Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-06-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 301 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Morning! Just checking in. It's been a crazy few days! I got my medical test results back & everything looks fine, praise God! Even more of a reason to stay sober & not put poison in my body anymore!

Have a great day. :-)
Great news KiKi.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:44 AM
  # 302 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone, whatever I was going through the yesterday isn't in full force today (well we'll see I am still in bed) but am feeling a little better so far. I cannot believe it is day 7 for me now hopefully things will be looking up now. I do,have a full week off from baby sitting so looking foreward to alone time when my kiddos go to school. Maybe it's about time to,start excersizing again. I have to,see what my body tells me
Old 03-06-2016, 07:46 AM
  # 303 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Keets View Post
Good morning everyone, whatever I was going through the yesterday isn't in full force today (well we'll see I am still in bed) but am feeling a little better so far. I cannot believe it is day 7 for me now hopefully things will be looking up now. I do,have a full week off from baby sitting so looking foreward to alone time when my kiddos go to school. Maybe it's about time to,start excersizing again. I have to,see what my body tells me
Congrats on day 7!!
Old 03-06-2016, 07:48 AM
  # 304 (permalink)  

Today I made a big decision to not commit to a bunch of projects in order to focus in on myself, felt like I was being spread a little thin!! Still keeping on the good fight.
Old 03-06-2016, 07:54 AM
  # 305 (permalink)  

Congrats keets!

Nice move Charles. You are a wise man to reduce stress and frustration.
Old 03-06-2016, 08:00 AM
  # 306 (permalink)  

Tip of the day

"play it forward"

BTW...I'm sorry if some of this stuff was thrown out before. I am active here, my group (April2015...ya'll are welcome to say hi), and a tobacco site. I honestly don't read back.

Anyway...Play it forward.

It battles cravings. You basically think through what would happen if you did drink. You really imagine the process. It helps retrain your brain to think a different way instead of thinking alcohol is the solution.

You play the tape forward. How would you feel about breaking a promise to quit? What are all the bad things that could happen that day/night? How would you feel the next day? Etc.

Doing that helps with immediate cravings AND will nip future cravings at the bud. Play it forward many times in your mind. The more you can visualize it and the more you can "feel" the negative consequences, the better.

It's all about training your brain.

QUIT ON!!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 307 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CharlesG View Post
Congrats on day 7!!

Still pushing through
Old 03-06-2016, 08:03 AM
  # 308 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Incontrol15 View Post
Tip of the day

"play it forward"

BTW...I'm sorry if some of this stuff was thrown out before. I am active here, my group (April2015...ya'll are welcome to say hi), and a tobacco site. I honestly don't read back.

Anyway...Play it forward.

It battles cravings. You basically think through what would happen if you did drink. You really imagine the process. It helps retrain your brain to think a different way instead of thinking alcohol is the solution.

You play the tape forward. How would you feel about breaking a promise to quit? What are all the bad things that could happen that day/night? How would you feel the next day? Etc.

Doing that helps with immediate cravings AND will nip future cravings at the bud. Play it forward many times in your mind. The more you can visualize it and the more you can "feel" the negative consequences, the better.

It's all about training your brain.

QUIT ON!!
That's such good advice. I for one will be taking the advice!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:24 AM
  # 309 (permalink)  

Day 7! Went for a long walk, having a smoothie. Happy Sunday!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:33 AM
  # 310 (permalink)  

Congrats on day 7 Missy7. Week 7 is not far off. Then month 7!!!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:48 AM
  # 311 (permalink)  

Good morning! Great job on 7 days Keets! Great job for those on days 2 or 3 as well. Keep pushing through and it will get better. I agree that playing it forward and remembering the bad times is a great tool! I am relaxing with coffee as well. Allowing myself to be lazy and resisting guilt about it! Even though my daughter is making a huge art and play dough mess in the kitchen!!! Happy Sunday and stay strong everyone. Post if you are upset or having cravings before you act on it!!!

Lilly
Old 03-06-2016, 09:19 AM
  # 312 (permalink)  
nmd

Congrats on 7 days keets!
Old 03-06-2016, 09:32 AM
  # 313 (permalink)  

Day 1 again. My mom died 3 weeks ago and I just couldn't hold on. My good friend alcohol was more than willing to comfort me and as usual she's making things worse than better.
Old 03-06-2016, 09:50 AM
  # 314 (permalink)  

So sorry about your mom PeacefulRain. I've stumbled over much smaller reasons than that!
Old 03-06-2016, 10:02 AM
  # 315 (permalink)  

Really sorry to hear about your mom Peaceful Rain.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:31 AM
  # 316 (permalink)  

That's a great loss for you, Peaceful Rain: my sincere sympathy; take care of yourself in your mourning.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:42 AM
  # 317 (permalink)  

So very sorry to hear about your dreadful loss peaceful rain ((hug))
Old 03-06-2016, 01:34 PM
  # 318 (permalink)  

Back on day 1 again. Drank before work last night and had a little while I was there too. Praying no one noticed. They dont put video surveillance in bath room stalls do they? What the f was i thinking? I haven't been this anxious in months.

I stopped from nov-jan. Began with a couple glasses of wine/week ending up in this familiar hell. Day one.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:13 PM
  # 319 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, hoping to join the class if that's ok? Been on here a while and achieved 7months until end of January and fears of a break up in the relationship I was in led to me making the insane decision to drink again.... cue 5 days of mad black-out drinking followed by a 5day withdrawal period tapering down. Managed 2weeks sober after that before said fears about relationship became reality and I got dumped.

Drank on and off since then but its just numbed the pain but in an unhealthy way, today is day 1 and Im very raw and depressed but Im going to try again to stay sober.

So sorry for your loss Peaceful rain.
Old 03-06-2016, 02:24 PM
  # 320 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone. It's been rough but I am 1000% certain that alcohol is only making it worse. I can't deal with that and this madness too.