Notices

Class Of January 2016 Support Thread part 4

Old 01-29-2016, 04:10 AM
  # 281 (permalink)  

Nic- you sound so great. Enjoy your relaxing Friday night, I love movies as well. Have you seen The Martian? It's pretty good.
That must be so nice living across from the beach! We aren't too far (25 minute drive). Hope you can get out there with your dog today for some peace

Griffy- definitely sounds like divine intervention to me, what a beautiful blessing your friend was. Glad you had a great night.

Strongbird- I am feeling resentful as well. But you did it, you made it through the night with some healthy alternatives and your evening sounded so lovely! I like how you see the beauty in little things, like nice smelling hair products

JL- I hope you can find something too- are you bedsharing? I slept with earplugs for years as well. Do you use a sound machine? I wonder if that would help drown out some of the noise. I know they make these wrap around earphones (like a headband) as well. Good luck my friend!

Geez Gypsy, that does sound like a pretty grueling schedule. I hope it works out for you. Congrats on the 2 weeks!

M1A1- keep on moving forward. Glad you stopped at one drink. Hopefully next time you can beat that AV. Don't feel stupid, this is hard work that you're doing. It must be really stressful to have your Dad in the hospital.

Thump- your words are inspiring, as usual. You have so much self awareness and such a graceful way of helping others. Thank you for that.

GramParsons- Welcome. I have little ones as well so I know how important it is to make this change for them as well. Glad to have you here with us..
Old 01-29-2016, 04:20 AM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Hey everyone.
Really having a hard time with my mood this week. I knew that when I started taking Wellbutrin that irritability was one of the possible side effects. It's day 11 even DH told me he can tell a difference. I am short with the kids, can't stand any noises and am becoming annoyed with my 17 month old who constantly grabs at me or wants to nurse. I just want to be left alone and feel like I am suffocating.

I have read that this side effect can pass so I am giving it a full month. But damn, can I really survive a month of this crappy feeling?

I promise myself I will do a kundalini yoga workout this afternoon. There are specific exercises for releasing anger.

I just wish I could get in my car and drive away for a couple of days. I don't want to deal with all the noise the kids make, all the touching, nursing, pulling at my leg when I am cooking. I can't handle it right now.

Sorry to be a downer, I know I will get through this.
~P

Can't put a quote of the day up as Photobucket is down
Old 01-29-2016, 05:06 AM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Hey everyone.
Really having a hard time with my mood this week. I knew that when I started taking Wellbutrin that irritability was one of the possible side effects. It's day 11 even DH told me he can tell a difference. I am short with the kids, can't stand any noises and am becoming annoyed with my 17 month old who constantly grabs at me or wants to nurse. I just want to be left alone and feel like I am suffocating.

I have read that this side effect can pass so I am giving it a full month. But damn, can I really survive a month of this crappy feeling?

I promise myself I will do a kundalini yoga workout this afternoon. There are specific exercises for releasing anger.

I just wish I could get in my car and drive away for a couple of days. I don't want to deal with all the noise the kids make, all the touching, nursing, pulling at my leg when I am cooking. I can't handle it right now.

Sorry to be a downer, I know I will get through this.
~P

Can't put a quote of the day up as Photobucket is down
Aww Youve got so much to contend with- I find you truly amazing sunflower. I remember that feeling well of just wanting to get in a car and go somewhere, anywhere... Hell- I still feel like that now at times.
The only advice I can give you is try and look after yourself, love yourself and pat yourself on the back.... You really do rock :
Old 01-29-2016, 05:07 AM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Hello , thanks everyone for the support. I'm on day 6 , it's amazing that it's almost a week . I was drinking about every 3 or 4 days , now that im on day 6 it probably the longest it's been since beginning of 2015 . I am feeling a bit more energetic and wanting to do something useful today . I go power walking every evening and I found that I really enjoy it . Lost 8 pounds in 6 days , I feel great . Have a great day everyone
Old 01-29-2016, 05:09 AM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Sunflowerlife View Post
Nic- you sound so great. Enjoy your relaxing Friday night, I love movies as well. Have you seen The Martian? It's pretty good.
That must be so nice living across from the beach! We aren't too far (25 minute drive). Hope you can get out there with your dog today for some peace

Griffy- definitely sounds like divine intervention to me, what a beautiful blessing your friend was. Glad you had a great night.

Strongbird- I am feeling resentful as well. But you did it, you made it through the night with some healthy alternatives and your evening sounded so lovely! I like how you see the beauty in little things, like nice smelling hair products

JL- I hope you can find something too- are you bedsharing? I slept with earplugs for years as well. Do you use a sound machine? I wonder if that would help drown out some of the noise. I know they make these wrap around earphones (like a headband) as well. Good luck my friend!

Geez Gypsy, that does sound like a pretty grueling schedule. I hope it works out for you. Congrats on the 2 weeks!

M1A1- keep on moving forward. Glad you stopped at one drink. Hopefully next time you can beat that AV. Don't feel stupid, this is hard work that you're doing. It must be really stressful to have your Dad in the hospital.

Thump- your words are inspiring, as usual. You have so much self awareness and such a graceful way of helping others. Thank you for that.

GramParsons- Welcome. I have little ones as well so I know how important it is to make this change for them as well. Glad to have you here with us..
I haven't seen the Martian yet but will definitely watch it when it comes out on cable!!!
Old 01-29-2016, 05:23 AM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Dang I am a drama queen when I drink lol.

Good work everybody! I'm sobering up, drinking water/coffee. Watching Netflix. Heart is pounding but hey, what you gonna do?
Old 01-29-2016, 05:41 AM
  # 287 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by RogerKlotz View Post
Dang I am a drama queen when I drink lol.

Good work everybody! I'm sobering up, drinking water/coffee. Watching Netflix. Heart is pounding but hey, what you gonna do?
Roger hang in there.. Drink loads of water and rest up as much as possible. What's on Netflix? I just signed up recently
Old 01-29-2016, 05:46 AM
  # 288 (permalink)  

I hope everyone has a great sober day!

Kiki :-)
Old 01-29-2016, 05:58 AM
  # 289 (permalink)  

Sunflower please do not fear stopping a medication if the side effects are bad on you .
I personally take welbutrin but it came after a list of meds which either did nothing, or gave horrible side effects. My main depressor is alcohol, and I think I'm somewhat ADD, as the welbutrin eases that.
I'm hoping you get to feeling better soon. Feeling bad stinks !
Old 01-29-2016, 06:30 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

I treat myself with music and sweets. I'm an avid record collector, and I've been using records as a means of reward. Now that I'm not blowing all of my money on booze and going out, I have a ton of disposable income.

It gets easier each day.
Old 01-29-2016, 06:34 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

I like to start my day by reading this thread. You all are amazing inspiration! So many tales of triumph!

Day 5 here. I am looking forward to this weekend. Two of my kids will be home to visit. (Hubby and I are empty nesters.). They ground me, bring me happiness to the bone, and always reduce my stress level - which is still insanely high so a reduction will be a blessing.

Happy Friday!
Old 01-29-2016, 06:37 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Hi All!

Thank you for the reassuring posts about my dad.

It is an emotional roller coaster over here... One minute I'm up and then the next minute I'm way down. I guess it's only to be expected. But the only thing that really matters is that I'm still sober.

Day 34
Old 01-29-2016, 06:52 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

Sunflower, that was a constant fantasy of mine for many years; get in the car and keep on driving! You are doing something amazing in my books. Getting and staying sober is hard enough, but with little kids and the constant attention they require too? You are amazing! Make sure you get some me time each day, it really does help.

Welcome to all of our newest class members! Just jump in and post whatever is on your mind.

ProudPenguin, so happy to hear that you are feeling well, and losing 8 pounds is such a big bonus!

I hope you feel better soon Roger, then get back up and keep on riding!

This month has gone by so fast; it’s hard to believe that we are in the last weekend of January. Stay strong everyone, let’s push through and into February!
Old 01-29-2016, 07:00 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
GramParsons

Originally Posted by eyeshake View Post
I treat myself with music and sweets. I'm an avid record collector, and I've been using records as a means of reward. Now that I'm not blowing all of my money on booze and going out, I have a ton of disposable income.

It gets easier each day.
Awesome! I have about 600 lps and been collecting for about 30 years..I thought about buying a lp a week since I'm saving about ten bucks a day,!!!
Old 01-29-2016, 07:03 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Old 01-29-2016, 07:40 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Nic233 View Post
I haven't seen the Martian yet but will definitely watch it when it comes out on cable!!!
Ah, I am a redbox fan! Just rented Trainwreck for 80 cents!! I do miss cable though, especially Bravo TV. It's my guilty pleasure.

Thank you for your support. I feel like I am barely making it thought. Snapping at my kids, yelling and needing space from them doesn't feel like I am being a good mom at all. I just want to feel normal although I am not even sure what that is...
Old 01-29-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JL2014 View Post
Sunflower please do not fear stopping a medication if the side effects are bad on you . I personally take welbutrin but it came after a list of meds which either did nothing, or gave horrible side effects. My main depressor is alcohol, and I think I'm somewhat ADD, as the welbutrin eases that. I'm hoping you get to feeling better soon. Feeling bad stinks !
I tried stopping the Zoloft in October. I tapered very slowly and didn't have any weird physical side effects. But I was a MESS. Crying every day, with suicidal thoughts. It is very hard to get off of an SSRI (at least for me). I will give the Wellbutrin a month and stop if the anger does not subside. You don't have to taper off which is a good thing. I am so glad it is helping you. SSRIs help me but i can't stand the weight gain and laziness. Because I am still nursing my options for meds are limited. I would love to wean for this reason but I am torn about it. Ugh. It's all so damn complicated. Thank you so much for the concern
Old 01-29-2016, 07:53 AM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Hi Sunflower,
I'm throwing some support your way - catch!! I know you know I'm a sahm but my DD is 16 so, not a little anymore. Also, she's my only. I found those toddler years to be so difficult. I was very short on patience and had a rough time. I was so much happier when that toddler set of needs ended. Of course, a teen has a whole different set of needs but I can handle it better.
Old 01-29-2016, 08:20 AM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Alive in the Superunknown

Good morning, all.

Hang in there, Sunny.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:52 AM
  # 300 (permalink)  

I forced myself to walk the dog this morning, 30 minutes, and I am so glad that I did. Sometimes I just need a good kick to get me up and moving, the problem is I'm also the one doing the kicking!

Have a good day all!