Notices

One Year & Over Part 33

Old 01-09-2016, 01:31 AM
  # 361 (permalink)  

Mags - I have my ticket at the ready for tonight - lol!

Carlos - that is a somewhat shocking thing to have happened. I am glad you got right back on the horse at your meeting

Me - all good, just keeping busy, keeping out of trouble!
Old 01-09-2016, 02:41 AM
  # 362 (permalink)  

Carlos, what everyone has said. What a shock that must have been! It's a good reminder that it can happen to anyone at anytime and it's why we work so hard on remaking ourselves into the people we want to be. That's the best defense we have against the AV.

Good owning all!
Old 01-09-2016, 03:35 AM
  # 363 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Carlos, I feel bad for you, bud, but it WAS an accident. The waitress should NOT have done that! You did the right thing in that situation and it's a good reminder that we all need to stay vigilant in our recovery. Thanks for sharing.

Have a great Saturday, gang!
Old 01-09-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 364 (permalink)  

HI All

Oh my, running so late for a 7 am class -

Will post more later...

Just wanted to THANK all of you for your kind words and thoughts..

Warmed my heart !!!

Carlos xx
Old 01-09-2016, 04:07 AM
  # 365 (permalink)  
Magsie

Pleased you're feeling better, toots!
Old 01-09-2016, 04:44 AM
  # 366 (permalink)  

carlos, happy to hear your spiritualy fit, and working the on a daily basis bit!
Old 01-09-2016, 05:18 AM
  # 367 (permalink)  

Hi Over-Undies

I'm just nipping in quickly to wish you all a good weekend.

Dee, good luck today, I hope all goes well for you.

LDT, I'm overjoyed at seeing you here. I'm glad you're well and I can't wait to hear about your little dogs shinnanigans.

Carlos, I'm so sorry for what happened to you, how shocking, however it wasn't something that you planned, it was something that happened that was completely out of your control so don't go beating yourself up about it. You handled it extremely well and I admire your honesty for even telling us about it here.

Toots, I hope you are much better now, migraines are horrible. I've missed you. Look after yourself and have a good week end.

Back soon

Love to you all

Gxxx
Old 01-09-2016, 05:26 AM
  # 368 (permalink)  
Do your best

Afternoon guys just bk in from shopping missed the rain as soon as we got in it started raining - bought the birds some new treats & Glen some too

mrs sw bought me some books recently but the last 3 have been a book I read already but the title was changed 4 times so have to make 3 returns

Enjoying the weekend feel a bit tired tho
Old 01-09-2016, 06:19 AM
  # 369 (permalink)  

HI all, it's the weekend!!!!!

LDT: Congrats on three years! It's so awesome to see you here! What kind of dog did you get, another duck toller? I can't find the original post. YOu should go say hi to Ghosty in the Heaters thread.

They had to empty my septic tank which was overflowing and then clear the pipes because everything stopped draining in my place. Yeesh.

So I got a call yesterday from the music director at the radio station, and I miss it so I just get the text readout of his voice mail message, it reads along the lines of "I'm sorry sorry but unfortunately the format of your show, the retail stores have complained....etc". So I immediately call him back, thinking they're going to cancel me, already anticipating how I'm going to deal with it. But he gets on the phone and after a moment of confusion explains that my show is an "active" show which means listeners actively listen to me and the music, and some retail shops in town have said they don't like it (which I ABSOLUTELY take as a compliment!!!), so they're MOVING it to a more suitable time slot, Sundays at 6 p.m.! Fine by me! Can you imagine how relieved I was. He said it's a good show and the director of the station really likes it.
Anyhoo, the conclusion of the story is, my show is now at 6pm MST, Sundays.
Yesterday I went in and recorded it in under two hours, start to finish. Both of my talking breaks are pretty ad-libbed one-takes, and I am REALLY proud of that.
The first three were awful, recording and re-recording, ugh.
And I'm actually quite proud of this one.
Anyway if anyone doesn't have the link who wants to hear it, PM me!
I think I'll need to fill my feeder today. They go through it like crazy.
I talked to the local bird biologist yesterday for a story. They did a Christmas Bird Count here.
I spent the week panicking about everything. Once again everything is fine.
Carlos! That sucks that you drank that vodka....how did it taste? HAHA. Kidding.
I think about drinking wistfully now, as something that will never, never happen again.
I sometimes picture retiring on a tropical island, rich, with nothing left to accomplish in my life. And I picture getting drunk sipping cocktails every day, how wonderful it would be. But even that fantasy, I can't help but play the tape through. I would last three days of yaaaayyyyy, before it would become awful. Because I can't help but kill myself with alcohol. It is never "just fun", never was, and never will be.
Today I chop firewood. And work on layout of the magazine.
Life is good, you know. It really is. I've had three nights of proper sleep. Amazing, I feel like a different person.
Old 01-09-2016, 12:57 PM
  # 370 (permalink)  

Congrats on the success of your show, IP!
Old 01-09-2016, 12:58 PM
  # 371 (permalink)  

Hmm InPar, glad you took that fantasy to the logical conclusion. Because the "wistful" part sounded worrisome. There's a story in the Big Book about a man who goes back out there after living a 'successful life', and dies very quickly.

Really glad to hear your show is so popular, and yes please I would love the link. I'm behind...still trying to listen to FBL's show from ages ago.

wolfie love, I've seen a few really good movies...Burnt (Bradley Cooper, set in London), and The Intern (De Niro and Ann Hathaway). That one was lovely all, a feel-good movie to the max.

Love to all the Overs. ♥
Old 01-09-2016, 01:00 PM
  # 372 (permalink)  

Good morning GD

(Still waking up here).
Old 01-09-2016, 01:57 PM
  # 373 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 01-09-2016, 07:23 PM
  # 374 (permalink)  

Hi Overs

2.55 a.m and I can't sleep so thought I may as well check in here for a while. The other half is suffering with his asthma at the the minute and although he's asleep he's coughing and spluttering and when he's not doing that he's snoring! The pillow keeps waving at me to hold it over his head so I thought I best escape for a while!( Only joking). It's pouring down with rain, I don't know where it's all coming from, we've had more than our fair share this year and we're only in January. We've been really lucky where we live, parts of the town has been flooded but not where we are. I feel so sorry for those who have been affected, it must be soul destroying, water causes an unbelievable amount of damage and the insurance companies don't rush to pay out.
Bit of a pain that Soberwolf re the books. Hope you get a good nights sleep, a better one than mine anyway!

Fabulous news re your music show I.P, I'm really pleased for you. Excellent stuff. You're sounding much happier in yourself too, which is great. Things can only get better.xx

Have a good weekend G.H day.

Hope you're enjoying your week end V.C.

Okay I'm going upstairs to bed now to try again. Wish me luck.

G.xx
Old 01-10-2016, 01:42 AM
  # 375 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

Hi guys,

Great news on the radio show IP, I am extremely jealous!

I've been wondering about our north of Britain Overs, with all the rain. I am lucky, we live up a hill so no danger of flooding. Trench Foot however is a very real threat! Like you Grace I am heartily sick to the back teeth of all this precipitation!

Wolfie, annoying about the books, at least you got them changed. Are you in a library? Nowadays you can order any book that the library stocks and they are putting more and more of them online. That said, I just read fluff these days so tend to collect freebie online books. I don't feel the need for anything deep at the moment.
I thought of you when I got my migraine, I don't get them often, and tend to forget the level of pain. You seem to get a lot of them, have you had it checked out?
Not to say that I am fixated or anything ( I have no intention of stalking you its just too much effort) but every time I hear Werewolves of London on my jogging playlist I think of you!!
Grace, I hear you sweetie ( over the noise of hubby snuffling and snoring.) I am amazed more women aren't driven to manslaughter through sleepless nights! ( okay guys, I know one of you smartarses are going to tell me your wife sounds like a Mack truck hauling tonnage up a hill, but let's face it - it's usually the man! )

Anyhoo, this old tart has to go for a run between rain showers as its freezing cold enough without getting soaked, so off I go. Just getting out of bed now. Might have one more coffee first then I'm right at it. Oh bugger.
Old 01-10-2016, 03:32 AM
  # 376 (permalink)  
Do your best

Your a great friend Toots the migraines are not so bad anymore I think it was just a random one I have mentioned it to my Dr no harm in me asking again so thank you Toots xx & yes the book thing was annoying lol but we can return some but the rest isn't worth returning they were cheap as chips were talking pennies well I could give them as gifts its a good book ?

We refilled the feeders again yesterday & the birds are happy, bit of sun out with the cold not sure if were going out today going to have breakfast soon & make a decision

Spk after Overs hope you all have a good day
Old 01-10-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 377 (permalink)  

Good morning Overs and a happy Sunday.

It's 11.10, I'm running on about 2 hours sleep, feeling okay at the minute but no doubt it will catch up on me later. The other half has gone to work, though in my opinion he isn't fit to, his chest is terrible and he's just finished a course of anti-biotics for a chest infection. I don't know, for a big lad, he has more than his share of ailments. Dont think all this damp weather helps. He doesn't suffer in silence either! Considering he is very quietly spoken, he has the loudest coughs, sneezes, splutters, snorts and snores etc that I've ever heard!!

Well anyway, it's not raining at the moment and it's a bit blowy so I may peg some washing out. Our live in G.son ( aged 6) is spending the day with daddy so I'm home alone for now. At one time it would have been an excuse to neck a sneaky bottle of wine and sleep all afternoon, today I will be changing the bedding, sorting out my wardrobe ( I need a clear out) and doing some cooking. I've joined a slimming club so I'm all into healthy eating at the moment. I love the productivity that sobriety has brought me.

I'm glad you've posted Toots my fellow old tart, I was beginning to get worried about you. I know you had a migraine the other day and they are so debilitating. I'm relieved to hear you're feeling better.
I'm just reading 'fluff' as you call it at the moment too. I love reading and read loads but sometimes its good to read something that doesn't take too much concentration.

Well that's my moaning over for now, better go and do a bit.

Catch up again later.

Stay safe and sober

Gxxxx
Old 01-10-2016, 03:42 AM
  # 378 (permalink)  

Good morning S.Wolf, our posts must have crossed.

I've sent for my bird watch pack.

Spotted sitting on my neighbours garden fence. I believe it's a sparrow hawk. ( I'm such an anorak!)

Enjoy the rest of your day. x
Old 01-10-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 379 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Great news about the radio show, IP! I told ya it would work out

Winter is back for sure. The rain we had yesterday turned to snow overnight and the windchill is -5F and dropping fast. My windshield wipers were frozen solid and when I pried the one off the windshield this morning it broke off in my hand. Will try to fix it later today, otherwise I'll have to buy a new pair. Fun times.

Have a great Sunday, all!
Old 01-10-2016, 05:54 AM
  # 380 (permalink)  

Wow, Grace, I identify with so much of what you are saying. My husband coughed his way through the night and had to get up very early for work this morning. I don't go back to work until tomorrow so I slept in.

It was raining hard and cold last night too, which didn't help.

I need to lose a little weight that I put on over the holidays. I should really go for a run today since it isn't so cold, but I am not feeling very motivated right now. Maybe after another cup of coffee.

I need to go shopping today since the cupboard is bare. I got most of the washing done yesterday after we went car shopping. I have a car picked out, but it won't be ready for pickup until later this week.

Reading The Girl on the Train this weekend. I am enjoying the book. I liked Gone Girl, and this book is similar, but it is set in London.