Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-06-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcoem 1step, BBF and PeacefulRain - PR I'm so sorry for your loss.

Congrats to Keets, Beerbgone, Missy, Mera, and anyone else hitting a milestone today, no matter what it is

Old 03-06-2016, 03:20 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

I'm giving this one more shot - this has to be the last class I join. I was doing well in Feb and then caved, again. Day 1 and I have been worried and anxious all day about what damage I've possibly done to my liver/body. I have 2 little girls I want to be around for so this insane roller coaster ride has to come to an end.

So sorry to hear about your Mom, PR. Glad you are back
Old 03-06-2016, 03:46 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome ladybug

I think the key is to do something different this time.

Have you any ideas on what you could add to what you've been doing?

D
Old 03-06-2016, 04:01 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ManInTheArena View Post
Hope you made it through, okay. Sometimes, just coming to SR and reading some posts and putting up your own is enough to keep things on track.

Have a great day everyone.

MITA
Thanks for your encouragement MITA. Still here yes and a full week sober now on day 8. I go from really wanting to pop down to the liquor store to completely happy to go the rest of my life without a drop back and forth so quickly! Hope you are also on track

Kiki, beerbgone, nmd, Charles, Keets... congrats all for your continued sobriety.

Very sorry peaceful rain, what a difficult time for you.

Bottle seems unappealing at present... hope it lasts!
Old 03-06-2016, 04:04 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
I have been worried and anxious all day about what damage I've possibly done to my liver/body. I have 2 little girls I want to be around for so this insane roller coaster ride has to come to an end.
Amazingly I've never been concerned about liver damage, it's breast cancer that scares the hell out of me. Of course that never stopped me from guzzling wine
Old 03-06-2016, 05:25 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Day 1 again. My mom died 3 weeks ago and I just couldn't hold on. My good friend alcohol was more than willing to comfort me and as usual she's making things worse than better.
PeacefulRain I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're here. Be kind to yourself, thats an unbelievable amount of heartache to handle. Huge virtual hugs.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Keets, Missy (anyone else I missed) - day 7 here too. This is where I faltered a week ago.

I won't tonight!
Old 03-06-2016, 05:36 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
Keets, Missy (anyone else I missed) - day 7 here too. This is where I faltered a week ago.

I won't tonight!
Let's be strong together.
We rented a redbox movie and ar doing family movie night. Let's see if I stay awake for it.
Old 03-06-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Applekat View Post
PeacefulRain I'm so very sorry for your loss. I'm glad you're here. Be kind to yourself, thats an unbelievable amount of heartache to handle. Huge virtual hugs.
Thanks Applekat!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:11 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Well day 1 is down in the books. Praying for a good nights sleep tonight. Good night all!
Old 03-06-2016, 08:36 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by PeacefulRain View Post
Amazingly I've never been concerned about liver damage, it's breast cancer that scares the hell out of me. Of course that never stopped me from guzzling wine
I'm concerned about all of it. There is breast cancer history (my mother, now cured), strong cardiac history on both sides of my family (lots of heart attack deaths), and the most shameful part of all, I have had an organ transplant in the past that is fortunately still going strong through some kind of luck. Lucky it wasn't my liver. But I must be putting my transplant at risk every time I drink.

So ashamed. As stated in my introduction thread, I am not an everyday drinker and I don't have blackouts and so on. But I don't think that makes my drinking problem any less dangerous. Well not much less anyway.

I really haven't come to grips with the shame yet. Haven't even told my loving, supportive partner that I have joined this forum. He would be glad for it and very supportive but I don't want to admit out loud that I have a problem. Even though he knows, of course. He watches me do it, after all. But saying it out loud carries so much shame for me.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  

Dropping in from Feb to say 'hi' to March.
Old 03-06-2016, 10:57 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  

Hi everyone, welcome to 1stepup and ladybug. Great stuff Peacefulrain for getting through that first, tough day.
It is sunny here this morning, which is nice. I am a little concerned about today though. I slept horribly. Really, really badly. I don't know why. The only thing I can think of is that I was feeling a bit sluggish yesterday afternoon and took some magnesium late in the afternoon. In any case, I don't feel great. Plus I have the entire day with nothing planned. I have no English lessons, I just checked my work email and I have next to nothing to do there. The kids have no activities tonight, I could send the nanny to get them after school if I wanted. I could just lock myself in my house with a couple of bottles of wine if I wanted. As I have done in the past. Right now I know that is a bad idea and I don't feel tempted to do that at all. But I know from experience how quickly it just jumps up on me and before I know it I've gone out to buy wine and am drinking it. I want to make sure that doesn't happen today.
First things first, kids to school and then to the gym. See everyone later.
Old 03-06-2016, 11:27 PM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Day 4. Still feeling physically and mentally rotten after drinking heavily on Friday. I know it will get better but I think my disappointment is prolonging things. I HATE alcohol!

Best wishes everyone.
Old 03-07-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
nmd

Welcome bblackbirdfly, ladybug and 1stepup!

Congrats on a week sober humbug and Missy!

Peacefulrain, I'm very sorry about your mother. I'm still bless with my parents and I can't imagine.

Yesterday was warm enough to get the bikes out, so I took them down and pumped up the tires and went for the first bike ride of the year with my kids. For the most part, it amazes me how big they are getting. I don't have to worry as much about them getting ahead or falling behind between stops, everyone stops and waits for each other at crossings. There's still some country roads I won't let them cross. The bike path near us crosses one in particular with no stop sign and poor visibility that makes me nervous.

Feels great to get through the weekend sober, and going on day 7 today! Busy work week ahead, but that's a good thing I guess.
Old 03-07-2016, 03:04 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  
nmd

Going to the gym sounds like a great idea Mera! Stay strong! free time without the kids or work can be tough, but it can also be an opportunity for us to work on ourselves or just have fun. Those moments are few are far between.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:18 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Waking up on day 8. Feels to good to have a week under my belt but I've been here so many times. I can do stretches of time but haven't gone past 60 days continuously besides pregnancy. Every sober day is a blessing though as I just read a February classmate write.

Ladybug, 1ststep, bblackbird....while it's great to see you again I obviously wish none of us had to keep changing classes. But we are here and that counts for something. I'm posting in both Feb and March.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:43 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

After not drinking for 4 weeks, then getting back on it hard for 24 hours, then stopping straight after, it's become painfully clear how alcohol affects my life. It's odd but it hasn't really come into such sharp focus before, because when I've relapsed in the past it's taken a long time for me to stop again.

The last three days since drinking again have been immeasurably worse than any bad sober day I've had over the last 4 weeks. I've been nervous, anxious, unhappy, irritatable, comfort eating junk food, inactive, snappy, feeling hopeless. All in just 3 days whilst recovering from a binge. I wasted a load of money on Friday because I missed my train by about half an hour because I couldn't pull myself away from the bar so had to buy another ticket. I vaguely recall being stopped by two police officers who were debating whether to take me in for simply bring too drunk. Such stupid/bad things just don't happen sober. I'm beginning to feel 'normal' again, but it's only the last 4 weeks that have taught me what normal really is. Before I just took it to be the interlude between drinking episodes, and normal meant being all those awful things I've described above e.g. sick, unhappy, depressed.

Now I know that normal can be great.

Sorry to ramble but when I've relapsed in the past I haven't come back to sobriety for a very long time, but this time WILL be different.
Old 03-07-2016, 04:48 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Another February classmate now posting in March. We're in this together. The only thing that really matters is that we're still here.
Old 03-07-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Day 4 I think! Extreme brain fog this morning. I don't know if I'm coming or going.