Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 3

Old 12-30-2015, 11:56 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I'm a little nervous. I need to run to the store unexpectedly and AV is trying to whisper to me. I pray I can be strong.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:04 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, ChickChick!
Old 12-30-2015, 12:27 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  

Don't do it chick chick! The feeling will pass once you get home and move on with the night. And tomorrow morning when you wake up you will be so grateful. Here for you
Old 12-30-2015, 12:45 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Day 9 for me - I never used to count days, but am definitely finding it a real motivator this time around.

I'm away with the family for NYE, we just got here tonight and all went out for a meal. They drank but I was cool, I've always avoided it in the past when trying to stay sober but this last week have had to be around it a few times. In a way I think it's helped me strengthen my acceptance that I don't want or need it anymore.

I need to go see my niece before she goes to bed now as I promised I would. I'll catch up on this thread tomorrow, I hope you're all doing well and enjoying sobriety.
Old 12-30-2015, 12:55 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

So the meeting went well today. Everyone was welcoming and all that jazz. When I left someone came to grab me to offer his phone number if I ever want to chat and grab a coffee. I thought it was a nice gesture. Hard part for me over the next little bit is driving home after work. Typically it involves grabbing something at the liquor store or stopping at the pub. So long as I get past those two places I'm good.
Old 12-30-2015, 01:54 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Like some others, I found counting days to be more important in the very early stage and less so as the days pass, but I do also appreciate the advantage of not wanting to "throw" away a number of days that have accumulated.

When I fell off the wagon in November last year after just 8 days I was too ashamed to return to SR, especially after the confident sounding posts I had written. I regrettably let another year of heavy drinking slip by. forabetterlife, you didn't let the relapse derail you and you're back - that takes steel, which means you're going to do this!
Old 12-30-2015, 02:27 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome Optimist4ever57 & soberwayofpanda

How are you doing ChickChick?

D
  # 88 (permalink)  
Administrator

before I forget...Wishing everyone a wonderful 2016

D
  # 89 (permalink)  

Didn't get a wink of sleep last night and it's catching up to me. About to drink a cup of coffee, so I last till later tonight.

Tomorrow night I'm going to someone's house to watch the football games. They'd don't drink, so not a big deal.

Making it thru another day, day 3
Old 12-30-2015, 02:37 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Bit late but 3rd for me.Was a bit irritated easily today but that's fine.I went for another run in the pouring rain and wind blowing it in my face.Thought I'd kill two birds with one stone and get some more electric.Get to the shop and find out my electric key has fallen out of my pocket
Old 12-30-2015, 02:40 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Administrator

I dunno what an electric key is but it sounds important snh. What can you do?

D
Old 12-30-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Made it home without beer. Thanks for the encouragement! I checked in for a second while we were out. A grocery store run turned into a shopping trip to spend some of the kids christmas money that was burning a hole in their pockets.
AV got loud when we headed for home. I have a hard time on Wednesdays because it is date night and if we stay at home we almost always drink. But I grabbed some fries at Wendy's instead of beer.
Hubby and I are going to watch a movie and eat nachos. We will both feel much better tomorrow than if I had stopped for beer!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:28 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

It was a close call for me on my way home from work. I REALLY wanted to get something to drink for the start of my four days off, to 'reward' myself for the hard work I faced the last few days. Haha - always need validation in some way! How about I just work hard because it's my job and I get paid well for it?? (lol, just something I have been thinking about) So anyway, I made it to the grocery store instead to think up something really yummy for dinner, and since I already had too many avocados at home I decided to get all the rest of needed ingredients to make guacamole and nachos!! So Chickchick here's to nachos and another day sober!
Old 12-30-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Please share the nachos, y'all

Just got a text inviting me to the bar, a HH gathering for a friends bday. I declined and said I had other plans, which are just the couch at home w kittycats. I don't feel strong enough to go and not drink. Kind of sad, because I would like to see these friends, but I need to protect my quit.

Day 2 was so much better than day 1, ugh! I never want to repeat another day 1. I was so apprehensive on the phone earlier w dad, was worried he'd bring up our talk the other night when I was drinking. He either didn't notice or decided not to bring it up. I hope it's the former. I can't wait to have all these secrets deep in the past and feel confident about myself and my choices!

Keep fighting everyone, every day is a new day. What a difference a day makes!
Old 12-30-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Sober date: 20th May 2023

Day 4 for me. Started dreaming again last nite. Pretty weird dreams but dreams nonetheless. Stay strong everyone....the bring on this New Year sober xxx
Old 12-30-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Please share the nachos, y'all Just got a text inviting me to the bar, a HH gathering for a friends bday. I declined and said I had other plans, which are just the couch at home w kittycats. I don't feel strong enough to go and not drink. Kind of sad, because I would like to see these friends, but I need to protect my quit. Day 2 was so much better than day 1, ugh! I never want to repeat another day 1. I was so apprehensive on the phone earlier w dad, was worried he'd bring up our talk the other night when I was drinking. He either didn't notice or decided not to bring it up. I hope it's the former. I can't wait to have all these secrets deep in the past and feel confident about myself and my choices! Keep fighting everyone, every day is a new day. What a difference a day makes!
Nice job kittycat....imagine how you are going to feel with a week, month and year behind you.
If others manage to do it why not you?

I quit for my first time ever last year after a 30 year drinking career. Lasted 11 weeks and then drank for another 9 months. Too ashamed to drag myself back to AA a failure. A carbon copy of miss perfume in our group.

Tonight as the fireworks go off I will have exactly one month. Trust me, if I can do it then you can too.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:56 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

hey decemerists
checking in, from class of november.
bout 5 weeks sober for me, and just want to say hang in there guys.
i had no idea it would feel this good
be safe this new years!
all the best
Old 12-30-2015, 06:00 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Day 5 ending .. Feeling good again. Looking forward to a long weekend. A brand new year. Hope u all have a great sober evening!
Old 12-30-2015, 06:10 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hey everyone,

Im just checkin in. Its been a freakin rollercoaster ride since Thanksgiving for me. Im not boo hooing about my situation at all. It just sux. I have had my son, his other, and gkids living wth us again. Its unbearable.

Christmas should have been a happy time, but it sucked. Not because of drinking at all. The prblms Go Way deeper there, then any drink. They being so poor, decided the gifts we humbly bought for the kids,wasn't equal. Wtf is tht? Poor pple sucking off their parents at age 33& 31, shldnt call the shots. Its not going to happen anymore. They have lived here before. On and off for seven years.

I was so disgusted, I didnt even see my gkids, open the gifts. It has NOTHING to do with drinking. They are impossible straight. They all need to be medicated , not me. Do they drink too? Hell yes. They just took back one of the girls bikes today, to get some hooch. I couldn't fckin believe it! I thought my few binges were bad, but hell No! I would never take back my kids Christmas gift, to get my fix. This is the true alkie, addict. I have never been so low.. and I read here, all the time about hitting rock bottom. Unfreakin unbelievable. ..

Have I drank a bit to get thru? HELL yes. Its just not the answer. Its a **** poor coping mechanism, I have to let go. For me, it goes deeper too.

Im so hurt, Im angry, Im depressed. This is the worst Christmas I can recall. Im not well, Im older, I know better. I see the sin of ugliness, greed, and addiction so bad now. Especially the sin of pride, and ego. I judge people alot, but I see alot of sin in my own heart, and soul.

I would never ever sell my hard earned stuff to get my fix. I swear by all that's holy, they would sell my blood, its o neg. That says enuff.

As much as I care, they need to move. My heart as a gma screams out to save the kids. I will as much as I can.

Happy New Year all.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Recoverer of Self

Closing up shop on day 18!!!!! So happy! Just made my apologies for not being able to attend NYE party tomorrow night....but I'm not sure I'm going to be strong enough to abstain so I'd rather make my apologies for not being able to attend, then make the inevitable apologies for my drunken behaviour!