Notices

One Year & Over Part 33

Old 01-03-2016, 08:57 PM
  # 241 (permalink)  
Magsie

Morning overs

We have potato gratin, which sounds similar to your potato galette, drake. We have cream in it also and it is cooked in the oven.

Good point, GH, bite size pieces of work! I will try to remember that when I'm being pressed from all angles later on at work.

I loved mash too! They were a great pair trapper and hawkeye and the rest of them, too! I did love the music to it, wasn't it 'Suicide is Painless', loved it!

Why is it that some pieces of music haunt us and that they will stay with us forever. I have a few pieces, mash is one of them, that take me to that place , not sure where, almost like being in the mothers womb, if I can say that. Classic.

Well I woke up anxious and after working out it was that day, first back to work after a few weeks off, my mind was racing on about stuff that doesn't concern me. I was doing my controlling thoughts again! I'm going to read co-dependency again, I think!

At the asthma nurse again today. I'm hoping she will give me a nebuliser to use at home. Can't be doing with these mind altering drugs they give me, send me nuts!

Hope it's a good Monday for all, it's lovely to see so many overs here and apologies for not saying hi to each of yours names, it takes me a while nowadays for names to sink in!
Old 01-03-2016, 09:02 PM
  # 242 (permalink)  

I didn't realise your asthma was that bad Mags.
I hope they can give you a nebuliser to use at home, or perhaps you can buy one from a pharmacy?

That song....it haunts many people I think. Eerily beautiful, and yet I questioned it all my life. I didn't know that a 14-year old wrote it. Very interesting.

“Song from M*A*S*H (Suicide Is Painless)” is a song written by Johnny Mandel (music) and Mike Altman (lyrics), which was the theme song for both the movie and TV series M*A*S*H. Mike Altman is the son of the original film’s director, Robert Altman, and was 14 years old when he wrote the song’s lyrics. During an appearance on The Tonight Show Starring Johnny Carson in the 1980s, Robert Altman said that while he only made $70,000 for having directed the movie, his son had earned more than $1 million for having co-written the song.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:28 PM
  # 243 (permalink)  

Mags, hope you get that nebuliser! They help a lot don't they? This falls under sad but funny... My uncle had als. One of the things that happens is it gets harder to breathe. He had a nebuliser, and he called it his peace pipe. He'd make a big show of using his "peace pipe."

Venus, what you did with mash, I did with Star Trek. Until very recently, I had every episode on vhs, recorded by me, and I lovingly hand dubbed out the commercials too! It's a pain but very rewarding. Lol

Well it's my last night hanging out with my brother and his little family. It always goes so fast. I love them so very much!

We are selling my partners house, and we finally got some serious nibbles. If we are really lucky, they'll do a bidding war and we'll get close to our original asking price. It's a great house, we worked so hard on the garden,one of the interested parties wants to turn it into a community center that teaches yoga and gardening. How cool would that be?

Hope you are all having a great night!
Old 01-03-2016, 09:33 PM
  # 244 (permalink)  

I did it with Star Trek as well wehav.
It's 2016, and I still have a whole pile of video tapes sitting here....people laugh at me.
I also have Roger Waters and co when the wall came down....now that was magic.

How fantastic if this nibble becomes a bite wehav. And yes, it would be fantastic to have your ex-home turned into a yoga and gardening center!
Old 01-03-2016, 09:44 PM
  # 245 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sounds good wehav, it's always good to have a community centre at the heart!

Thanks wehav and V , I like the phrase peace pipe. I think I will borrow that term when I get my ventolin out, it can be a bit embarrassing if in public!

I think it's good your getting the films, series, off your video tapes and putting on dvd! Nice one, V and wehav!

Have a good Monday overs!

Whoops! I went in the bathroom to have a shower etc and I couldn't turn the cold tap off at the sink! I had to wake hubby to do something and it was 5.20 am! He's gone back to bed but I don't know what the outcome is, he didn't tell me, he's not a morning person! I kept out of the way!
Old 01-03-2016, 09:59 PM
  # 246 (permalink)  

Ooooo handy husband.
Would he have had a new washer on hand?

No digitising Mags ~ the video tapes are all still here, And there's no point, as it's so cheap to buy them all on DVD now. Cheaper than it would cost me to digitise.
Old 01-03-2016, 10:47 PM
  # 247 (permalink)  
Magsie

Oh so you watch the videos, V? Silly me!

All well with the tap. I did notice he used my tin of tools( unsure if there were washers in their,mthough) I have collected over time in the kitchen, rather than getting his from the shed!
Old 01-04-2016, 03:36 AM
  # 248 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs
Old 01-04-2016, 03:43 AM
  # 249 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

Have a great Monday, overs!
Old 01-04-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 250 (permalink)  

Argggh I've lost my bloody post 3 times now, I'll come back later and start again.

Have a good day all of you.

Lovely to see you Carlos. xxxx

Gxxxxx
Old 01-04-2016, 06:18 AM
  # 251 (permalink)  

Yeah so, irony, I wrote a tip about how not to lose posts, and then I lost my post. Pressed some weird combo of keys and the browser shot back three pages into my history. What the heck?

Anyway, the tip, (which I just did), is to select your text and copy it before you post, so if you lose it you can just "paste" it into a new post.

You can do it quickly by pressing "command-A then command-C" on a mac.

I had my heart broken over the holiday. Bad luck in love. I think I am not meant to meet anyone here.

I am starting to plan my next move. I've almost made it to a year at this job which was my goal, and this small town life is starting to get to me. I LOVE where I live right now, so if I got another job that paid well I would stay. But the job, the people I work for, I can't do it anymore, it just doesn't pay enough and I'm tired of just getting by. Also, I'm starting to think about my next travel goal.

Have a lovely day Overs. It's -19 here! -2F. The locals have been talking about how "warm" it is lately?

Oh yeah I went to a tobogganing party on New Year's and saw children shoot guns at midnight. Yeah. Northern Life.
Old 01-04-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 252 (permalink)  
Magsie

Sorry your heart broke Inpar. It does mend, amazingly. What we put our hearts through and still it keeps beating on. Be strong, my friend. There is love out there for you and it will find you when you least expect it to. xx
Old 01-04-2016, 12:33 PM
  # 253 (permalink)  

Absolutely InPar, what Mags said!

My guy (who I thought was the love of my life) abandoned me cruelly last year, exactly when my dad died. And I mean really abandoned, like refused to ever speak to me again for reasons that I will never know.

My point is, I no longer care. Really. My broken heart has healed. And (after I get rid of some pesky pounds), I look forward to putting myself out there again.

I believe that every 'try' is practice for the right relationship. Kind of like Edison and the lightbulb.

I use the Ctrl A & C trick as well if my modem is playing up, but I have never actually lost a post. Never. Perhaps until now....

Love to all of the Overs. ♥
Old 01-04-2016, 03:18 PM
  # 254 (permalink)  

Oh, Venuscat, that is terrible about your partner leaving you at the same time that your father died. I have been in a stable marriage for the past 20 years, but my love life was nothing but strife and chaos for the 15 years before then.

IP, I'm sorry about your relationship ending over the holidays. I think that happens frequently as people reassess their lives then. Good luck with your job search.

I had more trouble focusing at work today than I expected even though I set modest goals for myself. Even without holidays, Mondays are difficult for me. I can never seem to remember where I left my brain.
Old 01-04-2016, 04:07 PM
  # 255 (permalink)  
Magsie

Nasty Pasty man, V! Hope he gets his just desserts!
Old 01-04-2016, 04:12 PM
  # 256 (permalink)  

My mum and I used to do this...gosh I miss her....

nasty pasty
mean bean
sly pie
savage cabbage....

And yep, I know pies aren't vegetables.
And I'm not sure why it was always so funny...maybe you have to hear it in a Glaswegian accent.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:02 PM
  # 257 (permalink)  
Magsie

Haha, I like it! Not heard the whole poem before! Thanks V .

I think we will always miss our mums, heck we was attached with the umbilical, strongest bond I know. But we have them, here in our hearts, forever. Nothing can take that away.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:58 PM
  # 258 (permalink)  

I keep thinking about calling my mom, but something just won't allow me to. I don't know if I'll ever be able to. It's sad but I just can't seem to forgive her.

I love your love advice, thank you gals. "I believe that every 'try' is practice for the right relationship. Kind of like Edison and the lightbulb." I especially like that, thank you Venus. I'm so sorry you had that experience. I guess I shouldn't feel too bad about this. It was an intense start that burned out quickly and yes, rather cruelly. But it's not like we even knew each other very well.

It just never seems to get easier when someone you had hopes about disappoints you.

I will survive!
Old 01-04-2016, 06:10 PM
  # 259 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry about the heartbreak IP - I hope Mr Right is not too far away

D
Old 01-04-2016, 06:38 PM
  # 260 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
It just never seems to get easier when someone you had hopes about disappoints you.

I will survive!
It just occurred to me that I was insensitive this morning....I didn't mean to be. So I'm sending huge hugs. ♥