SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   One Year & Over Part 33 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/381486-one-year-over-part-33-a.html)

Dee74 12-23-2015 04:54 PM

One Year & Over Part 33

last part here

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-32-a-20.html

D

Saskia 12-23-2015 05:10 PM

Shotgun!!!

Saskia 12-23-2015 05:12 PM

Thanks, Dee - I think it has been a few years since my last shotgun :-). I still remember the cool wheels of Pink Elephant's that I got to drive.

Itchy, that was a hilarious post, I'm still laughing! :lmao

Happy holidays to all!

DrakeCKC 12-23-2015 05:27 PM

Christmas Eve eve... if that is a valid concept. Have most things done, lucky I do not have to buy for a huge family or lots of people. I told my son all I want is salad dressing he can get in St Louis ( a local restaurant brand) and a special bottle of olive oil. I am easy to please.

Used to be I gave lots of booze and got it back as well.

Having Christmas dinner at my "family of choice" which I have done for the past 4-5 years. We have a theme each year, something non-traditional and fun. Last year was tapas and then a big paella for dinner. This year is sushi and then soba noodles and shrimp, seaweed salad and vegetable tempura. Green tea and sweet bean ice cream for dessert.

Weather had been unseasonably warm, but has dropped a lot this PM.

I am going to enjoy a glass of eggnog (my weakness, but not with rum as I usually did) and finish a writing project I have.

All from here!

:grouphug:

Itchy 12-23-2015 06:37 PM

Oops forgot Snoozy the doozy!
Hey kiddo!

In all honesty, no one can give us joy, peace, or love. Only my sobriety made it possible again.

I have no control over alcohol, I admitted that and it pixed me off enough to make up my mind to put it down for good.

I do however have total control over my sobriety. And like the self-respect I took back with my sobriety, I will never relinquish them again. I have complete control of my sobriety because by definition I am NOT under the influence of any substance.

Thanks guys for taking my journey with me too.

Now, could you pass the whirled peas please?

Mags1 12-24-2015 01:03 AM

Morning overs

Nicely said itchy.

Thanks for the new thread, Dee.

Soberwolf 12-24-2015 02:54 AM

Thanks D

Hello Overs wishing everyone a nice Christmas

FBL 12-24-2015 04:21 AM

I'm just about ready to hit the road. Driving to Minnesota (700 miles round-trip) to spend X-mas with the family. Last year was pretty subdued because of Dad's passing, so this year should be a little more upbeat. Will get Mom over to my brother's house for get-togethers both tonight and tomorrow.

Wishing a Very Merry Crimble to all the overs!

DrakeCKC 12-24-2015 04:29 AM

Sigh... the top lights on my pre-lit Christmas tree are out. :headbange I am just fussy enough to go out and get a set and string it on the tree. Maybe.

:Xmasta

Got cooler late yesterday, but still supposed to be in 50's (10c) for the next few days. Hope for a quiet day and then Midnight Mass tonight. First time in years no Christmas singing... sort of missed it.. sort of didn't.

If I don't get back on :Xmasmca to all the Overs!

DrakeCKC 12-24-2015 04:29 AM

Thanks Wolf!

Safe travels FBL!

Rusty Zipper 12-24-2015 04:59 AM

thanks for the new part dee

fbl, i remember cbs & those tunes

drake, go get the new lights!

cant have a half-lit tree!

just as when we were drunk, all or nothing! lol

Soberwolf 12-24-2015 06:08 AM

Havnt decided on dinner yet better call Mrs SW see if she has any ideas

Saskia 12-24-2015 06:19 AM

This has got to be my all time holiday laziness record. :dee

Happy holidays, Overs!

:Xmaselfb

InParticular 12-24-2015 07:38 AM

My dad's wife's parents from Quebec have arrived. They are so nice but don't speak english very well. :)
Merry Christmas everyone.
And Festivus for the rest of us. :lmao

Soberwolf 12-24-2015 08:05 AM

Happy festivus IP x

I'm watching a brilliant doc I saw last year snow wolf family and me & now thier playing a brand new episode updating

It's filmed in Canada's ellesmere island in the Canadian artic

MesaMan 12-24-2015 08:12 AM

Had to...

- 'Festivus' ~ Seinfeld - Time: 3:08 -

Saskia 12-24-2015 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by mesaman (Post 5705418)

lol :-)

tootsl1 12-24-2015 09:13 AM

Never having been a Seinfeld fan ( sorry but the guys whiny voice just irritated me too much!) I hadn't heard of Festivus... Might celebrate it next year!

Hubby is back from the dead! Yay! I'm starting to cough... Boo! Off to sons new house tonight for a curry, that should clear the sinuses.

Sass I hope you are back to Sassiness now you are off the tablets.

Mags, had Mr Mags recovered?

Wolfie what did you have for dinner in the end? You left us hanging!!

Itchy :lmao:

FBL safe travels sweetie.

Dee,thanks for the badge I will try & get one made up for him!

Zip, Mesa, VC, FG, IP, oh heck I know I'll forget someone,, anyhoo consider yourself....

MERRY CHRISTMAS'd!!!!!

Mags1 12-24-2015 09:48 AM

Hi all

Yes, toots, hubby much better, thanks, miracle cure! Pleased Mr T is on the mend, hope your cough keeps at bay! A good spicy curry should do it!

Just wondering whether I can be bothered to see if they're giving owt away at tesco before they close for Christmas Day! It's usually quiet on the roads I think! But maybe not. Truth is, I've no ice cream! I forgot it on my grocery order! Agh.

Hiya Drake, zippy, feeling - good, Inpar, toots, V, Wolfie, Dee, Sassy and all.

Merry Christmas to everyone.

Soberwolf 12-24-2015 11:54 AM

Sorry Toots lol we bought some lamb legs steaks & defrosted a scotch beef steak and griddled them

With that we cut some potato slices & crushed some dried rosemary added smoked paprika & some strings of lemon zest and roasted them in the oven till just crisp

just as the meats were finishing we added grated garlic thin slices of orange bell pepper & really thin onions to char up to go on the side

Just finished doing the dishes it was lovely

on another note when taking Glen for his walk we took some pics of the cold full moon a rare event there are pics on my album but il find better pics tomorrow from professionals

Feeling really happy we watched the snowman & the snowdog its a follow up from the snowman which I loved as a kid I've seen it before 3 yrs ago but things like that make me all christmasy :lmao

This is me & Mrs SW first full Christmas at home & not staying anywhere else bliss !!!