Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 3

Old 12-31-2015, 02:50 PM
  # 141 (permalink)  

I can't wait for it to be over either FABL.

I am home now. Sans beer. But my mind is still going a million miles an hour about getting some later or not. I hope AV slows down soon.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:10 PM
  # 142 (permalink)  

Happy New Year from Hong Kong everyone!

Here's to a brilliant and sober 2016 to all of us. One where we find our better selves and make better choices. One where we tackle our individual challenges with clear minds and dignity. One where we come closer than we have before to realising our true potential as parents, children, siblings, spouses, lovers, friends, colleagues and creators of our lives.

I'm very sorry to hear of the difficulties that some of us are having, Maximus and JL, I hope 2016 brings you the ability to solve or at least improve your situations. To those of us in early days, dealing with insomnia and other symptoms, be strong. To those of us experiencing the triggers that we all have to deal with, please let it pass so that you can usher in 2016 clean and sober and let us all keep it that way.

I haven't forgotten too that New Year's is ubnt's one month anniversary! Congratulations - that's inspiring for all of us!

I took myself off to bed early last night ... 9.30 pm or so. I was exhausted since i'd been up since 5.30 am yesterday. I slept through the fireworks even - what a nanna (with apologies to all nannas out there). Now I am up bright-eyed and bushy-tailed. It has just gone 7 am here and I am waiting for the weather to warm up a little then will go for a long run in the crisp air.

This long weekend I am bent on tackling every drawer, cupboard, cabinet and storage unit in my flat, and getting organised within an inch of my sober life. If it necessitates a weekend trip to a certain Scandinavian furniture store that I normally avoid at all costs, so be it!

That's the first of my major projects. If I don't finish this weekend, I'll just keep going weekend by weekend till I'm done.

This is my first clear-eyed New Year's morning for as long as I can remember so I do apologise if I sound a little over-enthusiastic, but I am feeling very good indeed.
If it were not for SR and what I've learned from it and received from you all here, I am 100% sure it would not have been so. Thank you .
Old 12-31-2015, 03:11 PM
  # 143 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome back charliesworld

for anyone struggling - remember it's only a few hours- you can do a few hours with just a little discomfort

You won't be sorry tomorrow for staying sober tonight
Old 12-31-2015, 03:23 PM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Great post MissP

Trying to identify where this huge craving is coming from. I think it's a horrible combination of this most of which is that I am upset with my inlaws and I need to eat something more significant than popcorn. Can't change the inlaws stuff right now but I think I'll go make a couple of eggs and start a pot of decafe. Planning to get through the night even if I have to post every minute. Sorry to you all having to listen to me!! Love to you all.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:24 PM
  # 145 (permalink)  
Administrator

whatever you need to do to stay sober, do it chickchick
Old 12-31-2015, 03:26 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

I'm into day 11 and sometimes there I could/would not leave the house thinking that someone had seen me the night before, or the night before that......... When I did eventually venture out my head would be down and I would feel shamed and paranoid thinking that everyone "knew". Today after only 11 days I am lifting my head in sobriety. People start to lay down new images of us when they see us sober and the past is forgiven, by those that matter that is.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Life Goes On

Slipping in under the wire to join the December class, please. I'll stand in the back if there aren't any seats left.

I've got seven days of non-drinking behind me and it's been going fine, but the last couple of hours have been very uncomfortable. So to honor my commitment to myself, I'm adding to my plan as needed.

I've been the part of many a class before and will stick with this one, come hell or high water.

Now let me go give my car keys to my daughter so I will have no easy way to sneak away for booze while she is out of the house.

Looking forward to getting to sharing this journey with you.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:34 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by forabetterlife View Post
Sorry if this is a ramble (I forget the acronym we named it a week or so ago) But I want to understand my drinking patterns and behaviors more honestly so I can prepare for and see through my addictive voice.

Kind of can't wait for this night to be over....
BUMOSI - brief uninterrupted moments of shared introspection

It's going on 4 weeks sober and we just left a New Years drop in party and my AV was going bananas. My friend was drinking a glass of red and I was so tempted. It's been a while since I had such a strong desire. I guess it's been long enough that I have forgotten why I stopped? I know I will be happier tomorrow- but I am certainly glad I have this group. I am reaching for my cellphone rather than a drink which is a wine - I mean win! Freudian slip lol. Anyone else have those moments why you forgot? Crappy night to question going sober - or perhaps the best - New Years is a trigger for many. Thanks for listening.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:41 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Hi all

I am a member of the December 2008 group, and I know tonight can be challenging. I actually can't even remember what I did that night 7 years ago, I hadn't even thought of it until I saw this thread pop up! You won't either. Congratulations in advance for making it this far, and as far as you do.

<3
Old 12-31-2015, 03:42 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I've never woken up sober, and wished that I had drank the night before.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:46 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  

Welcome Obladi! Plenty of seats to choose from still. Congrats on 7 days!

Jenses Congrats on 4 weeks! And great job passing on the wine.
Old 12-31-2015, 03:50 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Smile

I just posted but my 15 minute edit session had expired. Was wanting to talk about shame and embarressment as at the beginning of this thread. Sheee! Happy New Year everyone.
Old 12-31-2015, 04:47 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Administrator

For anyone who's new..I'll move this thread in a few hours to our Daily Support forum.

A new Class of January thread will take your place here in the Newcomers forum.

Nothing else will change - you guys will still continue as a group and a thread for as long as you want to...

it's not necessary to move to the January thread - unless of course you want to

thanks
D
Old 12-31-2015, 05:34 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  
Recoverer of Self

NYE and sober!

Tonight may not be a night to remember... but at least I'll remember it!!!!

RahRah
Old 12-31-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  

Well, I left his house after the first football game. I did not feel great, so I left. Even the guy I was with kept talking about everyone having a "big evening" on New Years. It was getting to me. I will spend New Years at home.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:48 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

Happy New Year everyone! Outstanding job last night to finish off the year sober.

Ended up at a NYE party last night which ended with my family in a swimming pool with a load of balloons. I don't have to tell you how messy that would have been had I been drinking. As it was it was fun. New Year's Day now, the start of month two and I feel good about the year. Everything can be protected as long as I avoid that first drink.

My New Years resolution this year is more simple than it has been in years: for me to be able to say this time next year that I did not have a single drink in 2016.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:05 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  

Having the most fulfilling NYE ever. Watched Star Wars with my son the same age I was I watched the first Star Wars with my dad. He passed away shortly after and was the last movie I ever saw with him. He died to disease related to too much alcohol. It was bittersweet tonight but absolutely the best. Don't want to bring people down. It was meant in a positive light. Happy NEW YEARS!
Old 12-31-2015, 06:13 PM
  # 158 (permalink)  
Administrator

That's wonderful Tick - thank you for sharing.

D
Old 12-31-2015, 06:14 PM
  # 159 (permalink)  
p***enger

Happy New Year to the class of December 2015!!! Kiss the old year goodbye and know that 2016 can be a better one, with continued sobriety. You can do it!

Old 12-31-2015, 06:27 PM
  # 160 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations on your 'graduation' guys

Here's to a great 2016

D