Notices

Class of October 2014 Part 24

Old 12-23-2015, 06:53 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Thinking of you now, V. Watching a re-broadcast of the Adele special concert broadcast. The kids had not seen it. She's so delightful and humble!

I'm pooped. Made tons of cookies he last few days, wrapped, shopped, and put the same load of laundry though 3 times, lol, due to all the other distractions. The kids enjoyed decorating cookies this evening.

Lots to clean, but going to save it to tomorrow. Back is cranky.

Briar, you are so strong. I know you can deal with this, but I get that your tired of dealing with things. It's an extension of your addictions. I deal with food issues, but more binge related. Enough that I was once very overweight, and diagnosed with diabetes. Opposite but similar. Eating is tricky. We must eat. We don't have to drink alcohol. Imagine having to control alcohol the way we have to control eating. How many of us could drink in perfect moderation the way we should eat? So, eating issues have that added challenge. It cannot be total abstinence. We have to eat. But, I know you can conquer this.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:54 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Goodnight, Octsobers.

See you tomorrow.

Love to all.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:55 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Administrator

Wishing everyone a lovely holiday season

D
Old 12-23-2015, 06:59 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mark1014 View Post
Congrats on the good lease news V. That's so helpful for budgeting.

I've done very little in the way of boating. Motion sickness takes the fun out of it for this guy.

Me too! And, I LOVE the ocean and water and sailing.
Old 12-23-2015, 07:12 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Gosh, lots of good points there about food issues phoebe. I'd never thought of that. I have no doubt that I could moderate alcohol......for a while. I also have no doubt that I after a while I'd be back to my old ways. So it's great that we don't have to drink alcohol.

Pooped out here too, but looking forward to an early gym session tomorrow and then just chillin' before guests arrive here tomorrow evening.

I've been having some nice visits with my grandma in my dreams these last two nights, so I'm hoping she'll meet me again tonight. I miss her. Good night gang.
Old 12-23-2015, 09:28 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Those dreams are such a boost, aren't they? My granny visited my dream the other night. I woke up with such a peaceful heart. I'd love another visit with her soon.

Very insightful, Phoebe! And I see a correlation as well.

Venus, Your holiday plans sound fantastic. A movie marathon sounds like so much fun.

Tomorrow, I'm committing to my Star Wars pajamas until,someone forces me to put on grown up clothes. lol. This gal is officially exhausted. Hopefully, I'll catch up on sleep tonight. Gnight all!
Old 12-23-2015, 09:33 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  

Why am I now imagining you walking around the house with a lightsaber Conquest?

All of your plans sound lovely ~ I hope it is a joyous and peaceful time for all of us.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:09 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I am hoping to pace myself today. Guests arrive at 6. Conquest, I will be making the little hot dogs. They are always popular. I have a flank steak marinating; the asian meatballs, white bean crostini, spinach dip and shrimp bisque are done. Veggies are cut for the crudite. Pandora is all set for the TV with tons of Christmas music. I plan on some relaxing today-I earned it! Adele will keep me company later.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:17 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas to our Aussies.

Happy Christmas Eve.

Super busy. Hope to be back later.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:30 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Happy Christmas Eve guys!

Got my beef tenderloin roast ready to go. Boy, what crowds yesterday to go and get it on sale. Was a two hour process all said and done with traffic.

It's just my parents and brother coming by later today. Nice and simple with a good meal.
Old 12-24-2015, 07:22 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  

Wow BD, can I drop in?
Beef tenderloin entices me as well....should be well worth your efforts Arbor.

Proper workout in the books and just hanging out until this evening. Maybe a run in the 80 degree weather to pass a bit of time. A quiet but nice evening it'll be here with my mother in law, brother in law, his wife and my gang. My brother in law sometimes brings exactly two beers for himself. In the past he would offer to bring for me but doesn't ask anymore. All good.

A heartfelt wish for peace and serenity in each of your homes. And a special nod to Conquest on her first Christmas as Mrs. Cowboy......a special day indeed.
Old 12-24-2015, 08:10 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Yes Mark. A very special one for our dear friend Conquest. In her new home too!

This holiday is a bit tough with the drinks. More so than all the others. I know it will be here in limited quantity later. Brother will bring beer and father will bring his own bottle of wine.

Thanks for the well wishes. Same to you and your family.
Old 12-24-2015, 12:00 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

I'm drooling over these menus! We'll be at my parents' tonight having turkey and trimmings. JR isn't much of a fan, so we're bringing boxed Mac and cheese, Star Wars of course.
It's certainly a special time here. Thanks so much yall!
Old 12-24-2015, 12:08 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Old 12-24-2015, 01:10 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Administrator

Enjoy the day everyone

D
Old 12-24-2015, 03:20 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Hi V! Are you enjoying those movies? My youngest has been watching Elf. I've never seen it. We just signed everyone up for Netflix. I've got zero experience with it.
Old 12-24-2015, 03:51 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Movies will be tonight. But I have seven new ones, so I have no clue where to start.

I have faith in you Mark, you will unearth your inner techie and master Netflix. I'm sure you will all enjoy it.
Old 12-24-2015, 04:24 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

My way to unearth inner techie is to get the kids to do it! Whatever works.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:22 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Two pieces of sweet potato pie and one piece of apple pie.....all with whipped cream of course and chased with a rather large glass of milk. That's all the gift I need. .

Had beer in the house as predicted but I stuffed myself all day and it just didn't bother me. I don't think he ever drank the second one.

I hope the gang is all well and joyous with no unexpected bumps in the road. I am enjoying a little quiet time as the others have gone out looking at the lights in a neighborhood known for going over the top with decorating.
Old 12-24-2015, 06:31 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

Sounds incredibly delicious, and really glad that the beer in the house didn't bother you.