Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-08-2016, 01:39 PM
  # 381 (permalink)  

Welcome Siesta and GoingNowhere! Blackouts are the worst part of it all for me Siesta- hate not knowing what I've done or said etc, hope things turn out ok with your hubby.

Well coming to the end of day 3 here, not feeling 100% back to normal health yet but getting there. Spoke to a mate who's in AA today and it perked me up a bit, didn't sleep at all last night so felt too tired for a meeting, planning on going Thursday now though- although I'm a bit nervous about that as the last time I went to it a couple of weeks ago I'd had a drink and shared and I only have a vague recollection of what I said! Why is it we want to talk so much when we're drunk!

Hope everyone had a good day.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:47 PM
  # 382 (permalink)  

day 2 thank god xx
Old 03-08-2016, 04:09 PM
  # 383 (permalink)  
Administrator

1stepup, getting through Day 3 is great and you should start to feel better physically very soon.

GoingNowhere, good to know you're back and working at it.

Siesta, blackouts are so very scary and dangerous. I'm glad you're back.
Old 03-08-2016, 05:04 PM
  # 384 (permalink)  

I have made such a mess out of my life. I have hurt so many people. I have gotten in trouble with the law and am so scared. My marriage is falling apart. I just sit and cry because I cannot drive. No one else has to beg for a ride to an AA meeting. I just need to vent. I feel hopeless. I hope everyone had a better day than me. I know I cannot drink since that caused my life to fall apart. My advise is to stop and stay stopped before a cascade of awful events hit. I never thought this would be my life and it is.

Lilly
Old 03-08-2016, 05:24 PM
  # 385 (permalink)  

(((Lilly ))) sorry you are going through a bad time right now. But, you are absolutely right - things will continue to get worse if we keep drinking. Up until this past weekend I think I still underestimated how dangerous this disease is. It really does want to take everything away from us, including our lives. Stay strong and sober and things can only get better. Do you have any numbers from people in AA who could maybe give you a ride? I know there are people in the AA meeting I have gone to who cannot drive and get rides from other members. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you
Old 03-08-2016, 05:30 PM
  # 386 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ladybug2 View Post
(((Lilly ))) sorry you are going through a bad time right now. But, you are absolutely right - things will continue to get worse if we keep drinking. Up until this past weekend I think I still underestimated how dangerous this disease is. It really does want to take everything away from us, including our lives. Stay strong and sober and things can only get better. Do you have any numbers from people in AA who could maybe give you a ride? I know there are people in the AA meeting I have gone to who cannot drive and get rides from other members. Hope tomorrow is a better day for you
Thank you Ladybug. People have been kind about rides. I just feel bad constantly asking. Have a good evening. I will hopefully be in less of a funk I the days to come.

Lilly
Old 03-08-2016, 05:39 PM
  # 387 (permalink)  

I've been in a funk too these last 3 days. I just want to get as far away as I can from my last drink.

Hope everyone is doing well tonight. Ready for bed already.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 388 (permalink)  

Hello March group. I can't let my pride keep me from joining another month when it just might be what I need this time around. I keep getting 2-3 weeks sober and then drink for a few days and then back at it. Right around 2 weeks I get complacent and even a little cocky, like all of sudden I've got this - when obviously I don't. Its' also not helpful that I've been rationalizing my drinking because I don't drink nearly as much as I did 4-5 years ago when I could barely go a few days without drinking. Big deal. Drinking is drinking and when I can't drink "normally" or safely anymore, it's time to stop rationalizing.

I was at 13 days last Friday and decided to pace myself with a bottle of wine. Had two glasses Friday night. But once it gets in my system, all bets are off. I finished the bottle by late afternoon on Saturday and then switched to beer Saturday night and Sunday (all day). I function, I get my responsibilities done, and I just hide it in my room from my family anyone I talk to *or so I think.
I read so many recovery books and blogs, I write in my journal constantly, and post here on SR (but not enough I know), but all of that means nothing if I don't get real about this and stop letting my addiction win. It takes action.
I just needed to get all of this off my chest. I'm sorry if I am rambling. I am ending day two and I feel great- my body is so used to this back and forth that I can feel awful and terrible within one day.
I'm sick of the back and forth and ready to do what it takes. I need to get honest with myself about what has been stopping me and make some changes. I know I fall short when it comes to reaching out. AA is not for me, but I know there are other options as well as being more active here on SR.

So many familiar faces, let's do this finally. Let's make this our month, our beginning.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:25 PM
  # 389 (permalink)  
Administrator

Forabetterlife, I'm glad you're back and that you know you need to make changes for your recovery to work. SR is a great place to find support and inspiration.

LostLily, I am sorry for your pain and I do remember how absolutely hopeless things can seem. I caused pain to the people I love, too, but have faith that you can move beyond this. You can be the person you want to be.
Old 03-08-2016, 06:50 PM
  # 390 (permalink)  
Administrator

Been away for a couple of days - congrats to all those hitting milestones
welcome siesta and goingnowhere, FABL and turfwars

to all those struggling - I remember being terrified too - I didn;t want to have my life change but I knew my current way of life would kill me.

I had no idea of what me, or my life, might look like sober and it scared me to death.

Turns out it was the best thing I ever did. I could not have imagined this life for myself - it's THAT good

It takes a little to get here tho and the initial road is kinda bumpy - but you're not alone guys - you have support and you can do this

D
Old 03-08-2016, 07:54 PM
  # 391 (permalink)  

Day 8 going strong attended a we omens aa meeting tonight for,the first time ever. That was a little weird since I'm not a very social person but it was helpful.
Old 03-08-2016, 08:18 PM
  # 392 (permalink)  

I actually had a really great day. I got my stones for my sobriety jar, picked up a journal (I wanted something that you can't just pick up and read so I almost ended up with an Elsa from Frozen journal ) and made it through 3 stores without the thought of picking up wine.

Today God answered a question I have had for 20+ years and with that came a sense of peace like I have never known. I still don't understand why I had to go through some of the things I did as a child but in the end it all ended up like it should have. The saying God works in mysterious ways has true meaning to me now.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:00 AM
  # 393 (permalink)  

Good morning class! After a few hours of sleep I think I'm going to try to tackle some work. I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 394 (permalink)  
nmd

That's awesome peacefulrain!

Went shopping for my kids upcoming birthday yesterday, went to work, ate dinner, lol. Not a bad day considering, it just flew by. Sober days are flying by as well, which has a lot to do with not having regrets or reservations this time around.

The spring weather is helping with my mood too, ***** willows are open and it hit the 60s yesterday. I'm hoping to get a lot of bicycle riding in this year. It's definately my favorite time of year.
Old 03-09-2016, 03:26 AM
  # 395 (permalink)  
nmd

Haha, sr censored pussywillow. That's a first.
Old 03-09-2016, 04:04 AM
  # 396 (permalink)  

Forabetterlife, I understand where you are coming from. I do pretty much the same kind of thing. Sometimes I make it for 3or 4 months, but usually it is just a week or 2. Then I get kind of complacent. But when I start it gets very bad very fast - like I have to make up for lost time. I manage to function, but really just barely.

I think part of what makes easy for me to go back to drinking is that I have never been totally honest with myself or those close to me about how bad my drinking problem really is. I'm trying to be more open this time around and also trying to build a little bigger support network.

Good luck and keep posting here!!

MITA
Old 03-09-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 397 (permalink)  

Im on day one, so I think I will post in here every day (if this horrible day ever ends that is). I keep saying to myself "How? How did you end up here again..starting at day one AGAIN"
Well I know the answer is because, I started drinking again after the last time I stopped.
I NEVER want to be back here again on day 1..it's horrible, all day 1's are horrible.
Plus, on Monday in the middle of my binge, I walked out of "work programme activity" (Im on the dole and I have to work to get my £70 a week dole money, even though I thought that was why I had paid taxes all those years?)
They haven't found out that I walked out yet...but they will when they check the time sheets...and then I will get no money at all for 4 weeks...a bit worrying
Old 03-09-2016, 05:24 AM
  # 398 (permalink)  

Hello nmd, peaceful rain and going, it's sure
Helps to have good days sometimes, doesn't it?

Thanks ManintheArena. My drinking kicks in pretty quickly too. This time it was only two days thank goodness.

I think another reason I go back to drinking is that I get these fantasies that everything will be great all the time when I'm sober. So when things do r go my way or I have a few bad days for whatever reason, I begin to question why I'm going through all this effort. But it's silly really because no matter how bad it is, nothing is as bad as if I was drinking on top of it all.

Looking forward to a good, busy sober day. Hope you all do the same
Old 03-09-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 399 (permalink)  

Good morning all!

Starting Day 4 and feeling better - less moody and anxious. I have so much that needs to get done, but I guess I will just have to prioritize and do what I can.

Great to see you back FABL! Unfortunately, we have been through, and failed, many classes together. This has to be our last one. Let's post here before we cave. I'm not getting back on that roller coaster.

Hope everyone has a great and sober day. Going to feel summer here today yay
Old 03-09-2016, 06:11 AM
  # 400 (permalink)  

I would like to join this class please. I drank three glasses of wine last night after 15 days sober. They didn't make me feel any better. I know my life is better when I take drinking out of the equation, and I know that having a support system in place is a vital part of me staying away from that first drink.

On vacation this week. I will try and catch up with the rest of this class today. Thanks.