SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part One (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/385912-class-march-2016-support-thread-part-one.html)

Dee74 02-28-2016 09:24 PM

Class of March 2016 Support Thread Part One

Welcome everyone!

this is the support thread for everyone who wants to quit drugs, alcohol or any kind of addiction this month of MARCH 2016

The latest FEBRUARY thread is now here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post5822892

D

least 02-28-2016 11:51 PM

Thanks Dee! :)

Theresa1234 02-29-2016 12:47 AM

I am here for another attempt. I'm in to stop drinking as of 1st March. I really need to reset my brain to not want alcohol 5 nights a week. I want to know what it's like to be free of alcohol!

Mish 02-29-2016 12:50 AM

Thanks Dee xxx

Dee74 02-29-2016 01:33 AM

Welcome guys :)

D

Aiko 02-29-2016 02:05 AM

Hi all, am trying to stay awake and a mess...
I manage ok not drinking but I do not manage to control benzodiazepinas and marihuana mainly. I do not like much other drugs... but the level of preasure and AV drives me to get stoned any chance... and have been fighting for about 3 years... been to clinic 2 years ago and have not learned my lesson...

By the way I talk tones... sorry but am a nervous wreck!!!

I hope I can help you all to live awake :)

Aiko 02-29-2016 02:10 AM

I got to go work all day and is bank holiday... I hate working om my own... am taking a plant with me... plants are alive and make me feel happy :)

Aiko 02-29-2016 02:12 AM

By the way my mobile has not got the thanks buttom of the web.
So Thanks!!!
:)

Meraviglioso 02-29-2016 02:12 AM

But it's February 29th!?! In any case, I'm in! Not a newcomer by any means but am getting sober this month. Hello to friends old and new who are joining this thread.

Aiko 02-29-2016 06:09 AM

Dear Meraviglioso...
When are you intending to quit???

I personaly think of a date and stick to it....
Or when I am about to get in real troubles and things start to fall arround me I stop!!!

When are you going to stop???
XO

OldSkoolFool 02-29-2016 06:11 AM

Day 24! So nice to wake up clear headed.

Meraviglioso 02-29-2016 06:18 AM

Hi Aiko,

I quit as of yesterday, but I will hang on to today, the 29th as Day 1. First, because it is a special date, second because yesterday I didn't feel completely clean from the alcohol from the night before.
I am sorry you are suffering and also sorry you have to work on a bank holiday! I've followed your thread but didn't understand what work you do. What do you do?
Have a good one everyone.

Aiko 02-29-2016 06:42 AM

Hi I work accounts manager in a Norwegian Lawfirm.... Sucks!!!
Today is the day of Andalucia... so nobody but me st office... but gone down to eat at the park with the sun... priceless :)

Hope you stick to today is especial the 29th Feb :)
Mi advice... get a paper and write what you want your life to be!!!
2nd steps you can take to achieve it!!!
Put it somewere you can see each day
To remind you what you are fighting for....

Join anything that keeps you ocuppied!!!!asap!!!
Go for walks... any hobby???
Do not sit... get moving before AV takes control!

We all can make it if we want to but is easier to give in and feel sorrow for ourselves!!!

I nearly started yesterday... one day off and the head was go on take sonething... miracle did not!!!
So I join the thread not to be alone in the darkness :)

Oldskoolboy:

glad you are 24 and starting to see the fruits of your hard work...
Today is a beautifull day to smile :)

Got to get workingggg :(

jobei 02-29-2016 06:50 AM

Good morning and welcome everyone. I'm on my 7th day without a drink and I am fighting my addiction to alcohol day by day, hour by hour, minute to minute. At this point I have to. There's a lot of other big things piling up on me and if I am to face any of them I must be sober!

Anna 02-29-2016 07:03 AM

Thanks, Deer!

Welcome back, Theresa, and you can do this!
Hi Mish!
Aiko, I hope you feel better.
Hi Mera
Jobei good job on Day 7, yay! You will be able to manage the issues in your life as long as you stay sober. :)

Jade1224 02-29-2016 10:44 AM

Hi guys. Im jade. 28 from santa barbara. Today is day 5 for me :)

Anna 02-29-2016 11:06 AM

Hi Jade, great for you getting to Day 5.

Aiko 02-29-2016 11:19 AM

Keep going Jade :)

I am getting stressed out with overload work and dead lines tomorrow... I think am going home soon... and getback here tomorrow earlyyyyyyy :(
Am starting to blowwwwe Uffffff
And I got to get medication.... and is stressing I got to stik to small dose and do not buy benzo... God!!!!

Is like you have a bottle and they say just one sip at night...
Does my head in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GardenGal 02-29-2016 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Aiko (Post 5823091)
I got to go work all day and is bank holiday... I hate working om my own... am taking a plant with me... plants are alive and make me feel happy :)

As you can see from my heading, I also love plants. In fact, I actually hoard them, to the point of addiction. They keep me busy, and happy! [Unless I tend to them drunk… they don't like that]

Yo viví en España [Andalucía], hace muchos años.

Be strong, fellow botany fan! :)

Aiko 02-29-2016 01:00 PM

Garden GAL will try to load te picture of the new plant xo