Notices

Class of November 2016 Support Thread Part 4

Old 11-26-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hanging out at work. Funeral this evening. Just a quick check in. Staying sober. Welcome to the new comers
Old 11-26-2016, 02:31 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bblackbirdflyy View Post
Hanging out at work. Funeral this evening. Just a quick check in. Staying sober. Welcome to the new comers
Good luck for the funeral :-( thinking of you x
Old 11-26-2016, 02:38 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by sadsadgirl View Post
Hi all, I think I better join this crew. I'm on Day 1. Fed up with myself after my recent bender. I embarrassed myself terribly. I can't live like this. I hate myself
I can relate to this- I've embarrassed myself non- stop, over the past few years, lost friendships even( when I just can't face them again so block them from my phones and social media)
Don't beat yourself up- you're in the right place for support to stop drinking, and you can do it. Sending you love and hugs xxx
Old 11-26-2016, 02:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Day 13- woke up early again, which is a gift for me!! 6am on a Sunday without the raging hangover is great!!! My teens will sleep for another few hours so I can sit in peace and savour my coffee...
Today will be a cleanup day and maybe the beach later.. the weather is warming up and I don't want to miss a moment of it...
wishing everyone a very happy Sunday xx
Old 11-26-2016, 03:43 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Hello everyone, I haven't been on your thread for a while and enjoyed reading your posts.

Congrats to your sobrieties, you have good support going here.

A warm welcome and good luck to the newcomers and a if you need it. Quit drinking is one of the best things I've ever done. Hang in there, it's worth every bit.

Have a good and sober Sunday!
Old 11-26-2016, 05:12 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Well...made it through the first 24 hrs. The thought did cross my mind, can't lie, but I just distracted myself. Goodnight from New Jersey.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:23 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

First 24 hours down? Excellent! My first day was definitely the most difficult.
Old 11-26-2016, 05:40 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Wrapping up day 4

Welcome AceinNj, Applekat, LostBee, Sadsadgirl and anyone else I missed going through the first 24. It is the worst but I can guarantee the second day is better, third day even better than the second. I wish you all luck and stick with us Nobenders to get through this. I have had good luck with eating fresh fruit or even smoothies. Easy on the tummy.

cchick - wtg on dumping the bottle! I've actually done that a couple times in the past.

I made it home from work without even tempted to stop at the carryout because I'm so freaking tired. Silly me binge watching Goliath last night till 1:30am. But it is AWESOME!

To be honest, I got home turned on the computer to chime in then got lazy and was gonna blow you guys off. But, I'm glad I changed my mind, peeled myself off the couch and am sitting here typing. Being in touch with all of you keep me going.

Have a great night or day (depending on where you are)!
Old 11-26-2016, 09:24 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. After work today was a bit tough. But when I would have immediately requested my shift drink I instead ate something small, drank ice water, and went straight home. I ran errands and bought things I have just not been getting.... drinking has a way of eating up your time even when you're not drunk. Anyone ever notice that?

Anyway, I got some things I needed, cleaned my room up after my last bender, and saged the place. Made myself a healthy soup for dinner. I also put on a face mask and painted my nails. I've been drinking soda water like crazy.

I spoke with my boyfriend a bit. He and I were on the bender together and both woke out of it very scared and ashamed and knowing we need to both do something about it. We were on solo missions today, doing work, thinking, etc. Some quiet alone time is needed..... Anyway, happy to be in a place where others can relate.
Old 11-26-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Cchick I feel the same way about the word "alcoholic" and I'm not ready to use it to describe myself. I heard someone on an episode of This American Life yesterday refer to herself as a "non drinker" instead. I thought to myself that when the time comes, and I feel comfortable enough, to declare my status when offered a drink I will say "No thanks, I'm a non drinker".
You should feel proud for talking to your hub. I am! And so relieved too. Also, good work pouring that bottle down the sink
Old 11-26-2016, 09:54 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

HI Applekat! It's crazy you are in this class. I was Soliloquy. You were in the class I was in a couple years ago, the Fools?
Old 11-26-2016, 10:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

hi all, day 12 for me. feeling so good. I want to feel absolutely amazing and deal with every day life - naturally not with drugs.
Old 11-26-2016, 11:04 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Applecat and Sol

April 2014 class!! Remember me? I am still here, too!! So happy to "see" you both
Old 11-26-2016, 11:14 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome guys

D
Old 11-27-2016, 01:11 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Morning guys, day 2 does feel a little better than Day 1. But I need to get into action now. I'm going to tidy the house after my last bender. It stinks of booze and makes me reel. I'm going to change my bedsheets too-despite it being a Sunday and apparently bad luck to change them on a Sunday. I feel safe that I won't drink the next couple of days. Wednesday is my big test day. I have a meeting in the office then and work from home on Thursday. It seems like Wednesdays are when I feel better enough to forget how awful I feel from the last time and the AV rears its head.
Old 11-27-2016, 01:58 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'd make as many changes as you can sadsadgirl - find more support, change your routines, make sure your house is alcohol free and maybe be a little choosy about what social activities you get involved in for a little while?

D
Old 11-27-2016, 02:17 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi all. I've been just lurking in the background. Reading all your posts and rooting for you all. Strange thing happened today and thought I would share.

I'm a couple of days off being three weeks sober. Yesterday I attended a very early Christmas celebration with my family. Although I have recognised the voice in my head that speaks of alcohol over the last few weeks it has been fairly weak and has not really bothered me. Yesterday it tried to gain strength by using others ability to drink responsibly to try and convince me that I could too. But I got through without engaging too much.
Today was like I was doing day 2 all over again (day two had been my hardest day to date). I felt physically aweful. Tired, sad, I had the shakes and the sweats (anxiety posing as withdrawal?). The beast was strong and nearly had me a few times there. Like I said the first time since day 2 that it even came close.
I just kept taking my son and his friend for walks.
The last walk we took was to take his friend home and then go by the supermarket for some bread and such. It's a small town and the streets are generally clean.
Guess what I came across on the way there!
Can't guess?
A full, unopened bottle of beer sitting on the road!!
Dies that seem strange to anyone else?
Is this beast really just in my head?
Old 11-27-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm not sure I'd pick a bottle up off the road even in my worst days lol...might not be beer inside...

I fought the voice fairly constantly for the first 30 days and then less through 60 days... about 3 months I found the inner addict voice stayed quiet most of the time.

When you consider how many years I drank for that's a pretty sweet deal

D
Old 11-27-2016, 02:31 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'm not sure I'd pick a bottle up off the road even in my worst days lol...might not be beer inside...

I fought the voice fairly constantly for the first 30 days and then less through 60 days... about 3 months I found the inner addict voice stayed quiet most of the time.

When you consider how many years I drank for that's a pretty sweet deal

D
But was that voice putting bottles of beer in your path? LOL

It's kind of a good thing that I had super string urges today. I have kind of been expecting it and fearing that I wouldnt stay strong. But I rolled with it and let it pass and now I know it's possible and no matter how **** I feel I'm still better for it.
Old 11-27-2016, 02:49 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

I remember everytime I quit someone would come around with beer, or I'd end up somewhere where there was beer, or the local bottlo would have some amazing new beer or some amazing special.

I thought at the time I was being tested but now I see it as pretty indicative of the life I led back then.

but, I've never come across a bottle in the street, no

D