Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 14

Old 05-31-2016, 02:17 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

Thanks Courage. Hope you got to the UK ok and have a lovely time with your son and his wife What plans do you have whilst in England. Looking forward to hearing all about your trip.
Old 05-31-2016, 05:37 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
p***enger

Not leaving yet, Ready! Thursday a.m. before the sun rises.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:17 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
p***enger

'ta for now. I hope everyone has a great week!

Old 06-02-2016, 10:17 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

Enjoy London Courage.
Old 06-12-2016, 09:36 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  
p***enger

Home I am! Doesn't really seem much different from NYC to be honest. It was a long (and expensive) way to go to see the young man & his wife & walk a dog a few times. And hang about the Greek & Roman collection in the British Museum, of course.

But it was well worth it. The lad is lovely -- still as tall and wild-looking as ever, a hulking hippy with a little Swiss missus and a tiny dog -- all he needs is a shepherd's crook. They live behind a great iron gate down a crooked alley on a horrible block in Soho, the least plausible of all possible places. It made me very happy to see him happy.

Old 06-13-2016, 04:37 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Hi guys - remember me? I've downloaded the phone app, not really sure about how to navigate yet.

How is everyone? I've had a pretty average time of things since I started drinking again.

I've got a new job prospect, which involves a pretty major physical. I'm worried my liver will show signs of issues, but I'll know soon enough. My BP is not great, so working at getting that under control too (about 130/95).

Anyways, last drink was Friday. Looking for the June thread, I guess, but I missed you guys. Hope you're still around.

Much love.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:15 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hey it's Alice!!!!!

Don't drink anymore, Alice. It's not worth the headache, the heartache, the physical toll and the accumulated weight of regret.

I strongly agree that you should join June, but hang out here too, ok? I think of you every time I think about walnuts -- you could be bounded in a nutshell, right?

Wildly waving...
Old 06-15-2016, 06:59 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  
Recovering ostrich

Alice!!!! Stick around!

One of my friends from the program reached out randomly, I don't see him often. Said the Orlando thing upset him, thinking of drinking and that he just wanted to reach out. I'm so honored it would be to me... I'm kind of a goofball. Anyway I think he is good and we are meeting up soon.
Old 06-15-2016, 07:07 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  
p***enger

The Orlando thing upset everyone. I'm glad you're helping your friend.
Old 06-16-2016, 01:37 AM
  # 170 (permalink)  

How do I reply to a thread without quoting on the app? Anyone know?

How's everyone been? Gosh, it's been a long time.

Drink wise things haven't gotten anywhere near the point they were pre December 2012, but abstinence is easier.

The shooting was awful. It's very hard seeing the amount of hate and ignorance getting thrown around in the wake of it.

I was thinking of the walnut quote just yesterday, actually, when the fever dreams were being particularly strange. (Just a bad case of the flu).
Old 06-17-2016, 01:49 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Hi everyone,

Great to hear you had a good trip to see your son courage.

I was thinking about you this week Tam after the horrendous week Orlando has had I hope it hasn't affected any of your friends or family directly. It's good your friend reached out to you.

Great to hear from you Alice though sorry to hear you're drinking again. I had a night a few weeks ago when I drank too. Life stresses, problems, I don't know I just picked up. I'm just trying to forget it now, although learn from it too so it doesn't happen again. How are you getting on now?

Can feel the stresses of life creeping back in again. trying to sell my house ( not sure if I mentioned that before) and it's just not shifting. Costing me loads each month so dropped the price hopefully that will help. You know when you can just feel the external pressure and problems surrounding you and feel unable to breathe.

I'm taking steps back and taking stock. Reminding myself of what I do have, especially with all the horrors in the world this week and last, it reminds me what really matters. not money or houses or stuff, but people and love.

Sorted things out with Mr exRAL so things more smoothly for jrral sake which is a huge weight off my mind.

On a positive note not had a drink though been smoking occasionally and the odd diazepam keeps the demons away when it's very bad.
Old 06-18-2016, 05:29 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Been thinking about you overnight Alice. It's great to see you back here and I think that coming back here is a great way of starting to stop. How long have you been drinking again if you don't mind me asking? Was it a gradual build up or a wham moment of a drink? I hope you don't think I'm prying.

I hope you stay stopped now. Thinking of you and best wishes for June class - it's a great idea to stay with us too I still check in here even though I drank recently.
Old 06-18-2016, 06:39 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

Back on deck after a good break

good to see you back fighting, Alice

D
Old 06-19-2016, 12:39 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Welcome back Dee. Glad you've had an enjoyable break
Old 06-19-2016, 08:32 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
p***enger

I'm glad to see us all - Dee, Ready, Gonzo, Tam, & Alice
Old 06-21-2016, 01:22 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

It is nice to have us all back, as you say courage.

Hope everyone is ok xx
Old 06-29-2016, 04:53 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  
p***enger

Checking in to say all's well in my neck of the woods. I head to Vancouver in a few days for another conference, then gearing up for a big summer program.

I hope everyone's ready for a great July!

Old 07-17-2016, 12:55 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

Hi everyone

How was your trip courage? You may be still there?

School holidays over here. Going into week 3 now - Took Jr RAL to the Canary Islands for a week - it was boiling and we had a brilliant time. He is now with Grandma RAL for 10 days. trying to sort out childcare throughout the hols whilst I work is very difficult. 7 weeks - it's madness! How many weeks do US schools get in the summer?

Spent the weekend in Northern Ireland which was very interesting. Seeing the division in Belfast,segregation even- a huge wall put up during the conflict was really quite scary and eye opening.

Anyway, we are due a heatwave this week - yippee!!

Hope everyone is doing ok.
Old 07-17-2016, 05:00 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  
Administrator

D
Old 07-19-2016, 01:14 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Thinking of you all

How are you doing Alice?

Is it cold in Aus now Dee? Hope your health is ok.

When are you off to Mexico Tam? hope you have a fabulous time

Hi courage

Sending us all a