Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 10-24-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Hello class,no we won't drink today! Hope everyone has a great AF day
Old 10-24-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 162 (permalink)  

Having a few cravings here on my day 3, so I'm posting for some accountability. No, I'm not going to drink today. I can't. It takes my body more and more time to recover from each relapse, and I'm too worn out to do it again.

It's much easier on my body and brain to read and post here than it is to withdraw again. Happy sober Monday!
Old 10-24-2016, 06:50 AM
  # 163 (permalink)  

I have just had a hot chocolate. I only ever drink it when I am staying off the booze. It's my alcohol replacement drink.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Guys I drank and I'm sorry. My bf has forgiven me but I feel terrible. It's so funny how a few days ago I was so happy and now after the alcohol has worn off I'm like my life is in shambles!

It's really not any different than it was a week ago when I was sober (I do have a great life) but now I haven't done anything in like 3 days. My house is a wreck. How quickly it all goes downhill.

No choice but to get back on the band wagon. Clean my house, go to work, pretend like everything's fine.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:09 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Aww Jade. Am so sorry but you came right back! It's my first day too after a long spell of drinking. But unlike me, you have some sobriety. Good job!! Have a good Monday and join me on the wagon!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Ok I'll introduce myself. I am from the June, August and September classes. As you can see I am really good at staying sober...... The last few weeks have been one long binge.... So here I am at the end of October trying to do 7 straight days of sobriety. Then I can join November with some decent progress.

Hi again to a few familiar names! And hello nice to meet you to all the other Rocktobers! Love the name!!
Old 10-24-2016, 07:15 AM
  # 167 (permalink)  

Thanks north. I feel better already.

My bf said he's "very disappointed" but he's gotten over it now. It all started with me thinking oh I can just go without drinking for 30 days and only drink on special occasions or only drink on vacations. Then of course I'm planning a vacation so I can think about drinking. But in reality I didn't even wait for a special occasion unless you count in between shifts drinks "special".

The alcohol lies again and I totally fell for it
Old 10-24-2016, 07:16 AM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Awesome north we can be sober together
Old 10-24-2016, 07:59 AM
  # 169 (permalink)  

NorthernLass, welcome, Jade, your experiences serve as a reminder to myself. I know a few drinks at a social occasion is not for me.

Keep visiting here, it helps me. A lot.

Nothing really to comment on today. I am still more productive at work, things that were just left on my desk are actually being dealt with now. I look back at some Mondays when all I could do was to watch the clock go round and I could get home and go to bed to get some sleep. The days where my hands were shaking so badly I couldn't write or draw a straight line, when eating with chopsticks was impossible. I don't have to live that anymore.

Progress towards being better at my job, being better with friends and family and being a better person. Progress, I am not there, but improving.

G
Old 10-24-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

Checking in...hi everyone!

Jade1224, glad you are right back here with us!
Old 10-24-2016, 09:01 AM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
I have just had a hot chocolate. I only ever drink it when I am staying off the booze. It's my alcohol replacement drink.
Mine too! I was sober for almost a year and I drank hot chocolate almost every single night.
Old 10-24-2016, 09:13 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Jade glad to see you back.
Today has been a long day. I'm back in pjs and chilling out.
Old 10-24-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

First day of my sobriety

Hi everyone. Had 2 years of sobriety plus 10 and a half months of awful relapse. Now I am back to my old good days of sobriety. Today is day 1. And I wanted to share this with you...
Old 10-24-2016, 12:34 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elfie312 View Post
Mine too! I was sober for almost a year and I drank hot chocolate almost every single night.
what is the recipe
you do it with chocolate of cacao
Old 10-24-2016, 12:40 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pinky1 View Post
Please can I rejoin? Day 1 again for me but I won't let it beat me. I am determined to get back up and try again. Downfall was stupidly getting some wine hampers for Christmas presents and yes I opened them. Well lesson learned will replace them with food hampers. Foolish of me to buy them I know �� x
Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
Ok I'll introduce myself. I am from the June, August and September classes. As you can see I am really good at staying sober...... The last few weeks have been one long binge.... So here I am at the end of October trying to do 7 straight days of sobriety. Then I can join November with some decent progress.

Hi again to a few familiar names! And hello nice to meet you to all the other Rocktobers! Love the name!!
Hey NorthernLass

I was very much the same as you. I relapsed and tried joining a couple classes but I just could not figure out how to get it to stick for me. Eventually I found myself on the other side of the line in the sand. It took a lot of commitment to hard work on my recovery, a good strong plan and making use of as much face to face and group support as I could.
If I can do it... you can too. You know your plan is not strong enough if you can't quit and stay quit. Hang in there, do you have a plan? Have you tried revisiting it and adding to it?
Old 10-24-2016, 12:47 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mia1972 View Post
Hi everyone. Had 2 years of sobriety plus 10 and a half months of awful relapse. Now I am back to my old good days of sobriety. Today is day 1. And I wanted to share this with you...
Welcome to the class Mia! You have done it before so you know you can do this again Did you get a chance to look at the recovery plans link yet? What do you think was your reason for the relapse, and do you know how you can prevent it next time?

And for everyone, I can't recommend it enough if you don't already have it. The Sober Tool app is an amazing app to help track your sobriety and to read positive, motivational messages.
When I was alone and had no face to face support, SR and Sober tool app were what kept me going in the difficult times.

I hope everyone is having a great sober day!
Old 10-24-2016, 12:52 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
Thanks north. I feel better already.

My bf said he's "very disappointed" but he's gotten over it now. It all started with me thinking oh I can just go without drinking for 30 days and only drink on special occasions or only drink on vacations. Then of course I'm planning a vacation so I can think about drinking. But in reality I didn't even wait for a special occasion unless you count in between shifts drinks "special".

The alcohol lies again and I totally fell for it
Hi Jade

Are you working and kind of a recovery plan? Have you tried any face to face support like AA, or an addictions counselor, or other group meetings? Maybe ramping up your efforts outside of SR will help you?
Try not to focus too much on your boyfriend's disappointment, or get too stuck in your shame and guilt. Positive action is what needs happen to get you moving forward. Be kind to yourself.
Beating ourselves up often becomes a good reason for us to drink again.
Hang in there and chin up!
Old 10-24-2016, 12:54 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Delizadee View Post
Welcome to the class Mia! You have done it before so you know you can do this again Did you get a chance to look at the recovery plans link yet? What do you think was your reason for the relapse, and do you know how you can prevent it next time?

And for everyone, I can't recommend it enough if you don't already have it. The Sober Tool app is an amazing app to help track your sobriety and to read positive, motivational messages.
When I was alone and had no face to face support, SR and Sober tool app were what kept me going in the difficult times.

I hope everyone is having a great sober day!
Hi Delizadee,
And everyone else in the class. I had 2 years of sobriety. And then I had this big event that I organised. And that is where I started back. But now I went ahead and looked at my old posts. Couple months before I relapsed I had started to question whether I was a boring person because I wasnt drinking. Well the last 10 and a half months that I drank I was not a more colourful person because I was drinking on the contrary I was a person who put herself into so many regretful and shameful situation.
I am as determined as I was before. I am done with alcohol. And yes I am not denying anymore. And no I can never be a normal drinker. But a healthier person who is confident of herself. I put myself in so many ****** situations I dont even want to go into details.
I am taking this week as a relaxed week. Next week I will start exercising. And will go back to writing.
I am so happy I have SR...
Old 10-24-2016, 01:09 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Gifford View Post
NorthernLass, welcome, Jade, your experiences serve as a reminder to myself. I know a few drinks at a social occasion is not for me.

Keep visiting here, it helps me. A lot.

Nothing really to comment on today. I am still more productive at work, things that were just left on my desk are actually being dealt with now. I look back at some Mondays when all I could do was to watch the clock go round and I could get home and go to bed to get some sleep. The days where my hands were shaking so badly I couldn't write or draw a straight line, when eating with chopsticks was impossible. I don't have to live that anymore.

Progress towards being better at my job, being better with friends and family and being a better person. Progress, I am not there, but improving.

G
Gifford: exactly. I had those same Mondays at work, ughh. Today was so so much better. I actually wonder how I did it.

Progress is right--improving every day.
Old 10-24-2016, 01:33 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  
Mr

Hi Mia have a good relaxing week