Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 10-25-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

I tried to taper down yesterday. It didn't work. My parents are understandably upset with me since I had to go to the hospital a month ago. The doctors gave me Librium to assist with withdrawals. I am thinking of doing that again.

I don't know if my withdrawals will be that bad since I have only been drinking four days.

I loved sobriety and I have no idea why I would choose this terrible pain over feeling healthy.

I feel like no one understands my addiction because I don't even understand it.
Old 10-25-2016, 05:25 AM
  # 202 (permalink)  

Welcome to the class Junoluna woke up kinda early and got a small walk in,go to work and hopefully do a bunch of haircuts cuz yesterday was slow as it was raining, rain seems to keep the customers away,come home and watch little g-son,most of all try and keep my positive pants on! Sometimes I notice that I actually think myself into a bad mood, who wants to do that?not doing it today! Hope everyone has a wonderful AF day
Old 10-25-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jade1224 View Post
I tried to taper down yesterday. It didn't work. My parents are understandably upset with me since I had to go to the hospital a month ago. The doctors gave me Librium to assist with withdrawals. I am thinking of doing that again.

I don't know if my withdrawals will be that bad since I have only been drinking four days.

I loved sobriety and I have no idea why I would choose this terrible pain over feeling healthy.

I feel like no one understands my addiction because I don't even understand it.
Hugs!

I have struggled with trying to understand mine for so many years as I struggle to quit as well. I think I know some of things that trigger it but still struggle with those triggers.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  

((Hugs)) Jade,of course we understand,this addiction is a dirty,sneaky little beast! It almost feels like a tug of war sometimes we love being sober but there's also that want to be drunk,it's hard to explain really, I've drank on antabuse before cuz that pull to drink was just so darn strong and drinking on that drug can be deadly, I just didn't care at the time,that just shows what a mindgame this stupid addiction is, Oct 13 was supposed to be my quit date but that day I couldn't take the withdrawal so I tapered down and just quit the next day,withdrawal sucked but I made it through, I wish you strength and if you need to go to the doc just go,it's better than keeping on with drinking, that'll for realz make the withdrawal harder
Old 10-25-2016, 06:48 AM
  # 205 (permalink)  

Thanks win. i have never made it to one month before. I AM proud of that. Congrats on getting sober too.

Antabuse sounds gnarly, did it make you sick?
Old 10-25-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Let's not drink today, deal? Deal. Settled.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:18 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Jade,I had been taking 1/2 a tablet and skipped the day that I drank but yes I got very sick,very hot and tired but come to think of it drinking makes me feel like that anymore anyways, I'm sending strength your way,you can make today day 1!!
Old 10-25-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Stay with it Jade remember how good sobriety feels
Old 10-25-2016, 08:21 AM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Jade - was so glad to see you posting again today. Keep going sweetie - you've done so well and have enjoyed being sober. Besides, we all like having you around :-)

Vman - coffee in the morning, tea later on :-)
Old 10-25-2016, 08:38 AM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. Hugs and hope to all. Heading off to bed. Day 11. Grateful for your posts!
Old 10-25-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Evening (where I am anyway) classmates! Welcome to Junoluna and all others newly joined. Good on you Jade for getting right back into it. Also, thanks very much for everyone sharing the nice hot chocolate ideas, will be sure to give it a try.

Mrs Haddock and I are visiting friends in a neighboring town this weekend. Not big drinkers at all, but used to having two or three beers with meals when visiting there, so I am busy putting together a solid plan. Yes Fortress, drinking this weekend? HELL NO!!

Good on all of you. Keep walking guys and girls!
Old 10-25-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 212 (permalink)  

PS: Won't allow this weekend's visit get in the way of reaching four weeks sober.
Old 10-25-2016, 01:20 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Great attitude Captain Haddock
Old 10-25-2016, 01:53 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Home from work. Hope everybody doesn't mind if I post a lot about random stuff. Helps me stay on track to post.

Lots of talk about holiday parties already. Oddly, this would normally be a stress magnet for me to worry about how I will stay sober. This time it's not, I'm focused on how nice it will be to not worry about how much I can drink or what I will say or what I will do that I will regret the next day.

And I don't have to worry about trying to find a ride, either. Yay for all those positives!
I bought some diet coke to have as a treat, as I never drink soda normally, and those hot chocolate recipes sound good too. I didn't even know marshmallows come in different flavors.

Last edited by samwitch; 10-25-2016 at 01:54 PM. Reason: grammer!
Old 10-25-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

Hi team...just checking in again.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:10 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Day 18. Fixed drum belt on dryer. Been broken for four months but I finally got tired of doing laundry elsewhere. P90x plyometrics workout tonight and then watch World Series. Looking forward to another sober wake-up tomorrow!
Old 10-25-2016, 04:15 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Hi,
Just want to share an update. My first period of sobriety where I didnt drink for 2 years I remember developing this fear against alcohol. And later on I actually learned that there actually was a phobia related to alcohol. And that helped me stay away. (The interesting fact is that I remembered this all of a sudden)
Right now I am kind of feeling the same thing. Couple weeks ago while I was trying to negotiate with myself about being a social drinker it was such a stress for me not to be able to drink in terms of social situation I would somehow get into. But today I feel like I dont care at all. I dont have to drink to flirt with a guy. If necessary it should be that I should meet a guy who doesn’t drink. Nor I wont drink in a social situation anymore. Because I miss those days where I was saying proudly “I am not using alcohol”. Proudly because I was feeling so healthy. However the last 10 and a half months of drinking I felt so inferior.
Well I keep on reminding myself all these. And I also remembered reading Alan Carr’s How To Quit Drinking. I remember that had also helped me a lot. I am not considering to reread since I remember some very basic stuff. For example he says he can’t understand how people can shove that foul smelling poison (alcohol) down their throat. That sentence had impressed me a lot. Yes pure alcohol is really poison and there never is any single kind of alcohol that tastes good. We always mix them with something. Even wine.
Anyway I wanted to share some highlights with my fellow SR crowd.
Hope everything will be good for all of us!!!
Old 10-25-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

19 days sobre. On & off head+kidney pain.

Hey beautiful people! I had my last drink 19 days ago after drinking heavily for about 5 years. I have been experiencing pressure & pain occasionally on the left side of my head & on my left kidney as well which I know is from my alcohol abuse. I am doing research, I eat very healthy, drink lots of water, exercise & meditate(4-5 times a week) in order to foster healing & repair of my body naturally. If the pain persists after like 6 months sobre I will go to a doctor for sure! But for now I will keep sharing my progress on SR & reading all of y'alls progress as well, as that really encourages me & gives me great tools to be & stay sobre!
Who else is experiencing head & or kidney pain? Let's share our experiences. All the best to everybody in staying sobre. You got this!
Old 10-25-2016, 05:46 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  
Administrator

why wait six months astik?

D
Old 10-25-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  

Astik, I agree with Dee. Why on earth would you wait six months if you're experiencing head and kidney pain after 19 days without alcohol? It could be something completely minor, or it could be something significant. Why not get it checked out now?