Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 10-26-2016, 05:17 AM
  # 241 (permalink)  

Elfie - you need to get treated for the PPD. Mine went untreated for years (3 babies in 5 years). It is where my heaviest drinking started.

I suspect they took your baby to keep her safe not to hurt you.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:31 AM
  # 242 (permalink)  

Hurray Oct!!! I'm so proud of you for getting through the craving yesterday! We have the same quit date and I want us both to keep the date sorry about the bruise,ouch!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:02 AM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Oct142016 - at least you remember how you hit your knee!!!

Elfie312 - my heart is breaking for you. My sister is also going through PPD and just recently sought help help and is doing so much better now. I love your avatar...H.O.P.E...hold onto that when it seems darkest. Let this poison get out of your system and you will start to feel better...and I'm hoping you get some relief in a new, better kind of support that is more healthy for you and your baby!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:31 AM
  # 244 (permalink)  

We can dooooooo this!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2016, 06:41 AM
  # 245 (permalink)  

I'm still here and still sober. I'm going to stay sober as long as I get to stay with my daughter today. My husband is acting like it's not going to happen now. I don't know what I will do if I can't stay with her.
Old 10-26-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oct142016 View Post
Elfie - you need to get treated for the PPD. Mine went untreated for years (3 babies in 5 years). It is where my heaviest drinking started.

I suspect they took your baby to keep her safe not to hurt you.
Yes they took her to make sure she is safe. I have an appointment today with someone who specializes in post partum depression. I'm hoping she can help me.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:57 AM
  # 247 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elfie312 View Post
I'm still here and still sober. I'm going to stay sober as long as I get to stay with my daughter today. My husband is acting like it's not going to happen now. I don't know what I will do if I can't stay with her.
Hun - you just need to stay sober period. I only figured out several years in that the booze was making the depression worse.
Old 10-26-2016, 08:15 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  

Hello! I am here! Thanks for all the greetings! Hi Vman!

I am sorry to say, I drank yday. I was v v disappointed with myself. Kept thinking why?? There is no reason why, I just wanted to drink. Part of it is also habit. I'll come home late afternoon and just drink and do nothing all evening till bedtime. This time I thought I could just have one. Fought the cravings for a bit and thought whatever, and went for it.

Tonight I have been out all evening and I have just had my hot chocolate. Not tempted to drink. Am probably going to sleep well tonight as I slept badly (alcohol induced, Dumbo!!) last night.

Elfie, I am really upset for you. Sending ((hugs)). I hope you got to see your baby!

Oct "the booze was making the depression worse" Yes, those words sound familiar. I drink to escape feeling down but at the end I don't feel better, I just feel like a moron for giving in.

Going to bed, have a good AF day! Glad I can join you all today!
Old 10-26-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  

Glad you are back Northern - I've taken to changing to PJ's once I'm home, so that I don't go back out - I'm liking it as well - feels more chilled.

Elfie - so sorry for your troubles, but pleased also you are still about and posting - glad you get the chance to be with your daughter this weekend.

Just completing 3 weeks without alcohol today - had a busy, busy day - glad I was sober and on good form, otherwise I would have gone mad!
Old 10-26-2016, 12:11 PM
  # 250 (permalink)  

I'd like to join you all. Day 2 here.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:28 PM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Big hugs Elfie, your little girl will thank you in the future for seeking the help you need. Save that booze money for a special teddy for her.
I missed out on a lot of my son growing up, time I'm afraid I won't get back. Please don't make the mistakes I did, you still have all those childhood years ahead of you for you both to grow and enjoy.

Well done to everyone climbing the mountain of days and those starting over at the bottom again stay strong.
Old 10-26-2016, 12:30 PM
  # 252 (permalink)  

Welcome Chickchick congrats on day 2
Old 10-26-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Welcome Chickchick
Old 10-26-2016, 02:35 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Hi Elfie,
It has a meaning that you keep on writing here. That means you actually dont want to drink. And want support from us (your SR fellows). Drinking is by no means good for depression. Just on the contrary it shoves you down.
Keep on like this. Don’t drink. Your baby needs you.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:37 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  

Day 3. And everyday I keep reminding myself that I can be cool without alcohol. I did that for 2 years. Why not now. And not everyone is cool every time.
Old 10-26-2016, 02:49 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

Nothing cool about drinking for me,sloppy, bloated, slurry words,watery eyes,depression, getting mean, the list goes on and on
Old 10-26-2016, 02:57 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ChickChick

NorthernLass have you any plan for when you feel like that ? even reaching out here might have changed that outcome?

((elfie))
Old 10-26-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

Hi all,

Elfie, please stay strong and sober FOR YOUR DAUGHTER. To get her back. She does need her mom, but she needs you sober, and I'm sure that sobriety is the key to you being reunited with her. Stick with us!

Welcome to ChickChick and congratulations on your Day 2. More people here makes us all stronger, I say.

On Monday I was . . . obliged . . . by my supervisor to go and see a consultant with my employer's employee assistance program. Imagine my surprise when I saw that the consultant was my Spanish teacher from high school about 30 years ago. Neither of us gave the other any indication that we recognized each other. She was actually great to talk to. Kept encouraging me to keep an open mind about treatment and different recovery methods.

She gave me the name of a counselor to call and this is where I think in my head, "Oh yeah, maybe I'll call her, I should call her," and then never actually do call. I should commit to you all right here and now to do it. I always think to myself, "What's this person going to tell me that I haven't already figured out for myself, or read here at SR, or read in a book, or heard at group therapy or AA, etc." Probably nothing. But like I told my Spanish teacher/consultant, just going, without necessarily thinking it will make a difference, will represent an investment of time and effort in my sobriety. That has to count for something even she doesn't have anything new under the sun to tell me. I sure haven't done enough in the past.

So I crossed off day 17 today. I think I mainly need to strengthen my urge-surfing muscle, because historically I haven't even really TRIED to fight the urge to drink. I know I have to read and post here every day to stay strong. That's where you guys come in.

Let's all support and encourage each other and do this together. We ARE worth it.
Old 10-26-2016, 05:41 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  

Thank you all so much for the support. I haven't been able to get on here much today because I've been so busy. I went to my appointment was totally honest and was referred to an 8 week outpatient treatment program. I'm calling to set up the appointment tomorrow. Also best news is I'm staying at my inlaws with my baby!! She screamed her head off all day and won't let me hold her which breaks my heart but it will get better. I know it will. I have a plan and I'm going to follow through this website is part of my plan so you will be seeing alot of me!
Old 10-26-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Yaaaaaaay Elfie -- that's great news! We believe in you, and you're right when you say it WILL get better!