Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 3

Old 01-04-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 281 (permalink)  
Administrator

Just my .02 but I try not and personify my AV...that gives it a status and a cohesiveness it really doesn't have.

It's just a maladapted 'Lizard brain' geared to destruction rather than survival.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...r-lizard-brain

D
Old 01-04-2016, 05:42 PM
  # 282 (permalink)  

Good morning everyone. Just checking in quickly on day 36. Woke up and thought yes....6 weeks! Then realised while bushing my teeth that the week does indeed have 7 days so I need to wait until next Monday for that. On a more positive note, we had a big client win confirmed yesterday that already hits my Q1 sales targets, I spent 8 months chasing this deal last year....so the first half of the year seems like being straight forward enough at work allowing me to focus on staying sober. I have had a tough enough few years at work with very long working hours so its nice to finally catch a decent break. Have a nice day everyone.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 283 (permalink)  

Great job on 36 days and the deal, Ub!

Good luck to those of you on a job search. I always hated that process, so as antsy as I am in my current career, it's stable and rewarding so I'm trying to count my blessings and stick with it until my youngest is out of high school (4 years).

My first day back at work was really good, surprisingly! I was super productive ..more so than I have been in a long, long time. I've had so many stretches of quitting alcohol that I feel like I know what to expect at just about every sober day up until 60. But somehow, this time feels different. I'm sure I've said that before also. My attitude about it all is better..maybe more of an acceptance. I still WISH I could drink AND have all the benefits I love of being sober. But ....like many other things in life, it doesn't work that way. Not sure why its so much harder to accept that than all of the other things we want and can't have in life???
Old 01-04-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 284 (permalink)  

Ending day 9 on a sad note. A friend from treatment passed away due to his addiction. It goes to show what waits for us at the end of it all if we don't get clean and sober and reach out for help. Heavy hearted tonight but dealing with it. Off to a meeting now.
Bless you all.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:20 PM
  # 285 (permalink)  

Very sorry to hear that JB. It's a timely reminder to everyone of what we are dealing with here. This is not child's play, it is literally life and death. Come back and post if you feel like it in the next day or two. There are a lot of posters here who have been through a similar loss, myself included.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:51 PM
  # 286 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that JB. I have no doubt I could have easily died from alcohol poisoning - or crashed my car, or a number of different alcohol related accidents or ailments.
Thanks for sharing a sad bit of news that reminds us all why we go through the struggles of early sobriety!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:54 PM
  # 287 (permalink)  
Recoverer of Self

I LOVE reading our thread here and staying connected with my classmates...I'm on SR throughout the day to add to my 'fix' of daily recovery so I'm going to start posting more often in this thread.
RahRah
Old 01-04-2016, 06:58 PM
  # 288 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm very sorry for your loss JB.

D
Old 01-04-2016, 09:46 PM
  # 289 (permalink)  

I am very sorry to hear that JB . Good luck with the Job Search Brach. I recall both of us looking in the last class we were in together. And we both got one rather quick. You got this.
Old 01-05-2016, 02:46 AM
  # 290 (permalink)  

Glad to see so many still posting. Great motivation.

Found out yesterday that I have to do blood work for as my disability insurance renewal. Little stressed on the results but I know if I was actively drinking they would be worse. Oh well. They will only keep on getting better from now. I also won't have to come up with a made up number for the question of how many drinks do I have in a month. It will be great to write 0.
Old 01-05-2016, 03:30 AM
  # 291 (permalink)  

Day 8. Another drinking dream. In this one I was traveling with friends and trying to find ways to sneak booze! (I didn't really do a lot of this in real life either.) yikes! Guess my subconscious is still holding on to the drink.

Glad it's only in my dreams
Old 01-05-2016, 03:41 AM
  # 292 (permalink)  

Sorry for your loss JB. That must be tough

Day 8 for me as well. I was having dreams like you over the weekend kittycat3. At one point I was in in the kitchen pouring drinks for myself and I pushed away saying no...and I woke up. It was quite surreal, but I suppose that means my heads in the right place with staying sober. Going to lunch with my brother and dad today, two people who's relationship with me have always revolved around drinking. However it's at noon and at a restaurant that doesn't serve alcohol so I'm hoping for a positive outcome.

I was driving home yesterday thinking about the AV, so I decided to name him Arthur Victorian. He's a snotty, know-it-all jerk with a thick british accent:

Took the edge off and made me laugh to myself like an idiot. He was brutal and non stop yesterday...such a jerk.
Old 01-05-2016, 04:27 AM
  # 293 (permalink)  

I'm sorry about your friend JB.

I had a horrible nightmare last night. It didn't involve drinking but it was all too real. I have a good deal of guilt I'm hanging onto about something. Not quite sure what I am going to do about it, but I think it's time to do something so I'm not carrying it around anymore. I'll think , pray and journal about it today.

Gonna go start a pot of coffee and wake the munchkins.... should be fun.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:42 AM
  # 294 (permalink)  
Reality...what a concept!

Another Good Morning in 2016

Good Morning all! So grateful for yet another work day started without shaking and crawling into the shower. Today is only day 7 for me but oddly feels like so much longer.
I have so enjoyed reading about all of your personal AV's - thank you for sharing! I am starting to create my own in my head...I live in the northeast so one of the personality types I despise the most is the Jersey Shore Guido-Guidette, so I have a feeling my AV might just have a blowout...just something to make me say ewwwww NO!😂😂😂😂
Old 01-05-2016, 06:04 AM
  # 295 (permalink)  

up early this morning. Today marks day 10 for me. The drinking dreams are rather insane but thank god they aren't the reality they used to be. My meeting last night went well and was exactly what I needed (they always are). My AV has been quiet lately which ill of course not complain about lol. I just need to do what I have to do in order to stay sober, nothing less.

thank you for all the comments on my friend. they are greatly appreciated. the reality of this disease is horrifying.

wishing everyone a good, happy, sober day

bless you all
Old 01-05-2016, 06:28 AM
  # 296 (permalink)  

Day 11. Checking in. Will read later.. Gotta get ready for work. Have a great day all!
Old 01-05-2016, 07:43 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  

Hey cute, yeah you're right we were haha. I hope I can get one as quickly this time also, I've got the additional burden of explaining a DUI conviction on my record now though. It's my first criminal conviction, so I have no idea how badly it will affect my chanced, but I know it will be treated seriously (as it should be) by certain companies. We'll see when I get some interviews lined up, nothing so far.

15 days sober today yay! Feeling good, if a little bored around the house. I don't feel too good about myself in general when I'm not working, I feel I should be out there working hard and not lounging around doing what I want to. Some people have said to me not to rush back into work, but I'm a little dubious as to how much not working would help me anyway...

Spent my day packing away Christmas decorations, cleaning the house, grocery shopping and just watching some TV. I need to get some more job apps done, but I've kind of been putting them off if I'm honest. I need to face it and get on with it now.

I'm grateful to be sober and be able to be conscious and helpful to those around me today. I'm grateful to be able to enjoy some good films, to be able to read my books and to be able to plan for my future! That's just the tip of the iceberg, but a quick list for today! ;-)

Have an awesome sober day guys!
Old 01-05-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 298 (permalink)  

Good morning. I slept in today ... I've been sleeping pretty well, some vivid dreams but no nightmares. However, I just awoke feeling really achy and blecch today ... crampy and hormonal, need I say more.

JB, I am very sorry about your friend.

UB, nice job there about the Q1 sales target - hard work repaid!

I have a dental appointment this morning before work. At my last check-up, my dentist asked me if I drank a lot of coffee and alcohol. I was mortified. Are there no keeping any secrets from these people, I thought. Now I can at least have my teeth cleaned with a clear conscience.

Have a good day all.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:33 PM
  # 299 (permalink)  
Recoverer of Self

Hey All...today I had off and all to myself...it was AMAZE....I spent it doing ME stuff...practicing guitar and messing around on here....had a brush with a mad craving today...I posted about it in my 'In the drink' post...but came out unscathed.
Glad to be here and sober!
RahRah
Old 01-05-2016, 05:57 PM
  # 300 (permalink)  

Sorry about your friend Jb. So scary and so sad.

Miss P, that's rough, I would have been mortified too. I have a gas station right up the street that I guess I used to buy beer at quite regularly. Then one morning I stopped for a bottle of water on my way to work (like 7:30 am) and the cashier asked me, "Oh is it too early for beer?". Whaaaat? I was all dressed for work, I was horrified. Decided NEVER to buy beer there again, but he still found the need to say it to me about 3 more times. By the third time I snapped at him and walked out.

I've been having vivid dreams as well. I wonder what the connection is between early sobriety and dreaming. I'm positive there must be a scientific reason because it happens to me every single time. I don't mind because my dreams usually aren't really bad, and I still sleep fine, but they are pretty intense and memorable.

I had a decent day. Work, but it was all professional development so a lot of sitting and learning and collaborating. Then I went for a 2 mile walk with my dog in the chilly air which I love. But after I came back from my walk, something seemed to click in me and I got very irritable and emotional. I am in a tough situation with my ex-husband right now . It's a long story that I will save for another time, but it is a huge burden on my mind and my life. (It's nothing romantic or anything like that ). Learning to deal with tough situations, feelings, and things that are out of our control without the crutch of alcohol is definitely tough. But I know it's the healthy and right thing to do.

Very busy day at work tomorrow, so I'm heading to bed early. Sleep is my escape, I look forward to it hours before bedtime and worry that might be unhealthy....?

Good night all, so glad to be here with you