# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of December 2016 Part 3

last part here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...rt-2-a-20.html

D
Old 01-10-2017, 06:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yippee!!! I am the First! Come on CLASS, let's get checked in!
Old 01-10-2017, 08:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi all, think it is day 15 for me. Has been going well but today was awful at work. I work for a small firm with very nice people. One of my co-workers was fired with absolutely no notice. Super nice lady and it shocked us all. I think we all fear for our jobs now. I will not lie, I had thoughts of drinking but managed to beat it down. Too close for comfort though...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and staying busy.
Old 01-11-2017, 02:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow already part 3!

Hey Quitter did you clean that carburetor on your generator finaly?
Is there still a storm forecast?
Lulu, it’s hard to deal with job insecurity and a new sobriety at the same time. First thing first : whatever happens, don’t drink, you can make it!

Day 40 done for me, so far so good.
No cravings since awhile, merci la Vie

I'm a bit mixed up these days because I'm looking at different alternatives.
I started with AA meetings then found AVRT via SR and discovered SMART a few days ago.
Their methods are in contradiction on many points and it confuses me.
I really like SMART so far but I have to read more…
What's important is that I’m sober and that it will be zero alcohol today.

Have a good day, big koala hug to all of you
Old 01-11-2017, 03:26 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I do AA, SMART, CBT bits, addiction counselling, mindful meditation. I take what is useful and offered. AA is more for listening or sharing in turn. SMART is for talking with others for on the ground practical every day coping strategies, CBT- to change what I do, Addiction stuff- to change my thinking on why I do stuff. I find no contradictions.
Old 01-11-2017, 03:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hi all....Day 21 for me. Going to the dentist this morning. I've been putting this off for quite some time but finally made the appt. It's going to put a huge dent in my savings but the alternative - no teeth - would put a huge dent in my self esteem & health so it will be worth it.
I might attempt to fix a leaking shower/tub faucet. I've watched a few videos & it looks like MAYBE I could do it. It's been leaking for months but now it's almost a steady stream of HOT water - $$ down the drain. Husband has every tool known to man but is not very handy. He had the day off yesterday but claimed he needed his rest. I agree but does he really want ME messing around with plumbing? We do have another shower.
Teeth or plumber? I have to go with teeth because it could be just a washer & I don't want to pay a plumber for that....OR I could make it 20x worse. Decisions, decisions.
Old 01-11-2017, 08:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LuLu13 View Post
Hi all, think it is day 15 for me. Has been going well but today was awful at work. I work for a small firm with very nice people. One of my co-workers was fired with absolutely no notice. Super nice lady and it shocked us all. I think we all fear for our jobs now. I will not lie, I had thoughts of drinking but managed to beat it down. Too close for comfort though...

Glad to hear everyone is doing well and staying busy.
Sorry about your co-worker LuLu. A few years back, we went through a thinning out and it was the most stressful few weeks. Seeing people walking out with security was devastating for morale and I know the anxiety that goes with it. Hope everything settles down for you :-)

BTW, I'm on Day 15 too!
Old 01-11-2017, 09:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Evening all

A fairly productive day at work for me. Got through quite a lot of work and made some headway on my ongoing tasks.

I've dabbled in AA, SMART, AVRT over the years too. I can take bits from each. At the moment, i'm pretty much solely using SR. Sticking to it closely, plus reading recovery literature at the same time. Still not many cravings as of yet, although I'm definitely getting them for food. I'm eating all the food! I could do with putting half a stone on though so I might as well enjoy it whilst I can
Old 01-11-2017, 10:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Checking in late on Day 28. My husband is off work today and he's throwing off my schedule!

I've been using both AA and SMART. I find value in both, and I can take what I need from either.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Day 20! Feeling so much better. I still have really bad mornings but I am sure with time that will pass. I wake up with terrible anxiety but other than that most days are going well. Just wanted to check back in its been a few days.
Old 01-12-2017, 04:11 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Day 22. Survived the dentist. Treatment plan paid in full. Expensive but had to be done.
No work on the leak yet. A bit nervous I'm going to make matters worse but I'm still going to attempt the fix.

Old 01-12-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RayJay View Post
Checking in late on Day 28. My husband is off work today and he's throwing off my schedule!
Congrats on Day 28, RayJay! Chuckled at your husband throwing off your schedule, LOL!
Old 01-12-2017, 06:41 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pebbles128 View Post
No work on the leak yet. A bit nervous I'm going to make matters worse but I'm still going to attempt the fix.

Good for you!!!
Old 01-12-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Vacation begins today! I'll spend today packing and loading up the car so I can take off early tomorrow morning.

Yesterday was pretty strange. I had run out of one of my meds and figured one day would be fine...I was wrong. All day, I felt as though I was watching myself from above. When I settled down for the night, as I closed my eyes I saw horrible images of demons and just scary stuff. My dreams were just as crazy. I kept trying to wake up and end the dreams, but kept dreaming them when I fell back asleep. Ugh. Took all my meds today so I'm feeling much better.

Day 16 is going to be busy. It's pouring rain here ( I wish it was snow, LOL) and I have a few errands to run, but really looking forward to skiing this weekend. (Tons of snow up north :-) )

I hope everyone has a great day!
Old 01-12-2017, 06:49 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Friendly Folk

Hi, Dec.'16 Class!
Old 01-12-2017, 08:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Optimist4ever57 View Post
Vacation begins today! I'll spend today packing and loading up the car so I can take off early tomorrow morning.
Have a great vacation! Day 29 here, trying to just keep quiet and mindful.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Mobile won't let me post in this thread....argh... will try and see if posting on Internet will let me back on to mobile thread!?!?!?
Glad to see u all still here xx
Old 01-12-2017, 12:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Ha, tricked it! !!!
Old 01-12-2017, 12:57 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Brrrrrrrrr It is SO COLD in Northern England tonight. Heaters on full blast and I still can't get cosy. We're forecast some snow here tonight, i'm hoping it holds off until the weekend!

A pretty uneventful day all in all. Feeling good though. Work has been manageable. All is well. I was out for a meal before and on the way home, driving past the supermarket I had that 'what if?' moment, but it soon went away. I haven't come this far to go back to that horrible way of life I've worked so hard to get free of. Onwards and upwards

B
Old 01-12-2017, 12:58 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Rehydrating to Oblivion.

Originally Posted by enfinthechange View Post
Mobile won't let me post in this thread....argh... will try and see if posting on Internet will let me back on to mobile thread!?!?!?
Glad to see u all still here xx
Enfin, I've been having all sorts of problems with this forum this week, so not sure if your issue is related. I keep getting signed out constantly!

Hope all is well with you?