SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2015 Pt 3 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/381787-class-december-2015-pt-3-a.html)

Dee74 12-28-2015 05:07 PM

Class of December 2015 Pt 3

Continues from here:
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...pt-2-a-20.html

D

least 12-28-2015 05:40 PM

Get sober today and you'll feel good, instead of being sick, on New Year's Day. :)

ubntubnt 12-28-2015 08:14 PM

Just checking in quickly on day 29...only a couple of days left to get to a month.
Craving not too bad....kind of helps that I am on hols in a Muslim country where alcohol is unbelievably expensive (foreigner tax) and I am driving everywhere. Feel great and caffeined to the eyeballs. Address that next week.
Welcome to our new joiners. There has been a real churn of class members this month which is to be expected I am sure. But as you read through the forum you see that some make it, stay sober and stick around. I will be done that makes it...will you stick around also?

Jenses 12-28-2015 09:32 PM

Ending day 22. Bit surreal that I am sober for over 3 weeks. Appreciate SR and Dec 2015 group. <3

Steely 12-28-2015 09:47 PM

:tyouGood afternoon class of December 2015. Checking in on day 8 and though my flat is a tip and can't muster the energy or inclination to do much about it I'm sober and that is all that matters to me. I just had my first experience in refusing a drink. My neighbour phoned (she has a problem too) and she sounded just a bit too happy (!)and said she was about to ask me something. I assumed it was to have a drink. My mind went into chaos and turmoil but out of the blue I just said NO! Yay me.....it told ME that I meant it. :tyou:tyou

Viperidae 12-28-2015 10:43 PM

Hi, I was reading the last page and I'll tell you guys, the only thing you have to be afraid of is staying the way you were. Not drinking, is absolutely bound to bring good things. So many I can't list them. Physical and mental health will get better and better. You'll have more money, less drama, and start moving forward. I think that's what we are most afraid of, moving forward. It doesn't make any sense. We want to move forward, yearn to change, but we keep ourselves in a cell and the door isn't even locked.

23 days again. Haha. I'm not afraid, except of drinking.

FaithfulAndFree 12-28-2015 11:59 PM

Closing in on day one. Can't sleep. So much on my mind. I look forward to working through the personal issues that cause me to want to escape. But for now, at 3am, all I can do is lay here and think. Atleast I'm sober though :)

toby2159 12-29-2015 12:04 AM

Just joined the Class of December 2015. Am just starting my 5th day sober. Gold stars to all in the class!

ubntubnt 12-29-2015 12:26 AM

Originally Posted by FaithfulAndFree (Post 5712112)
Closing in on day one. Can't sleep. So much on my mind. I look forward to working through the personal issues that cause me to want to escape. But for now, at 3am, all I can do is lay here and think. Atleast I'm sober though :)

Hi FandF, it took me two weeks to be able to sort my sleep out. Don't worry about anything other than not drinking right now. The rest will come in time.

Dee74 12-29-2015 12:30 AM

Welcome Toby :)

D

Steely 12-29-2015 01:55 AM

It's a good class December 2015. We're all in this together and alone. Sounds healthy to me. Welcome Toby.:You_Rock_

Tick 12-29-2015 02:59 AM

Woke up uneasy today. It's strange. I can go for weeks for weeks and not feel this anxiety but knowing its forever is causing the stress. Also we a have given up our family all inclusive vacation because of me which is causing me 99percent of my despair. I start the planning the day I get back so it makes me feel lost. I will stay sober though.

enfinthechange 12-29-2015 03:13 AM

Day 4 ... again.. still sober, still trying!

enfinthechange 12-29-2015 03:18 AM

Originally Posted by enfinthechange (Post 5712219)
Day 4 ... again.. still sober, still trying!

Plus, out of the last 32 days i have been sober 29 of them... that's more positive!!! Hahaha... that feels better!!! Must not let screwing up define myself achievements! Wow, that sounds a bit big headed sorry!
It must be THE SUN, which is unusually shining here!!! Hurrah!!!

nmd 12-29-2015 04:49 AM

Starting day 4, feeling pretty good if tired.

I'm a little bummed at how I've been at this for almost 2 years and I'm starting over again, but it could be worse. I'd much rather get sober now than wait any longer.

brach123 12-29-2015 05:20 AM

Welcome to all the newcomers! I hope you're all enjoying a happy sober day.

I'm on day 8 and feeling really good about it. I went out and got my hair cut, when I was drinking I was often too much of a mess to face that, so it was nice to sit there full of talk instead of full of nerves! I also saw my nephew and niece which was fun and I'm packing this afternoon to go away with my family until just after NYE tomorrow. If I was drinking I wouldn't have been able to go/nor would they let me go, so opportunities like this are instant improvements on the way my life is in comparison to how my drunken life was.

I hope you guys are all doing well today. I'm really enjoying reading all of your posts, getting tips and seeing all the successes.

Soberwolf 12-29-2015 05:24 AM

Glad to see you guys are going strong keep up the good work everyone

Bluejay71 12-29-2015 05:55 AM

Good morning, classmates. Starting day four. Can't believe how tired I am, body must be healing. Yay! Have a great day sober- we can do it! :-)

Highwind 12-29-2015 06:28 AM

Day 14 today.

Nmd - keep your chin up mate, I had over a year sober back in 2010 so I been trying for a long time too.....i suppose we have to just not let it beat us and try to change things up each attemp till we find away to make it work.

HopefulBob 12-29-2015 06:43 AM

Hello all,
I've been following this trend but this is my first post. I have been a functioning alcoholic for over 15 years, not an everyday drinker but my life definitely revolved around it. My drinking slowed time a few years ago when we had kids but I still couldn't wait to have my beers on the weekends after the kids were in bed. I could not go a week without it, and I was lying to myself and others about how much I was actually drinking. Well, a few months ago I had a health scare unrelated to drinking. When everything turned out ok, I felt like I had a new lease of life and decided to give up alcohol so I could be around as long as possible for my kids and to give them my full attention. I have been completely sober for a month. My issue now is that a deep depression has set in. I keep having these thoughts that nothing matters and I am going to die anyway regardless. Is it this the AV talking? Or was I just masking these feelings by being focused on drinking for so long. I wish I was more of a spiritual person but unfortunately it isn't easy for me. Thank you for your time.