Notices

One Year & Over Part 33

Old 01-07-2016, 03:49 PM
  # 321 (permalink)  

Thank you for the encouragement you guys. I think it's really true: be good with yourself on the inside and everything else will follow.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:22 PM
  # 322 (permalink)  

I banged up my car pretty good today hitting a post. Just goes to show I can still be an idiot sober. The car is 10 years old and needs to be replaced anyway, so I'm off to buy a "newer" used car on Saturday. My husband and I always buy used cars because we crash our cars on a regular basis. Neither of us has ever driven under the influence -- we are just STOOPID. Sigh, we just can't have nice things.
Old 01-07-2016, 04:26 PM
  # 323 (permalink)  
Administrator

some unkind people suggested I needed this:

when clearly what I need is a Nerf car

Best wishes buying and driving the new on GHD

D
Old 01-07-2016, 04:27 PM
  # 324 (permalink)  

IP, it sounds like you are still "processing" your recent relationships, so you probably do need a break until you have a clear idea about how to move forward.

Ideally, yeah, he will find you, but I don't think you can count on it. When I reached my 30s, I got much more ruthless about quickly weeding out the guys who weren't suitable or interested in marriage.
Old 01-07-2016, 05:26 PM
  # 325 (permalink)  

re the nerf car!
Old 01-07-2016, 05:28 PM
  # 326 (permalink)  

I love the nerf car, lol!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:12 PM
  # 327 (permalink)  
Magsie

So cute the nerf car! Hehe.

V thanks for putting the table in. I don't cook with booze, can't take that chance, them little raptors(receptors) in my brain are just waiting for an excuse!

Morning overs, Friday 6 am ish here. Not been a too bad week at work tho had so much sleep when I was at home. Getting myself fit and ready for spring! Which is just around the corner.

Inpar, I found I used to adapt to suit my boyfriends (in the past) and not be my true self. Heck, I didn't know it at the time, I hadn't even met my true self! But when we do and become comfortable with who we are, the world beckons us and tells us it's secrets. We become comfortable and confident in our own skin and that is an attraction for the male species.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
So cute the nerf car! Hehe. V thanks for putting the table in. I don't cook with booze, can't take that chance, them little raptors(receptors) in my brain are just waiting for an excuse! Morning overs, Friday 6 am ish here. Not been a too bad week at work tho had so much sleep when I was at home. Getting myself fit and ready for spring! Which is just around the corner. Inpar, I found I used to adapt to suit my boyfriends (in the past) and not be my true self. Heck, I didn't know it at the time, I hadn't even met my true self! But when we do and become comfortable with who we are, the world beckons us and tells us it's secrets. We become comfortable and confident in our own skin and that is an attraction for the male species.
These are great words and thoughts. I hope that someday I may meet my true self, but at this point, and it's getting pretty late in the game, I'm still discovering. Your words gave me an AHA! moment. Thanks
Old 01-07-2016, 11:18 PM
  # 329 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mags1 View Post
Inpar, I found I used to adapt to suit my boyfriends (in the past) and not be my true self. Heck, I didn't know it at the time, I hadn't even met my true self! But when we do and become comfortable with who we are, the world beckons us and tells us it's secrets. We become comfortable and confident in our own skin and that is an attraction for the male species.
^^^ This is wisdom.
Thank you darling Mags. ♥
Old 01-08-2016, 02:22 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs
Old 01-08-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Looks like rain here today with a rain/snow mix tomorrow, then we go into the deep freeze with a high of only 15F/-9C on Monday. We've had it pretty easy this winter, so I guess we're due for some cold.

Have a great Friday, overs!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:15 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  
Magsie

It's 4 c here fbl and quite cold! for us!
Old 01-08-2016, 04:36 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  

having grown up in the restaurant business, and worked in a few kitchens over the years

for me, i wouldn't order a dish mare with booze or wine out

having done this myself, if the chef is in a rush, and or the pan isn't hot enough

the alcohol "wont" burn off, because it "cant" burn off

balsamic goes along way
Old 01-08-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FormerBeerLover View Post
Looks like rain here today with a rain/snow mix tomorrow, then we go into the deep freeze with a high of only 15F/-9C on Monday. We've had it pretty easy this winter, so I guess we're due for some cold.

Have a great Friday, overs!
Warm for winter here too 43/6 now and rain with fog. In deep freeze for the weekend.

RIP "Schneider"

Overs
Old 01-08-2016, 05:12 AM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Mags thank you so much, your words really struck a chord (not just with me). This is exactly the process I've been going through lately, getting to know myself for the first time and it truly is an empowering experience. I not going to compromise my own happiness anymore, not just in relationships but in all aspects of my life. I'm starting to listen to myself.
I feel thankful for the experiences I've had, recent and in the past. And, importantly I think, I'm learning to let go of bad experiences, and things in my life now that aren't working.
We haven't gotten much higher than -15F/6C for awhile now. I was doing an interview outside yesterday, my nose felt like it was going to freeze off. I visited a First Nations reservation yesterday, it was a gorgeous location and a really cool project they're doing there.
My plumbing is %**ed. They're bringing in a vac truck today to fix it up hopefully. Something is blocked out towards the sewer. Greeaaat.
The toilet is touch and go.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:13 AM
  # 336 (permalink)  

Eternal, IMHO it's never too late until it's over. For me there is only now :-)
Old 01-08-2016, 06:03 AM
  # 337 (permalink)  

Good afternoon Over-Undies

Here’s hoping you’re all well and happy. I didn’t get chance to post yesterday, had a busy day and went out for lunch too. My dad would have been 84 yesterday so I went for lunch with my mum and brother and a couple of family friends. It was very pleasant and we had a few laughs remembering some of my dads antics. I was going to post last night but I was just too tired so I took myself off to bed.

WeHave, Keswick is a lovely place, very picturesque, with lots of history. I don’t know if it’s suffered from flooding though with all the rain we’ve had recently. That pasty sounds gross though, I’ve never heard of a pasty containing broccoli and sweetcorn. Yuck!

G.Hogday, I’ve seriously been on the verge of suffocating my husband with a pillow on many an occasion, not because of his coughing, but because of his snoring. He’s like a hydraulic road drill!
I love all the different expressions we hear here from the different areas here and over the water. It can be quite educational.

Drake, cooking with wine is a no-no for me, I just don’t do it, it would be a teaspoon for the pot and the rest of the bottle down my neck. Can’t risk it!

V.C, what you said ‘food is inextricably linked to my alchoholism,’ I think it was with me.

Very true EternalNow, re the food and alcohol.

MLD51 I do loads of cooking and like you I’ve learnt to substitute other things or to just not use wine at all, it’s safer and I’ve never had any adverse comments about my meals.

Mags1, I don’t know where you are in the U.K and I hope you’ve not been affected by the floods. I’m in the North West and though it’s not raining today, we’ve had more than our fair share of it. It’s gone really cold today though and I have that many layers on I look like a roly poly pudding.

Saskia, I’m the same re cooking with wine, I just can’t risk it, it wouldn’t be worth it.

Thanks for the video clip F.B.L, have a good week end.

Hello S.Wolf and you have a good weekend too, I hope you spot some interesting birdies.

Mags1 and Saskia, I remember that chart too.

IP, I used to get wasted too when I was cooking, especially Sunday dinners and I’ve cooked so many Christmas Dinners when I’ve been absolutely blotto, don’t know how I did it, I could never face them by the time it was time to eat, but everyone else ate them. I dread to think!!!
I agree with your thoughts on romance, you don’t have to be in a relationship to be happy. Maybe for now concentrate on you, enjoy life and just take take each day as it comes. What’s meant to be will be. Sometimes we can try too hard and maybe taking a step back is just what you need. When the time’s right it will happen and probably just when you’re least expecting it! xx

Thanks for copying that chart again V.C, it makes for some interesting reading.

Aw GH.Day, sorry to hear about your bump in the car, at least you’re not hurt though, that’s the main thing. I’m rubbish with cars and bumping them too, I could never have a brand new one, it’d be wrecked within a month.

Ha ha ha ha Dee, that is sooo funny. That would really apply to me too.

Very, very wise words re finding your true self Mags, thanks for sharing that, it’s so true.

Can’t beat a splash of balsamic Rusty, I use it for salad dressings too.

Well that’s it for now, must dash, Ive got loads to do.
Have a great Friday, a great week end and stay safe and sober.

Love to you all

Gxxx
Old 01-08-2016, 08:46 AM
  # 338 (permalink)  
Magsie

Grace, I live in north Lincolnshire and fortunately, missed the floods here. Not quite got down to us, York was the nearest and that's about 70 miles away.

I love balsamic vinegar too. I have a splash on fresh salmon, very nice indeed.
Old 01-08-2016, 08:55 AM
  # 339 (permalink)  

I went to the Route 66 Museum yesterday in lovely Kingman Arizona. In a back Room, they had ~12 Electric Cars/Carts on display. Even a very early Electric Wheelchair. Given the Art Deco, rounded front end, I at first thought it was an old Bumper Car from a Beach-side Carnival. Other Displays included everything from a high speed Racer fit only for the Salt Flats, to adapted Carts for use around the Farm. Having had a high-end Electric Tesla Car speed by me on the Interstate during the 2 Day drive down here to the Desert, I've kinda seen both ends of the Electric Car Spectrum thus far.

Most of these were built by California Companies this Native from there had never heard of. Some of the ideas I saw re: Motor size and Batteries are now cycling back around. Given the top speed of these Carts, I think they're inherently Injury-free, eh?

Old 01-08-2016, 11:16 AM
  # 340 (permalink)  
LDT

Hello Friends....... Very long time no see....... Mind if I join this party again? Some of you I already know and some of you I've never met. Thank you FBL for reminding me to pop back in.

I use to post mainly in the HATZ and Healthy Eating thread. ... Now just the H.E. Thread. But I'd love to get to know Y'all ( that's a dead giveaway to my southern roots, yes? ) . It will take me forever to catch up on posts.

I just celebrated 3 years of sobriety ....Dec. 28 was my date. I celebrated by taking a long, quiet walk in the snow with my dog. My old friends on this thread already know about my crazy dog and how I'm madly in love with him.....Unfortunately, you will hear about him a lot.

So ... I look forward to getting reacquainted.