 days ago. He doesn't want to talk about it , to me or anyone... he just does. It's quite lonely really...but better than him being greally drunk or hungover all day!
Old 02-10-2017, 11:28 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Lack of Punctuation makes that post a bit odd!! Sorry.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:46 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

I had to Laugh Out Loud!!!!

Right after I made my post I went to the garage to start a project on my 4 wheeler to stay busy and this song came on! HA HA HA!!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhr2g746MPg
Old 02-10-2017, 11:51 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Lol
Old 02-10-2017, 02:03 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Forgive me if I sound a little crass, but in all honesty, I don't understand why peoples partners don't like them posting on here? Quitter, I feel it would be really sad if you felt you had to leave because of this. At the end of the day, this is a huge thing for US in OUR lives. It's the old burying the head in the sand and pretending the issue isn't actually there mentality. Surely they know you are trying to make a positive change in your lives here, and that peer support is a vital component of that?
Old 02-10-2017, 02:25 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

My husband has just been out to do a gig, came back and I finished putting the kids to bed... . we sat in the lounge with the fire on... he puts on the news , which I don't like to watch, so I read a little here and type away... he asks me to leave as I'm annoying him...there's no keypad noise at all... he just said he can't stand me typing away while he's trying to watch all the news (misery) .... hey ho....
Old 02-10-2017, 02:44 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I think that's sad Quitter and Enfin. Some may not need support but everyone is different. Would they feel the same if it was meetings or is it just because it's online? I hope you don't go quitter.

My partner does know I am on them, never asked specifics but is happy I can gain so much out of it especially as they don't really understand addiction having never done anything to excess.

Thanks Phoenix, I needed that tonight. I can feel ok the rest of the week but Fridays nights are extremely difficult for me, especially tonight. Home alone and start of the kids holidays off school. Always a good reason to get pissed when I've no alarm to set for the morning.

I was never going to drink as I got changed into my pjs very early to head off going to the shop. Ate my body weight in chocolate, pizza and ice cream instead but emotionally felt a bit deprived and low.

Going to do my meditation now and try and get a good night sleep, hoping tomorrow brings a more positive day for me and everyone else.
Old 02-10-2017, 02:47 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope neither of you guys decides to leave. I doubt I'd be sober if not for this
place.

D
Old 02-10-2017, 02:48 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

I'd be telling him to leave if it bugged him so much Enfin but I'm not exactly known for my patience I do the same when the other half puts on something to do with football or match of the day (yawn). Tablet automatically comes out.
Old 02-10-2017, 04:07 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I will just see how it goes. I enjoy this place and it gives me strength and accountability. My wife gives me accountability also and I guess she thinks that is enough. She drank with me in later years but usually not to excess and she could take it or leave it. Ho Hum!

This depresses me.

On a BRIGHTER NOTE, since I am still here. 69 DAYS today and counting UP UP UP!!!
Old 02-10-2017, 08:33 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Not leaving dee.... don't worry!

Capri. ..sounds like you doing amazingly well to not drink on the 1st night of the hols, always a trigger for me... icecream and pizza is a great idea! Better than a awful hangover huh..
Hope u stay quitter.... .. it's good here to know how guys. I like that the world out there is wishing me luck and helping me be sober! It's not always easy and being married for 19 years ain't either especially when u both have to give up your hobby of beer and drinking , who knows what will evolve!
It's 4.32am and I have coughed and entire atmosphere so am up making a lemsip and honey before my lungs literally flop out of my mouth!!!!
Old 02-11-2017, 08:46 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

I hope you won't leave Quitter, that would make me sad.
It's hard for me to understand that another person can tell you to leave this forum since it helps you to stay sober...
The song you posted was funny and it makes me understand how it can be with the "other half".
I saw you're still here this morning in the 24 hours thread so bravo for these 70 days!

I'm happy to be sober this morning, I'm forgetting why I've stopped sometimes and I then go read the posts from the beginners in the February Class.
It makes me remember pretty fast why I'm here .
I don't want to go back on day 1 oh! no no no...

Have a good weekend les amis, we can make it
Old 02-11-2017, 09:01 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

I am constantly on my tablet. My bf does not ask what I am doing. We don't talk much about my sobriety (successes or struggles). I can never have a 'crazy' reaction to anything because days later he will try to find out why I was acting strangely and I get all nervous because I can't tell him that it is so hard to keep myself composed for so long and that not expressing myself to him builds up craziness. If I told him about SR he would probably suspect I was drinking again.
Old 02-11-2017, 02:28 PM
  # 297 (permalink)  

So folks.. who have we still got on this wagon hurtling from last December I to the future, destinations unknown;
There's me, Quitter, BringingBackB, Koala, ChloeRose , Capricallia, Pebbles.....
Thats from memory....
Old 02-11-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Munchkin...u still here... hope u got over the craving on Friday. ...
Old 02-11-2017, 02:30 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Rayjay. .. hope u still out there too...
Old 02-11-2017, 02:32 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Mesosober, it's been a few days? Hope u ok.. r have u gone to the tropical island!!!.