Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part 5

Old 03-29-2016, 10:40 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Good night all. Hope our Australian members are having a good day so far.

Thanks to each and every one of you for keeping me sober one more day!
Old 03-29-2016, 10:53 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

I think someone came into my room during the night and glued my eyelids shut.

Day 15.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:40 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Renew12 View Post
Yes. Helping others, takes us out of ourselves. Strengthening others & ourselves. Recovery is serious business!....

Still, I need to remember rule #62.
What's rule #62??
Hope you had a nice walk.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:41 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Congrats on 30 days Apple! Keep up the great work! I hope everyone is having a great day. Not much time now but still sober. :-)
Happy to hear that! Hope today is just as good!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:42 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jemma44 View Post
Hi everyone, checking in. I have around a month of sobriety and have been getting headaches pretty much daily, every afternoon/evening. Is this common in early sobriety? How long does it last? I don't remember this happening during my other attempts of sobriety. Maybe I forgot though.

Thanks and have a happy sober day!
One month is great! I don't have headaches, but I wasn't the heaviest drinker so I'm not the best person to ask. Wish you a wonderful day!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:43 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 1stepup View Post
Hi all, some great posts since I last checked in, went to an AA meeting tonight and it was really good, only a few of us there so got to share and read out of big book- which is good practice for me as I get extreme nerves reading out aloud to large numbers.

Thoughts and prayers are with Keets tonight- hope all has gone well friend.
Well done reading out aloud, one more thing you have mastered. This big book everyone's talking about, is that something AA has created?
Old 03-29-2016, 11:46 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Hello everyone. I’m home alone with the dogs, the girls went to dinner at my mother’s house. A night alone is an invitation to drink for me. BUT, I’m smart in that I planned for them to go tonight while my car is getting fixed, so I have no choice. So I’m sitting here trying to do “me” stuff: my kind of dinner, SR, and reading/watching other recovery things. I know this is the path for me, despite my constant veering off.
Great choice of activities! I think it is super important to find room for ourselves and the things we like to do. An evening alone with the dogs sounds like heaven, I wish I had a dog... They're wonderful companions.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:47 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Olivia2011 View Post
I'm doing great Casey. Thanks for asking!
Good to see you. Hope you come back and tell us what you're up to.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:49 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rah555 View Post
Checking in day 4! Not feeling so well today. I think I may be coming down with something. Things feel weird for me right now. Work is taking over my life. I feel so conflicted. I'm having to travel a lot and am feeling the effects. Traveling is hard on me..its demanding I get tired. I am traveling nearly every week through March. My husband's reaction doesn't help. I'm feeling like my kid is lacking. Basically my life is focused on work and catching up on my rest. Add in a few drinking episodes and working through hangovers. Seems like there should be more to life.
There IS more to life! You're in your first week of sobriety and your body and mind are trying to get used to a life without alcohol. No wonder you don't feel well. But when you get it out of your system you'll see all the wonderful things life has to offer, and you'll be so grateful that you chose life!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:50 PM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CaseyW View Post
Short night at work. We were slow and over-staffed so I was glad to get out of there. Off until Friday now! Woo hoo!
Enjoy your days off, Casey. Hope to see you a lot in here. Ha en fin dag!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post

Heading to bed soon. This weekend's drinking has left me exhausted, taking longer for my body to heal. I think my body is sick of the back and forth as much as the rest of me.
Hope you feel better today.
Old 03-29-2016, 11:51 PM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by GoingNowhere View Post
I've passed my one week mark and looking forward to what each day brings, even if it's totally material.
Congratulations on one week!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Kwhite View Post
Hello - I had a really bad day and took a few Percocet. Please don't be upset with me. I just couldn't take it and I gave in to ebverything. I don't want to start over with the withdraws. I was doing so well and I just feel terrible.
Don't feel terrible. The most important thing now is to look ahead, and learn from the past. Today is a new day!
Old 03-29-2016, 11:54 PM
  # 294 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Ahhhhhhhh I'm laying in bed and it feels like I'm laying on a cloud. My legs and back are killing me.
Hope you feel better today, PR.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:02 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Looking forward to hearing from ChickChick and Ladybug2 today.
Old 03-30-2016, 12:11 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

And Dee! Always happy to see you. Can you ever forgive me for thinking you were a woman?
Old 03-30-2016, 12:29 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Administrator

You and a long list of others Fabela
I'm not worried at all

D
Old 03-30-2016, 01:10 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Morning - well I did it again how can I drag myself back out of this pit?? had a row with hubby too .. I really hate myself some times and here I am today ... I can and I WILL do this... back to day 1 for me...... hate myself right now
Old 03-30-2016, 01:27 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janeeb View Post
Morning - well I did it again how can I drag myself back out of this pit?? had a row with hubby too .. I really hate myself some times and here I am today ... I can and I WILL do this... back to day 1 for me...... hate myself right now
Every time we slip, we learn something new. What did you learn this time? Are you willing to do something about it? I'm glad you checked in today, it means that you haven't given up. Back on the wagon!
Old 03-30-2016, 01:52 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fabela View Post
Every time we slip, we learn something new. What did you learn this time? Are you willing to do something about it? I'm glad you checked in today, it means that you haven't given up. Back on the wagon!
What did I learn, good question! don't listen to that voice that says 'you've had a bad day, you deserve it'!!! I need to learn to deal with everything without turning to this..... not sure how I'll do it, but I'm not giving up, I'm back on it today.