Notices

Class of December 2015 Pt 3

Old 12-30-2015, 03:04 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Hi all day 3 for me.

I slept better last night but still got this twitching although I think it might be getting a bit better and I am continuing to take the vitamin supplements. I also took some herbal Kalms last night to help me to get off to sleep. Whenever I have withdrawn from alcohol before I have not had any physical symptoms so this is the first time for me. I am now understanding what the kindling effect means and it also means that I cannot let another relapse happen again...

I have a plan for NYE! My children are with their Dad until Friday which is good as its given me time to quit the alcohol and get a grip. My best friend has also decided to quit with me and she is coming over to me. I'm cooking and we have a load of DVD's lined up.

I am looking forward to getting to know you all.
M
Old 12-30-2015, 03:06 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Alegresempre

I have no experience with naltrexone at all.
Old 12-30-2015, 03:18 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Ready for day 4. Still sleeps aren't the best but better than my last binge. Our NYE plans are going to the movies for Star Wars with the kids. That wouldn't have been my plan last week. That's something to be grateful for.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:01 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Morning everyone. Today is day 2 and I am already hearing that voice in the back of my head that tells me everything is fine and not a big deal. A day after a binge, I am always littered with anxiety and really beat myself up. Sometimes it feels like if I could stay that way it would be easier to get sober. When I start to get a few days under my belt, and start exercising again, I tend to forget how I feel when I drink like that and my self esteem goes back to normal. I'm going to a meeting today to stay on the right course and I am going to stick to that. I'm nervous as hell walking in there alone, but I gotta stick with it. The alternative doesn't work. Thanks for letting me share here.
Old 12-30-2015, 04:10 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sticking close to SR really helped me to ignore that voice telling me I was overreacting, Bobby.

D
Old 12-30-2015, 04:35 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a good sober day
Old 12-30-2015, 04:46 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  

Day 2. I have some plans set today that I am looking forward to, breakfast w a friend and some errands to take care of. Thank goodness yesterday's depression is nearly gone. I am so grateful to be sober and have yet another chance at a sober, fulfilling life.
Old 12-30-2015, 05:12 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ubntubnt View Post
You could download the app on your phone and check in even if you do go out ;-) just to be sure....
Good advice ubnt, although I'm happy to report that I have turned down the invitation to go out. I really only wanted to catch up with one close friend who is visiting town for a few days, and I got to do that tonight.

forabetterlife, I am so glad to see you back. So very pleased that you have returned despite the relapse, to rejoin the band. Welcome back
Old 12-30-2015, 05:55 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Day 2 - Again

Today starts day 2 for me - again. Yesterday went well, with just a bit of anxiety, but I was able to work through it. Anxiety is my trigger and I do see a therapist for that and other issues going on in my life.

I've been reading posts all morning and feel motivated to make this a full day of sobriety. Thank you all for just being here for each other.

Optimist
Old 12-30-2015, 06:13 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  

There is an app for here? Man, I wish I knew that. Going to have to download that today.

Day 4. Feeling okay. I am a bit sluggish today, so I'm having some coffee to perk me up.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:14 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Good afternoon everyone! Im new here, on day 11. Full of energy since Monday. Last time I made 55 days sober (in April/May 2015), I hope this time I can reach minimum 100, and after that who knows..
Old 12-30-2015, 06:18 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

I'm not going to count my days anymore - that's just me. But I am sure feeling more energy and able to handle hard situations much better. Onward.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:19 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhenInDoubt View Post
There is an app for here? Man, I wish I knew that. Going to have to download that today. Day 4. Feeling okay. I am a bit sluggish today, so I'm having some coffee to perk me up.
Yes it's not bad (typing on it now), not as good as the full site IMO but useful to be able to carry the forum around with you and check in when you get bored moments....better than your mind drifting to drinking!
Old 12-30-2015, 06:22 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by beautifulpines View Post
I'm not going to count my days anymore - that's just me. But I am sure feeling more energy and able to handle hard situations much better. Onward.
I was thinking about this also. If we are quitting for good and making life changes to ensure that things stay that way then surely there is not need to count. What's the point of counting to infinity?

In the other hand, it is a powerful motivator after counting out each painstaking day to not want to give that all up by taking that first drink.
Old 12-30-2015, 06:28 AM
  # 75 (permalink)  

I like to count just because it keeps me motivated. I'm sure I will hit a point where the days don't matter, but in the beginning, those days matter (to me). If that makes any sense!
Old 12-30-2015, 07:06 AM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by WhenInDoubt View Post
I like to count just because it keeps me motivated. I'm sure I will hit a point where the days don't matter, but in the beginning, those days matter (to me). If that makes any sense!
Day counting is all that keeps me going currently....very powerful motivational tool. When im struggling the thought of throwing away my 15 days of struggles is too much to bare so I ride the craving out and look forward to adding another day to my tally.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:19 AM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Good morning class!
Feeling very rested here after 12! hours of sleep. On day 4 after my relapse. Obviously feeling very tired, but motivated to prevent another.
Going to spend the day reading recovery books and SR and starting a journal this time.
I had almost two months, and relapsed. I realize I wasn't truly happy about quitting and that resentment led me to drink again. So this time I'm really accepting that this is not a choice. I accept that I am an alcoholic and cannot and do not want to drink every again.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:09 AM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Good morning.
I was up and going early this morning, then feel back to sleep. I'm finding my body needs lots of rest these days. Makes sense because lately I've been drinking and staying up almost all night.
I like counting days, that's just me. I also set up little rewards for myself every 10 days. It worked for me in the past so I will keep doing it.
Hope you all have a great sober day! Be sure to check in if AV is getting loud.
Old 12-30-2015, 08:25 AM
  # 79 (permalink)  

Thanks missp... It's so humbling to post after a relapse, especially when I know how confident I sound in some of my posts. It really only takes one moment of weakness and it all falls apart.

Which brings me to your question, Ub. I have spent the last two days journaling and making lists and reminders of things to do during a craving. Social situations and people are not my problem as I usually drink alone, so it's all me and my little head.

As far as counting days , it is very motivating for me in the beginning as well. As time moves on, it becomes less of a thing for me, especially once I hit 30 days and not drinking feels more like the norm.

Forever seems daunting of course so for now I'm committing to 90 days. Not that I have this plan of drinking in 90 days nor do I believe in any way that I can ever drink normally. But somehow, in these early days, it helps to have a goal rather than forever.

Feeling good on day 3. NYE has been sober for me for the past 4 or 5 years. I love waking up NY day sober rather than it being wasted to a hangover.

Good to be back, so glad to see many of you racking up the days !
Old 12-30-2015, 10:51 AM
  # 80 (permalink)  

forabetterlife, I so agree with you. I feel like I come off as too optimistic, too strong in my posts. Like you said, any little weak moment can bring the whole thing crashing down. Such a good reminder to stay vigilent.

I am tired this afternoon. I really want I nap.