Notices

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part One

Old 03-10-2016, 05:51 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Purplrks3647 View Post
Someone on here said a while back: "Today sucks, tomorrow will suck, but tomorrow will suck more if you drink today" - Thanks again to whoever posted that! It's been a daily reminder for me..... Hope everyone is doing okay!
That was me! That was a little while back. Kiko's day 1.

Often times that's all we have is the promise of a better tomorrow. I hung onto that plenty of times.

It's very true. The longer I held onto that thought, The more I saw it to be true. It just keeps getting better.

Honestly, even approaching 11mo's I still use it. Well kinda. I just know w/o a doubt that tomorrow will suck if I drink today. It takes away feeling bad for not being able to drink instantly.

When I watch others drink, I know their tomorrow is going to suck, while mine can be as great as I allow it to be.
Old 03-10-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Hey everyone. The classroom was a little quiet when I posted (every teachers dream, right?), so I decided not to give up but to post a new thread. Between the responses there and here, I'm feeling better. Some of the suggestions and things I did that helped were
Dee, suggesting I read my old posts, in turn it prompted me to post agin on my thread and start writing about where it would go if I drank, wow, that was an ugly road!
Dogonecarl suggested I read about my addictive voice, so true
Stratergy telling me to go back and read what I had just written, I have, like 10 times, it sounds so insane now
Grounghogday to keep posting, I have, it's helping
And just the unbridled support from everyone

If you're new, or struggling or whoever, reading and posting can really pull you off the ledge, but I think it's only because I gave up and followed through on the suggestions. There's still a lot of work on my part, but SR made it possible for me to get off that ledge and back to work.
Old 03-10-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Day 5 ending here. I got almost nothing done today because I downloaded a book last night and I got sucked in! I forgot how much I love to read. I remember reading Harry Potter books until I thought my eyes were going to bleed. Yeah I'm a total Potter nerd. I am heading back to Twisted Cedars, OR to find out who killed the librarians.......

I hope all is well with everyone!!!
Old 03-11-2016, 02:13 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post

The bottom line is you don;t have to do what your addiction wants you to do - and the more you frustrate it, the easier it will get.

A little short term pain for a long term gain is a pretty good deal

D
Dee, I like this a lot!
Old 03-11-2016, 02:20 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  

Day 3 here, glad everyone seems to be forging ahead (or inching ahead haha) makes no difference, it's all in the right direction..ahead.
I have had sneaky little thoughts and urges today. That's because I am feeling a bit brighter after coming off my last bender. Predictable, if nothing else is my AV.
I know it's just my body wanting alcohol because it "thinks" it needs it. Ive mucked all my systems up with alcohol, and it doesn't know it's arse from it's elbow right now, poor thing.
But I posted about one of my old drinking experiences last night, and I cannot see that in black and white and honesty say, in any shape or form, that I can handle any amount of alcohol whatsoever.
I like reading in this thread, seeing other people have the urges and resist them, spurrs me on.
Lets all keep it up
Old 03-11-2016, 02:32 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  

Morning all; I hope everyone is feeling good.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:23 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  

Good morning. Day 5 for me. I don't love counting days, but I know that seeing the about of sober time you have can be motivating.

GN- You did the right thing posting during your craving, and you got such wonderful support here and on your thread! It really can make all the difference and help you switch your mindset. I bet you will feel so proud of yourself when you wake up this morning!

Thinking about how I will feel the next day is HUGE for me too. I really have to look at the big picture sometimes and weight the costs and benefits: Since most of my drinking is alone, a drinking episode for me looks like this: finding an excuse to go to a store alone, sneaking it in my "big" bag and hiding it in my bedroom, sneaking a glass into my room to pour it in, trying to open cans and/or pour wine quietly so no one hears, sneaking in my room for "sips" frequently as I slowly get my basic responsibilities done and then decide to eat a bunch of junk and sit in front of the TV and waste the rest of the night. Then, a terrible night's sleep, wake up hating myself, in a confused daze, nauseous, low blood sugar, bloated, achy and....basically just wanted to drink again to make the feeling go away. So, when I want to drink for whatever the reason of the day is, I think of how NOT fun it really is actually drinking (for me anyway) and how its totally not even worth the consequences.

Working on planning out my weekend because they can be tough.

Ladybug, are you here? Thinking of you. We need each other

Happy Friday everyone....
Old 03-11-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Administrator

off to bed for me guys
have a good day
Time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-part-2-a.html