Notices

One Year & Over Part 33

Old 01-11-2016, 03:37 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  

Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.... Because my love for you would break my heart in two.... Tremble like a flower .... Let's Dance ....
R.I.P David Bowie.

Good morning Overs

I hope you all had a good weekend. Its freezing here, had to defrost my car this morning and scrape the ice of the windows. Not the best start to a dark Monday morning....... but it's not raining......yet!
My other half has phoned in work and has just gone to the Doctor's and not before time, it was another bad night with him.

Winter is back here too FBL, it's really cold. Glad you got your wipers sorted, at least you didn't have to pay out.

Hi GHD, I hope you had a better night than I did with your husband, I had another one of cough, cough,cough. We'll see what the doctor has to say today. I'm thinking about taking up running but it's far too cold for me this morning and anyway I need some new trainers first. I may nip into town this week and treat myself. Aww I just read your next post about this mornings trauma, at least the cats okay and no one is hurt. You're doing well and it's good, I think, that you are writing about what is upsetting you, I find writing stuff down can be good therapy. Try and relax and just be kind to yourself today.

I.P, I'm so excited for you at getting your doggie back. Bet you can't wait to take him for a walk. Chopping wood! Now that could be a good stress buster!

Hi Saskia, I'm sorry to hear that you've been down in the dumps and I hope you feel better soon. I too have been down in the dumps for while, I just feel like I'm beginning to see light now at the end of the tunnel. Sometimes I've felt like I've just been going through the motions. I don't think the weather has helped either, all dark mornings, dark evenings and rain, rain, rain. I'll be glad when spring arrives and at least the mornings will be light.

Good morning S.Wolf, have a good day.

Good morning ( or good night) V.C. I hope all is well with you.

Hi Mags and Wehave, sounds like we could have our own 'sufferers from snorer's' thread, lol.

Better go and do a bit of housework.

Stay safe and sober all of you,

Lots of love and thanks for all your support.

Gx
Old 01-11-2016, 03:51 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

Grace, writing it down definitely helped me realize how over the top my reaction was. Luckily, given my past therapy, I understand why I overreact to these types of scares.

Husband coughed up phlegm on me last night -- gross! And I had just changed the sheets on the bed, sigh. But he seems much better now, so hopefully that is behind us.

Very sad about David Bowie. One of my all-time favorite singers.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:00 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Do your best

Just came across this - hillarious

https://youtu.be/kZu5iDTtNg0
Old 01-11-2016, 04:28 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  

inpar, glad to hear your living that dream!
Old 01-11-2016, 04:52 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

Morning all! Cold here too, but not as bad as east and north US. Enough that HRH Olive is not amused at her early morning and late evening garden visits.

I have been trying to get the heated seats working on my old car. Talk about "first world problems." But they seem to have a burnt out element. Thus I am on a mission to get a heated cushion. Ordered one from Amazon, but did not realize it was being shipped from Hong Kong by slow post. May get here mid February.... so I bought one locally and even though the package screams "Fits ALL Cars" it does not.

Still think how such frustrations would make me say "oh well, a cocktail or 12 will solve all that."
Old 01-11-2016, 05:16 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Ohhhh, David Bowie is dead. No. He was really one of my heroes. I don't even really have words right now.

I decided to stay here for three more months for my dog, then move back to Vancouver.
It's been a hard decision to go or stay, because there is a lot here for me. I have a lovely home to myself, I don't spend much money so can probably save better than in the city. In fact I really love it here, it's just hard to admit it I guess because I've lived in the city for so long, and it feels like I'm missing out on all the action being here. But I can have an art studio here, in my house, and I have lots of time to think and do art and relax. In the city it's go, all the time. But I feel pressure from my friends to move back. And yes there is probably more professional opportunity there, but here, I'm a FULL TIME writer, that is almost impossible to find in the city. So really......I don't know. Just feels like, I can't really live here forever, can I? I could find a better job here too, and really start saving money. Oh yeah I'm planning a trip, did I say? So I need to start saving.

Have a good day everyone. I'm off to listen to Hunky Dory and be a bit sad.
Old 01-11-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  

Sad about David Bowie...

Glad that I also live on a hill and have not been directly affected by the flooding of late!

Otherwise, just keeping trucking
Old 01-11-2016, 05:53 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

R.I.P David Bowie!

IP, tough decisions. Some things don't have a single answer and we struggle. I always think of Robert Frost's poem "The a Road Less Travelled" when faced with that dilemma. We end up choosing and either outcome will have pluses and minuses. Are you in a rush or can you take your time?

We, thanks for sharing your perspective. I tend to dread the (now infrequent) flashbacks but your experience has given me some things to think about.

V, I don't have that problem with SR. I don't use the app and just use a browser.

Drake, sorry you are having lots of frustrations. When that happens to me I try to remember that alcohol can only make a bad situation worse.

Grace, yeah - the dark days of winter most definitely affect my mood. At least I know it will get better.

RZ, Wolfie, FBL, Mags, Toots, Itchy, GD and everyone else, have a good day today and every day :-)
Old 01-11-2016, 06:59 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by InParticular View Post
Ohhhh, David Bowie is dead. No. He was really one of my heroes. I don't even really have words right now. I decided to stay here for three more months for my dog, then move back to Vancouver. It's been a hard decision to go or stay, because there is a lot here for me. I have a lovely home to myself, I don't spend much money so can probably save better than in the city. In fact I really love it here, it's just hard to admit it I guess because I've lived in the city for so long, and it feels like I'm missing out on all the action being here. But I can have an art studio here, in my house, and I have lots of time to think and do art and relax. In the city it's go, all the time. But I feel pressure from my friends to move back. And yes there is probably more professional opportunity there, but here, I'm a FULL TIME writer, that is almost impossible to find in the city. So really......I don't know. Just feels like, I can't really live here forever, can I? I could find a better job here too, and really start saving money. Oh yeah I'm planning a trip, did I say? So I need to start saving. Have a good day everyone. I'm off to listen to Hunky Dory and be a bit sad.
I was stunned. It's a sad day.

http://youtu.be/nKmBg-jOYUQ
Old 01-11-2016, 09:42 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  
Magsie

Inpar, I remember when I thought I was missing out on everything, it was anxious times for me. But when I got there , there was always somewhere else to be and this went on and on.

Only age and experience showed me that it was me I was running away from, not chasing dreams.

Happy with your 'precious present' is a wonderful position to be in, because who knows what tomorrow brings.
Old 01-11-2016, 10:18 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hiya IP, FBL, Toots, Mags, Drake, Saskia, Itch, D, Rusty, FG, GnK, Grace & GHD, Andy hope you guys are all ok

Stay awesome
Old 01-11-2016, 01:36 PM
  # 412 (permalink)  
Do your best

Goodnight Overs
Old 01-11-2016, 03:35 PM
  # 413 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Hey all!
I wrote part of a post two days ago on my tablet and turned it off and lost it, Then again started it and forgot and turned it off at bedtime, but this time I just put it to sleep and lo and behold it was still there so another belated post:

LDT!
Hey kiddo! Great to see you again! I noticed you stopped going to HATZ, as I did, and then hardly saw you. I am so proud for you making it to three. I look forward to seeing you more.

Carlos,
I would have had that waitress and her manager out on the carpet and loudly schooled them on exactly what they had done to me! I have several times picked up my wife's scotch water ice and lime juice and tasted the goof as soon as it hit my tongue, and pit it out. No missing scotch and lime with only water. Never swallowed. But in my first six months I was visiting her and her boss at work and they were having wine with lunch and started discussing it. I fell into my oenophile comfort zone, picked up a glass, looked at it swirled, and without thinking almost drank it. Only my wife grabbing my glass and asking what I was doing snapped me out of the routine and I narrowly avoided drinking by mistake. That would have devastated me because I don't have any craving or desire to drink for any reason.

Just like you except mine would have been willingly, not because I wanted a drink, but because I was in the habit of critiquing fine wine. I was on full brain fart auto pilot. When my wife stopped me I was so grateful to be reminded that I didn't drink anymore, before I blew my time in.

IP I can't wait to hear how your pup makes it in. I only got to listen to one of your shows thus far. We've had rough weather and I got some roof shingle damage on my new house. Fixed it, got gravel loads of SB2 crushed granite (gravel) in the 2-3 inch big size, and had my new gutters on the house clog up and had to get up there with my son who can still bend and squat, and install gutter guard screening, between cold fronts rains. We went from 80s to high of 50 in 24 hours then back then now cold again with hard freezes.

Wolf and Dee, Zip and V, FBL and Toots, Drake and FG, Mags and Sassy, Grace and everyone else, please excuse my tardiness in answering. Life is taking me away more time than I used to have for online.

One Twitter animator made this great little animation showing all of Bowie's sides through his terrific career. No more Ziggy, he is Stardust!
https://twitter.com/mikewhills/statu...912448/photo/1
I really find I want to spend all my time here.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:28 PM
  # 414 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi overs. It's 19 minutes past midnight and I have things on my mind. I keep going over a silly email which annoyed me and don't seem to be able to let it go! In the big picture of things it's nothing but I'm having trouble getting my brain to understand that. I feel what bothers me the most is I have no support from hubby. I think I must take some things too seriously. But if you are that sort of person how do you not?

On a lighter note, I popped to shop at lunch today and passed an offer of echo falls wine, one of which I used to drink. Well I imagined drinking it and it revolted me, the thought of drinking wine! Yak! Never had that feeling before.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:31 PM
  # 415 (permalink)  

Mags, I sometimes let things get to me more than I logically should. I have learned that my brain will obsess on what it chooses to obsess. I have learned to just ride it out. Eventually, other things become more important and I let go.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:34 PM
  # 416 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks GHD that's what it's doing, obsessing. I'll ride it out, heck if we can stop drinking I'm sure I can get through this. Thanks again.
Old 01-11-2016, 04:44 PM
  # 417 (permalink)  

(((Mags))), yes you can :-)
Old 01-11-2016, 04:49 PM
  # 418 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks sassy x
Old 01-11-2016, 07:30 PM
  # 419 (permalink)  
Re-Member

Mags,
No you can't,
(Obsess that is.)
I let it all hang out and feel better. Doing this, posting, can be all it takes to get it out of your system. Don't ever stop being you kiddo, it's all we got!
Old 01-11-2016, 09:56 PM
  # 420 (permalink)  
Magsie

Thanks itchy and you're right! Writing it down here helps enormously.