Notices

Class of October 2016 Support Thread Part 2

Old 10-29-2016, 01:00 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  
Mr

Welcome Whatcouldbe.
Congrats on the job SM.
Gifford I hope you manage to get through to your son and get it sorted.

Happy Halloween
Old 10-29-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR whatcouldbe.
Old 10-29-2016, 05:45 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  

"The alcoholik who drinketh not, feeleth goode. Let us do this"

-Wise Old(e) Proverb that I just made up
Old 10-29-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

Hello! evening here. No cravings tonight. But I am really tired! Had a long day and am usually tired on a Saturday but this seems worse than usual. Going to relax and get ready for bed. V unusual for me! Body detoxing??

Have a good weekend!
Old 10-29-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  

Hello class and Welcome whatcouldbe everyone sounds great! Hope we all have a wonderful AF day
Old 10-29-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

Starting over once again after 6 days of sobriety. I don't even want to face this day. 3 days of drinking and feeling horrible. Stupid ...so stupid. Where is my strength ?
Old 10-29-2016, 07:23 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Don't beat yourself up Pattik,it only makes you feel worse! Just don't drink today and get a start on finding your strength
Old 10-29-2016, 07:37 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  

Thank you Winslow. I know I have the strength in me to do this. Just have to find it and hang on
Old 10-29-2016, 08:14 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pattik57 View Post
Thank you Winslow. I know I have the strength in me to do this. Just have to find it and hang on
i'm sure you have

i reckon if i can do it anybody can and i know it's early days for me but things really do feel different this time

i have a bit of a test coming up on November the 14th
off to visit my drinking buddy up in the North of the country...

we see each other twice a year and it always turns extremely messy....

in fact we have never got together and not had a 5 day binge

there is no way i'm going to let him down by canceling a long term plan and he fully understands my decision....i am certain i will have the strength to say no...............there is not a chance i'm putting myself or my family through six months of drinking (which i what would happen) or those withdrawals again....none at all.....

JL
Old 10-29-2016, 08:43 AM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Hi Pattik, stick around SR for support if you need it, we're all here to help...
There is a thread here that you might find helpful, very good support throughtout the weekend.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2016-a-6.html

This link doesn't look quite right, I tried to add it a couple of times with the same result. I hope it works...
Old 10-29-2016, 09:15 AM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Welcome back Pattik - I reckon the fact you're here straight away is the most important bit. This thread and the weekender thread are always quite busy if you need to chat, vent, etc.
I'm needing to chill tonight - tired after a day out on the bike and need to get ready to see my mate tomorrow.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:25 AM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Pattik - I think everyone's ultimate goal is to never drink again but it is always good to keep on trying to stop when we go off the rails. Glad you are still trying because in that is always hope.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 373 (permalink)  

Pattik, I think most, if not all of us here have slipped up once- or two dozen times. Look at it this way- you drank for 3 days, not weeks or months. That's over and done with. You get to make another attempt at staying sober, and that's the important bit.
Old 10-29-2016, 09:54 AM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Same here as Pattik! On the 5th day of my sobriety I screwed up. But here is how it went. I want to share it here at SR so the next time I am in a situation like this I will have my guard. Here is the story:
There is this man I was really interested in. He came to visit me at my house. And he is a whiskey drinker so I even ordered whiskey for him and didnt drink anything myself. Almost 2 hours passed like this. Then I ordered something to eat. That is when my AV interrupted the whole process. I said I will drink wine with the food. And be a little bit tipsy etc. And of course after 2 glasses of wine I had some whiskey and of course the rest of the night was perfect. Listened to music, had great sex, slept together etc... However the feeling for me the next day (even though I had no hangover except some tiredness) is awful as you all know. The reason I shared this story is that I honestly and really didnt want to drink last night. I was so clean after 4 days. The only reason I did this was to be in the same state as he was. Now I feel like I am a loser. But I didnt give up. I am starting day 1 today.
But here is my problem: I am ok with every type of situation except this. I know I will meet this guy again. And I really like him. And he likes to drink (socially) And I have no idea how to deal with the situation the next time I am with him. And hell I have no idea if we start dating
Old 10-29-2016, 10:05 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  

Welcome whatcouldbe.
climb back on Pattick, glad you're here.

Hello everyone day 24, up early and out on my bike for 4 hrs cycling. Rode over to my parents house for a cup of tea, lovely to be out the the fresh air. Home now had a hot bath and feel very tired and relaxed. What a complete contrast to 3 weeks ago.
It really does get better for those struggling hang in there.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:39 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Elke516 View Post
Hi Pattik, stick around SR for support if you need it, we're all here to help...
There is a thread here that you might find helpful, very good support throughtout the weekend.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-2016-a-6.html

This link doesn't look quite right, I tried to add it a couple of times with the same result. I hope it works...
Thank you. The link worked fine and I am going to spend a lot of time reading today
Old 10-29-2016, 10:42 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oct142016 View Post
Pattik - I think everyone's ultimate goal is to never drink again but it is always good to keep on trying to stop when we go off the rails. Glad you are still trying because in that is always hope.
That is what I need to hear.. that there is hope.
Thank you
Old 10-29-2016, 10:44 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SpaceMandrill View Post
Pattik, I think most, if not all of us here have slipped up once- or two dozen times. Look at it this way- you drank for 3 days, not weeks or months. That's over and done with. You get to make another attempt at staying sober, and that's the important bit.
Thank you and yes I am done with it. So tired of the same routine. I want to make this my last try and stay sober. I am missing out on life
Old 10-29-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  

Mia
I have found I have to avoid any situation with alcohol if I can at all. It just isn't worth being sick for 3 days and missing out on life going on around me
Old 10-29-2016, 10:47 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jimuk View Post
Welcome whatcouldbe.
climb back on Pattick, glad you're here.

Hello everyone day 24, up early and out on my bike for 4 hrs cycling. Rode over to my parents house for a cup of tea, lovely to be out the the fresh air. Home now had a hot bath and feel very tired and relaxed. What a complete contrast to 3 weeks ago.
It really does get better for those struggling hang in there.
Thank you Jim and congratulations on day 24 !