View Single Post
Old 12-30-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  
ubntubnt

Originally Posted by kittycat3 View Post
Please share the nachos, y'all Just got a text inviting me to the bar, a HH gathering for a friends bday. I declined and said I had other plans, which are just the couch at home w kittycats. I don't feel strong enough to go and not drink. Kind of sad, because I would like to see these friends, but I need to protect my quit. Day 2 was so much better than day 1, ugh! I never want to repeat another day 1. I was so apprehensive on the phone earlier w dad, was worried he'd bring up our talk the other night when I was drinking. He either didn't notice or decided not to bring it up. I hope it's the former. I can't wait to have all these secrets deep in the past and feel confident about myself and my choices! Keep fighting everyone, every day is a new day. What a difference a day makes!
Nice job kittycat....imagine how you are going to feel with a week, month and year behind you.
If others manage to do it why not you?

I quit for my first time ever last year after a 30 year drinking career. Lasted 11 weeks and then drank for another 9 months. Too ashamed to drag myself back to AA a failure. A carbon copy of miss perfume in our group.

Tonight as the fireworks go off I will have exactly one month. Trust me, if I can do it then you can too.