Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 03-30-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Congrats on 18 days Casey!
Old 03-30-2016, 09:27 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Beautiful post Casey, Day 2 for me here and reading your post has just reinstated why I'm here! Thank you for helping me not drink today
Old 03-30-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats on day 2, Joe1987. Glad you checked in! Hang close today. We're here for you. And thank you for helping me not drink today as well.
Old 03-30-2016, 09:47 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  

I'm off to a meeting in an hour which should also help, one day at a time but I'm feeling stronger then yesterday!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:00 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Let us know how it goes, Joe. I'm not currently using AA as part of my recovery plan but have the utmost respect for the program and think it's an awesome tool. I always like to hear about others experiences in meetings.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:04 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 2, Joe1987
Old 03-30-2016, 10:09 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Hi everyone! It's been a few days since I've posted on this thread. I've missed you all! I will have to take some time this morning playing catch-up on the posts. I'm on Day #23... unless you don't count Day #1 until you've gone through the 24 hour period after your last drink... I was never too sure on that one.

Feeling pretty good for the most part. Although I seem to have a short fuse this week. I'm not sure if that is because we're short-handed at work and I'm really feeling it, or just because I'm approaching the 1 month milestone. It always seemed to me that every time I was close to reaching a 30 day milestone, the AV would start in again with it's smooth talking lies. That's when the anxiety, agitation, and depression seem to be the worst. I've learned to stay close to SR during those times. It's a huge help to me to see how everyone else is coming along, whether it's Day 1 or Day 1000!!

I hope everyone has a safe and sober Wednesday. Congrats to everyone making it through another sober day, and big hugs to all struggling. We can do this... together.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:10 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Congrats Casey on 18 consecutive days!! That's awesome!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:15 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Milestones can definitely be triggers for me, Surrender. I should probably stop counting days but I just can't do it for whatever reason. It's the obsessive compulsive in me, I think. I've even already looked ahead at the calendar to see when day 146 is--that'll be one more day than I reached last year when we were in the Class of May 15 together. (Go Mayflowers!) I'm sure that's not the healthiest thing I could be doing for my sobriety today.

Glad you checked in. We're here if you need to vent instead of letting that fuse go off in person.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:31 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Re-Member

And August 5 will be day 146, by the way. That actually doesn't seem that far away. One day at a time, I can do it!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:40 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
And August 5 will be day 146, by the way. That actually doesn't seem that far away. One day at a time, I can do it!
That's my wedding day, or at least it was 16 years ago.
Old 03-30-2016, 10:43 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
That's my wedding day, or at least it was 16 years ago.
It'll be an extra-memorable sober day for both of us then!
Old 03-30-2016, 10:45 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Surrender2win View Post
It always seemed to me that every time I was close to reaching a 30 day milestone, the AV would start in again with it's smooth talking lies. :
I'm exactly the same Surrender. I made 5 months last year but for some reason I can't get past 3 week now. January, February and March have all been failures before 30 days!
Old 03-30-2016, 11:25 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bobbieka View Post
Kiki, thanks for the link. I answered the way I was drinking last October. End stage, obviously. Thankfully, and because of this group, I seem to be past that. I'm not even sure if I would have answered those questions honestly if I were still drinking. I was lying to myself as much as everyone else.
I totally relate Bobbie! We ALL lie to ourselves. It's part of the disease but we don't have to do that anymore. How are you today? My AV has been whispering but each time it does I eat something! Take THAT AV! Lol
Old 03-30-2016, 11:29 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

I'm checking in day 3 for me and feeling good but super hungry this time. Whatever it takes, right?
Casey, I do NOT skim over your daily reminder that we don't have to take that first drink. In fact, it's very helpful to me.
I have no desire to drink plus my car is still in the shop. Today my stepmom is taking me to the store for a few things i need so I know I won't even be tempted. Actually, I am super busy all the way through this weekend and and I registered for a 5k on April 9th I need to get ready for. So, trying not to be overly confident but
I'm thinking these first two weeks might just be relatively easy. But then , after the 5k, it's gonna be rough I'm sure. One day at a time.
Feels good to be sober and clear and feeling normal again. I hate alcohol, I really do! Now I just want to feel like this forever !!
Old 03-30-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

I'm doing really well. I don't know why. It's weird. All of the times that I've quit in the past, I could barely make it past a week. My husband had threatened to leave, my kids were mad at me, etc. etc. This time - it's different and I'm not questioning it. I just wish I could share it with everyone struggling. This class has helped tremendously. When I make it through tomorrow, I will have made it the entire month of March. Doesn't seem possible. My husband told me he was proud of me last night. Out of the blue - just like that. Things really are healing. Me, relationships. I really owe it to all of you guys.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Right there with you, Bobbieka. Something has clicked for me this time. I just have this inner peace, this feeling that I know I'm on the right path and there's no reason things can't stay the same or even get better if I keep doing what I'm doing.

Of course I had the same feeling last year and did stop doing what was working and that didn't end well at all. Have to remember that too. The fellowship here was the difference for me last year and it is again now. I need to always keep that in mind.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:38 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by azure808 View Post
Wow that is all to real and very scary Kiki-I am definitely 1 and have many of stage 2 .
I know! It's so scary! I remember this woman from AA died a few years ago. We took her to the hospital because she had been drinking for weeks! When she walked in she had a .52 BAC! .3 is considered fatal! Anyway, she died a few months later of massive organ failure from drinking. She was in her late 40's. :-(
Old 03-30-2016, 11:44 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Yeah, Casey. Inner peace. I do, however, not take any of it for granted. I realize that I will need to be working on sobriety the rest of my life, but it sure beats working on being drunk.
Old 03-30-2016, 11:48 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by simplyfab View Post
Hello. 20 days today. I'm all over the place mentally, but on the upside, hopeful and optimism are in there as well. I've been here on SR before and it's been a couple of years since I've posted, but I found my way back, and it feels great. Grateful for another sober day.
20 days is awesome! How do you feel compared to 1 week? (I have 1 week) Are the cravings subsiding?