Notices

One Year & Over Part 33

Old 01-08-2016, 11:26 AM
  # 341 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Hey, LDT! So good to "see" ya again Congrats on 3 BIG YEARS!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 12:51 PM
  # 342 (permalink)  

Mesa ~ those cars are awesome.

Hello darling LDT, and (a belated, sorry)

on 3 years sober!!!
Old 01-08-2016, 02:11 PM
  # 343 (permalink)  

Welcome back LDT, good to see you again! Congrats on 3 years!,

Old 01-08-2016, 02:40 PM
  # 344 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by MesaMan View Post
I went to the Route 66 Museum yesterday in lovely Kingman Arizona. In a back Room, they had ~12 Electric Cars/Carts on display. Even a very early Electric Wheelchair. Given the Art Deco, rounded front end, I at first thought it was an old Bumper Car from a Beach-side Carnival. Other Displays included everything from a high speed Racer fit only for the Salt Flats, to adapted Carts for use around the Farm. Having had a high-end Electric Tesla Car speed by me on the Interstate during the 2 Day drive down here to the Desert, I've kinda seen both ends of the Electric Car Spectrum thus far.

Most of these were built by California Companies this Native from there had never heard of. Some of the ideas I saw re: Motor size and Batteries are now cycling back around. Given the top speed of these Carts, I think they're inherently Injury-free, eh?

Nor entirely injury free...you may have missed where I tipped my electric scooter last year Mesa Man

Congrats LDT

D
Old 01-08-2016, 03:05 PM
  # 345 (permalink)  

Congrats LDT!
Old 01-08-2016, 03:10 PM
  # 346 (permalink)  

Congrats, LDT! And I'm happy to hear about your dog :-)
Old 01-08-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 347 (permalink)  
Do your best

Congratulations on 3 years Ldt
Old 01-08-2016, 04:58 PM
  # 348 (permalink)  
Magsie

H LDT congratulations on 3 years. Will look forward to hearing about your dog, love them.
Old 01-08-2016, 05:59 PM
  # 349 (permalink)  
LDT

Thanks guys! It's so strange to talk in terms of years (plural). This holiday was relatively easy going..... But we are headed into Mardi Gras here in Louisiana, and that is the biggest drinking holiday of the year here..... It's gets unbelievably crazy... Especially in New Orleans....We're thinking we might just go on a short trip out of state during Mardi Gras this year.... Just not into crowds at all right now. Especially inebriated crowds.

Happy to know there are other dog lovers on this thread. I sincerely mean it when I say I have the weirdest dog on the planet. I could write a book on his shenanigans. Suffice it to say I will have this Toddler of a dog for the next 10 years . He will never grow up. I'm certain of it.

Have a good night folks.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:13 PM
  # 350 (permalink)  

Well, I drank alcohol last night. That's right, 31 months and 4 days without...then, BAM - the streak is over.

I'm out to dinner with my exercise gang and it is festive. The waitress comes over and I order an Arnold Palmer. She brings our beverages and at the time I am opening gifts and a card from them. I sip my AP, tastes a bit funny - I think its sweet tea and not unsweetened. Sip two as we chat back and forth...funny tasting. Finally, sip #3, then it hits me...my old friend was in that glass - vodka.

I ordered an Arnold Palmer...it is half ice tea and half lemonade - F'n PERIOD - NO VODKA. The waitress - Bless Her Heart - adds vodka.

My friends are mortified. They all know that I am a recovering alkie. In fact, one of the women there is also a friend of Bill W with me. I reassure them that I am fine and the night moves on.

However, after we leave the restaurant my car drives the four blocks to my regular Thursday night AA mtg - where I most likely would have been if not for the gathering. Honestly, I don't think I even had a thought that I should go - my car just took me there.

There were 20 minutes remaining and as I sat down I asked to share a burning desire. I did - told them what happened. A percession of how others have dealt with similar mistakes and amazing suggestions. I was literally in tears with all the love that I felt heading my way.

I really haven't felt one thought of drinking again. Some of the newer people in the room said they might not have said anything - or might have felt the F-its. "They" said it was a testiment to the program I am working that I went right to a meeting. I'd like to believe that, I dunno?

Have a nice weekend, all.

Congrats on the three years my dear friend, LDT!!

Carlos
Old 01-08-2016, 06:18 PM
  # 351 (permalink)  
LDT

OMG, Carlos....... Wow....... The same thing has happened to me and I know it's a shocker. But it sounds like you're OK! Grateful.
Old 01-08-2016, 06:37 PM
  # 352 (permalink)  

Think of it as a victory Carlos. You walked away..you went for help and encouragement. You did not give in, you could have easily just kept on drinking and went right back to where you were. But you did not. Alcohol's power over you was knocked down a peg or two.

Way to go friend... way to go!
Old 01-08-2016, 06:41 PM
  # 353 (permalink)  

I am really shocked that the waitress did that Carlos. I hope someone called her out on that. Alcohol, or some other kind of allergy ~ she could kill someone if she decides to do something like that.

I'm really glad you're OK. And that your car took you to your meeting, and you got to talk it out.

And everything Drake just said.
Old 01-08-2016, 07:01 PM
  # 354 (permalink)  

LDT - Congrats on 3 years!

Carlos - Another testament to your program is that you don't see your lack of response to the booze as a carte blanche invitation to drinking "in moderation."

Today at work I was party to letting someone go. While it was due to heavily documented performance issues, it felt horrible, and afterwards I thought about drinking.

Fortunately, my response was NO. All of the good things happening on my life can be tied back to sobriety and recovery. I'm not willing to lose it all over booze.

Instead I conduced myself with as much humility and dignity as I could. I didn't make this person's job loss about me. I went to a meeting, where I shared my strength and experience, so that I might be able to give away what's been given to me.

Hope all is well, Overs!
Old 01-08-2016, 07:55 PM
  # 355 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry for what happened Carlos but I'm really glad it hasn't unsettled you or your recovery

Forward we go...
D
Old 01-08-2016, 08:41 PM
  # 356 (permalink)  
Wu Wei

Originally Posted by IWLSAST View Post
Well, I drank alcohol last night. That's right, 31 months and 4 days

But you didn't make a decision to drink, it was an accident, or at least someone's else's decision. And you went right to a meeting. And you didn't get drunk. You didn't fall off the wagon, you proved that your program is working. This is bound to happen once in a while. Unfortunate, but inevitable in an imperfect world. Congratulations on your 31 months and 5 days sobriety
Old 01-08-2016, 09:17 PM
  # 357 (permalink)  
Magsie

Carlos - a million!

Booze - 0!

Good on you Carlos
Old 01-08-2016, 10:33 PM
  # 358 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs, hope you're all well!

We've got a big lotto tonight so I've been putting my tickets on as I received an email to get em on early ( good advertising ploy!) as they're expecting to sell 400 tickets a second in the last hour of sales! Gulp. That's some money and a lot of dreams.

I love the mornings I don't go to work. Me time, hubby in bed, cat sat at my side and just relaxing with a cuppa or three.

I'm drawn to the family and friends threads sometimes. Unsure if it's because we went through it with my dad as kids and I can relate to some. The people who give advice are so full of wisdom, you can see how it helps people enormously, we'll all the forums do, too.

This really is a great site and I'm pleased to be a part of it. I really hope it stays forever, it is helping so many people.

Procrastinating, that's what I'm doing a lot of and I have to get out of it. Again, I'm using the excuse that the tablets have taken away my 'get-up-and-go'. Hopefully, it will jump back in me some day soon. But like the slimming world lady said. ' I have a candle in my hand - try to blow it out. So we all tried to blow the candle out. No? How can you blow it out? By getting on your feet and walking to the candle! Easy!' Unsure if it was Dee what said this once ' if there isn't a light at the end of the tunnel, go light it' Classic words.

Hi toots, not seen you, hope you're keeping ok.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:51 PM
  # 359 (permalink)  
Administrator

not one of mine Mags but I like it

D
Old 01-09-2016, 12:18 AM
  # 360 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Originally Posted by EternalNow View Post
But you didn't make a decision to drink, it was an accident, or at least someone's else's decision. And you went right to a meeting. And you didn't get drunk. You didn't fall off the wagon, you proved that your program is working. This is bound to happen once in a while. Unfortunate, but inevitable in an imperfect world. Congratulations on your 31 months and 5 days sobriety
Perfectly said Eternal.

Hi Mags, had a migraine yesterday so spent the day doped up in bed feeling sorry for myself I actually woke up with it, and in my fuzzy state thought " I'm never drinking that brand of red wine again"!!! Yup, thought I was hungover! Woke proper and realised what it was.

Hope all y'all are ok, got ta go to work will try to check in later x