Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 4

Old 01-29-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by StrongBird View Post
Day 11. Long day... I don't even want to list out all the things that are bringing me down now. My aunt is about to lose her battle with brain cancer, for one.

It's Friday night, I'm home alone, and I think my best bet is to just go to bed. This is the kind of day that wouldn't be easy for anyone.
I'm so so sorry about your Aunt Strongbird. That's a lot to deal with. I think an early night is probably the best bet, and hopefully you can stay sober through this. You'll only feel worse if you drink...
Sending love and thinking of you at this tough time X X
Old 01-29-2016, 04:35 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Originally Posted by StrongBird View Post
Day 11. Long day... I don't even want to list out all the things that are bringing me down now. My aunt is about to lose her battle with brain cancer, for one.

It's Friday night, I'm home alone, and I think my best bet is to just go to bed. This is the kind of day that wouldn't be easy for anyone.
Hugs and thoughts sent your way, 'Bird. Stay strong and be well.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:01 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  

Hi everyone - just saying hello on a Friday evening. Hope things are going well. I'm sorry about your aunt StrongBird - stay tough!

Not much to report here. Day 16 - quite foggy but keeping on. Take care.
Z
Old 01-29-2016, 06:40 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

Hey Zeebs, great job on 16 days!
Old 01-29-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

Day 10! Double digits. This is longest I've stayed sober in a year. Entering the weekend is a bit scary, but knowing I have work commitments on both days, makes me feel better. It will keep me from sitting on the couch and getting "bored" aka...needing a drink.

I am very much looking forward to Wednesday, and hitting 14 days. I think that will be the longest sober stretch in probably 15 years.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

Sending hugs ----,.... Grab em as needed.
By God, I need em every day !
Old 01-29-2016, 07:25 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by tnek97 View Post
Day 10! Double digits. This is longest I've stayed sober in a year. Entering the weekend is a bit scary, but knowing I have work commitments on both days, makes me feel better. It will keep me from sitting on the couch and getting "bored" aka...needing a drink. I am very much looking forward to Wednesday, and hitting 14 days. I think that will be the longest sober stretch in probably 15 years.
Double digits feels so good! Good for you!! I found this past week that I have been so busy I haven't even thought about drinking! And when I've gotten home I'm wayyy too tired and I go to sleep! Busy is good. And good for self confidence too.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:08 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  

Day 22 winding down and so am I! Two 30 minute walks with the dog today, something I am working into my daily routine.

Hugs right back at you JL!

Good night all, or for those of you insisting on starting the weekend early, stay safe and sober.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:14 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Odelle View Post
Day 22 winding down and so am I! Two 30 minute walks with the dog today, something I am working into my daily routine.

Hugs right back at you JL!

Good night all, or for those of you insisting on starting the weekend early, stay safe and sober.
I bet your dog is very happy!!! I need to incorporate more exercise too with my little pup .. The kids walk her but I think it's time I stepped up X
Goodnight Hun xx
Old 01-29-2016, 09:11 PM
  # 330 (permalink)  

Very tempted to drink last night but fortunately I wanted 11 days more than wine.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:22 PM
  # 331 (permalink)  

Its very hard to sit with the discomfort of not drinking when a drink would fix it. For five minutes at least. Sigh.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:45 PM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Slipped up today. :-(
Have stopped it now but slipped up all the same.
Day 1 tomorrow...last day of January. Hope you guys don't mind me staying in the January class. I will be one day sober heading into February.
I've slipped up a few times this month and you know what....I'm right onto it soon after I drink. In the past it would turn into a bender and months would go by but that doesn't seem to be happening now. I think the more I read my AA books the more my Higher Power is stepping in really questioning my motivations and my AV doesn't have a chance when my HP steps in. All I have to do now is get to the point where I don't cave into my AV at all. Please let tomorrow be my last Day 1 and I get to stay in this class with all of you wonderful people.
Old 01-29-2016, 11:52 PM
  # 333 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Way to go, TL.

And Mish, don't beat yourself up. Get your nose back onto the grindstone and work your plan.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Mish definitely stay in our class. I would be sad if you left.

I'm in another class as well as this one, maybe you could do the same thing?

Hope everyone is going ok with the weekend. I'm feeling flat and a bit down, but I'm not intending to drink over it.
Old 01-30-2016, 12:20 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  
mav
just keep swimming

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
Day 1 tomorrow...last day of January. Hope you guys don't mind me staying in the January class. I will be one day sober heading into February.
I've slipped up a few times this month and you know what....I'm right onto it soon after I drink. In the past it would turn into a bender and months would go by but that doesn't seem to be happening now. I think the more I read my AA books the more my Higher Power is stepping in really questioning my motivations and my AV doesn't have a chance when my HP steps in. All I have to do now is get to the point where I don't cave into my AV at all. Please let tomorrow be my last Day 1 and I get to stay in this class with all of you wonderful people.
Well, s--- happens! The fact it didn't turn into a bender (or blender as autocorrect is determined to put!) is great. Perhaps take some time to think about why it happened and use that to combat it next time?
Old 01-30-2016, 12:32 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mish View Post
What's done is done as someone kindly said to me recently.... Glad you got straight back on the wagon Hun...was a slip... Let's make it the last day 1 ever for you ... You can do it love xxx
Old 01-30-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lisatryingagain View Post
Mish definitely stay in our class. I would be sad if you left.

I'm in another class as well as this one, maybe you could do the same thing?

Hope everyone is going ok with the weekend. I'm feeling flat and a bit down, but I'm not intending to drink over it.
I second Lisa... I'd miss you terribly if you left.. You definitely belong with us January gang!! Xxx
Old 01-30-2016, 12:37 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Mish, I slipped up last night too. Went out for dinner with hubby and another couple and despite promising myself I would stick with lime and soda I drank two glasses of wine. The old me would have done the whole bottle plus been sneaking nips from a vodka bottle in my handbag and have continued drinking when I got home. So I'm not beating myself up about it. I need to work on my plan though because I know from past experience it's all too easy to slip back into the 'I can handle a couple now and again' trap and before I know it I'm back to drinking in secret every day. Sigh...
Old 01-30-2016, 12:54 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

Can't wait to graduate from Jan 16 into Feb.
Great work everyone
Old 01-30-2016, 12:56 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  

Nearly at the end of Day 7.
Stay with us, Mish and loopylou!
Best wishes to all, take care.