One Year & Over Part 33

Old 01-14-2016, 03:17 PM
  # 481 (permalink)  
Magsie

Congratulations toots!

Lovely RV, MesaMan!
Old 01-14-2016, 04:47 PM
  # 482 (permalink)  

Toooots!! Congrats on 2 years and 10 months!! Wooohooo!

Well, I'm not having a **** day today so that makes it infinitely better. my partner and I both calmed down. She's coming over tomorrow. In a little over a week we'll be living together, this will be one of the last times we "visit" . We have been together almost 11 years, married 6 months, it's about Ike we shacked up. Lol
Old 01-14-2016, 04:48 PM
  # 483 (permalink)  

Time, about time! I swear I must be the queen of typos. Thank god I have a real keyboard at work!
Old 01-15-2016, 12:33 AM
  # 484 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Congrats Wolf!

Congrats Toots!

Sorry for your group's loss FG.

LDT,
There's some balls and such going on I see on the news. Like the holiday shopping season we stay away from Shreveport and Bossier during Mardi Gras. You and me think alike. Been there, done that, got the T-Shirt and the beads.

I hear ya V! Sad.

Mesa,
Nice rig. Nice Boonedock spot. Northwood is likely the best remaining manufacturer of four season and high carrying capacity TTs and fivers left today after the last recession caused the old best to go under or get bought out. I like their Arctic Fox 5th wheel rigs. We full timed on my first retirement at 45 for 7years. We came off the road to care for aging parents. We had a HitchHiker and then a Challenger, both much bigger than the weekend rig we have now, a 2003 Sunnybrook 2850XL fifth wheel. Great shape! We did replace the rubber roof just to be safe.

Drake, great news about your friend too!

FBL,
I actually bought tickets too. It is a tax on the math impaired, I know that. But there are some cultural follies it's worth $20 just to be part of the madness and excitement. Had I won nothing would change. I wouldn't quit work because I'm a Seenager! I would have invested half, bought two Teslas, a loaded model X AWD, and a Model S P85 with ludicrous mode. I'd install 30kw of solar, and 30kw Powerwall batteries to store the excess for total energy independence. Pave my long gravel drive, fence the whole 5 acres, and build one more 30X40' steel building with slab for a workshop. Whew!

We,
So happy for you! Yay!

IP,

I'm fine just head down in computer setups, refurbishing, and getting support from companies that get serious when the BBB complaint comes in I filed. I got a call from the office of the President of Intuit that got me fast resolution to my issues with Quicken on my new system.

We have a late late show here from11:30PM-12:30AM hosted by a Brit James Cordon. If y'all don't know who he is, you will. Anyway he does a bit called carpool karaoke where he gets recording stars to sing their hits while he sings along AND drives. He did Adele yesterday. James is one of the most talented singers and entertainer. Here is the full 14 minute video. It is a must watch. He shocked Adele with his vocal range and control too! Enjoy:
Adele Raps Nicki Minaj and Sings Spice Girls in Epic Carpool Karaoke Session - The Daily Beast

Now see why I stay up till 3 and sleep in till 11?

Nite all and all I missed.
Old 01-15-2016, 12:44 AM
  # 485 (permalink)  
Re-Member

BTW, for our friends from the less Cajun/Catholic cultures Mardi is French for Tuesday, and Gras is French for fat/grease. The rest of what it is and why is here in Wiki:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mardi_Gras
Old 01-15-2016, 01:04 AM
  # 486 (permalink)  
Living and Loving Life at Last

IT would have been amazing to be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras, but we had a wonderful time there anyway. I love the feel of the place, though I was a little depressed to see the level Bourbon Street had sunk to. I have to say that in all the places I visited in America, Bourbon Street on a Saturday night was the nearest I saw to British town on a Friday night in the level of drunken carousing. I did get to enjoy it another night and find some of the hidden gems still around.

FG sorry about your friend. It does remind us that we get one go around at this life and we have to make the most of every day, we don't know if it's going to be our last.

Itchy James Corden is a talented guy, he came to my notice in a show called Gavin and Stacey from a few years back which he co wrote and co-starred in. You may get to see it on YT. He is also on a degenerate sports panel show ( or was).

If I wore the lottery, everything would change! Except my sobriety!!
Hugs all X
Old 01-15-2016, 03:33 AM
  # 487 (permalink)  
FBL
non-drinker

FG, sorry for your loss.

Toots, I'll add my congrats on your sober time.

Last day of warm weather (35F) before the Polar Express comes thru again this weekend.

Have a great Friday, gang!
Old 01-15-2016, 04:03 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hello Overs
Old 01-15-2016, 04:08 AM
  # 489 (permalink)  
Administrator

Time for a new thread:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...part-34-a.html

D