Notices

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 8

Old 07-23-2022, 11:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 8

last part here
https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums...rt-7-a-20.html (Class of August 2021 Support Thread Part 7)

D
Old 07-24-2022, 03:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

New thread! What's the math on that, Free? Is it 400 or 500 per thread? I guess I could go look...

Thanks for it, Dee, and everything else you do around here- it's greatly appreciated.

Happy Sunday, class. HOT HOT HOT here but I have been pool hopping- and sitting in the AC in between usual weekend stuff. Nothing to report- quiet couple of days, and I'll take it. I'm the boss at work next week- my supervisor is on vacay so I'll pick up her responsibilities for that time.

LHW- I sure hope you are feeling better- I know it's a rough go- I'm thinking of you.

CP- enjoy those guests! If you're like me, you may take a nap or two when they go- I always enjoy company but am so grateful when they vacate my space, I mean, go home. Wow, this makes me sound like an old curmudgeon.

Free, Bodhi, have a good day and stay cool (Bodhi- I know it's unseasonable for you, too.)

Old 07-24-2022, 05:57 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ahhhh, good morning, peeps!

Just a quick note here. I have much to write and no time.

Going to get eldest at airport, wish me luck as I try to meet her at the gate. She has special needs and will get lost , so arriving super early. Last year I did two round trip tickets and brought her here that way. This is a big step up.

Cool front came in, Denver mid 80s, up here high of 71.

Putting hubbys booze away in locked closet.

Will check later tonight.

Last night, good sleep. Store and bought groceries.

Love to all

Lynn

Old 07-24-2022, 09:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Morning all!

Viking, glad you’re staying cool and have fun being the boss next week!

Free, I hope the airport pick up goes smoothly!

LHW, I hope you are feeling some relief from Covid. I’m thinking of you❤️

CP, I’m hoping your visitors aren’t too much trouble!

This weekend has been busy in a good way. I’m at the mall now getting a few things for our upcoming trip to Cancun in 2 weeks. We’re going for a wedding so I wanted to buy a fresh new dress.
Old 07-24-2022, 10:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Bodhi, so exciting about going to Cancun!

James, do your visitors drink? Hope the visit doesn’t bring too many urges, you got this! To go back to day one would be so difficult. For me, no guarantees I’d be blessed with enough gumption to get another day one, or in a reasonable period of time.

I’m at the airport, near the gate, got through TSA.

I have another hour to go, but it’s all good.
Old 07-24-2022, 10:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dee, thanks for the new thread

I can’t express to everyone how much gratitude I have for our active class. Each person brings strength and energy to our class. It can be tough to think our actions only affect ourselves. But they don’t.

Negative or positive thoughts and actions ripple for eons in the universe, I believe.

Thanks to each of you for doing your part in OUR recovery.

🪢
Old 07-24-2022, 05:41 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey all, my husband is going away for a few days this week and I’m trying to resist the urge to overload my days with people and activities. I don’t know why spending time by myself is so scary. It’s that old external validation/codependency pattern I’m trying to break. Anybody else struggle with this and have any advice?
Old 07-24-2022, 05:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I felt that way for a long time too Bodhi - I was scared to be in my own company and so I used to drink, which reinforced the reasons why I was scared to be in my own company...but things can change...

I got used to my own company. It takes time but it will happen
Old 07-24-2022, 07:20 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Free2bme888 View Post
James, do your visitors drink? Hope the visit doesn’t bring too many urges, you got this! To go back to day one would be so difficult. For me, no guarantees I’d be blessed with enough gumption to get another day one, or in a reasonable period of time.
Hi Lynn, my sister and niece are normies, but they aren't drinking. No booze in the house at all. Historically, I did all of my serious drinking alone, so I didn't think that I would be triggered regardless. They are gone now, and I'm doing fine. Thanks for checking up on me. I hope that your daughter arrived safely and that you are having a nice visit.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:07 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hey Bodhi, I have tons of experience with the anxiety that comes from spending time by myself. I think that isolation was the #1 reason that I struggled so much to get back on track. We have different ways of coping with it, but your urge to overload and my urge to numb out are just two sides of the same coin. My advice would be a heavy dose of self-care. Give yourself permission to relax and do things that you enjoy doing. Read the posts that you have submitted out here over the last year. That should give you tremendous internal validation because you have come so far. Like Dee said, it will take time, but I hope that you get to a point where you enjoy your own company as much as the rest of us enjoy your company. I'm glad you reached out for support tonight.
Old 07-25-2022, 05:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hi, Bodhi- Maybe schedule a few things with friends but plan on some structured alone time as well. Go to a movie or grab lunch out somewhere. I love to go and people watch at a coffee place or even a restaurant. Shopping, library, trendy new places or antique browsing- it's all very distracting and grounding at the same time. It took me a long time to be comfortable alone- but it happens. Make some time to hang out here, too.

You'll do great!
Old 07-25-2022, 05:36 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Giant hike today, had TWO huge pieces of pizza afterward. The nine miles 2400 vertical up and then down was a killer for some reason.

Eldest is being civil as she can with dual diagnosis.

best image hosting

Old 07-25-2022, 05:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Beautiful photos. Two pieces? I hope you are eating enough dearest Free. s

Sorry I didn't offer an opinion Bodhi; I love being by myself. I always have a million things I want to do. And I can play whatever (60s and 70s) music I like without driving Nick crazy.

We are all going to be here....so you won't be alone completely. xxxx
Old 07-25-2022, 06:09 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hi Viking And James s
Old 07-25-2022, 08:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Awwwe. Thanks Suze.

Yep. I like my alone time too. Get some daily, and hubby understands and needs it too.

the pic with lone big tree, has a deer beneath it that was sunning herself and lying down. Hard to see.

saw a wolf and another deer too

sweet dreams

Ending day 331

Old 07-26-2022, 06:23 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Great pics, as always, Lynn. Thanks for sharing your hiking adventures.

Not much to report, but wanted to check in. 40 cents in the sobriety jar. Very lethargic day yesterday. Need to get moving more today. I was gifted a bunch of food from a wedding shower that my sister and niece attended over the weekend. So now the challenge is not mindlessly eating it throughout the day. Like I did yesterday. Oh well, at least it's mostly healthy stuff.

Have a good day everyone.
Old 07-26-2022, 05:31 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

ANYTHING but drink, James. It’s all good. The down, relaxed and stuff ourselves days, and the energetic, running, watching grandchildren days.

Hope all is well.

GIANT hike again tomorrow like I did Friday, but hubby and eldest are coming with a few others.

My ooopsie today was opening up my mosquito netting that I ordered three of……I wanted three nets. I guess I ordered THREE sets of THREE. Now have 9.

😬😬😬😬😬😬😬😁😂

Old 07-26-2022, 05:53 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I am so lucky; the mossies in America don't fancy me at all.
Old 07-27-2022, 05:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

That is very lucky indeed Suze! I can't go outside in the evening without bug spray. Nothing I hate more than those little blood suckers.

I hope that you enjoy your hike today Lynn.

Better day yesterday. Need to follow up with the work prospect today. Was hoping to hear something by now, but folks have their own stuff to attend to. Doesn't hurt to send a little nudge.

Wishing everyone a good day.
Old 07-27-2022, 01:00 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Awesome pics!

thanks all for the advice and words of support. I’ll get to being comfortable with myself one day! I can watch whatever I want on TV and don’t have to compromise so that’s a nice plus!