Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 14

Old 07-23-2016, 09:22 AM
  # 181 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Ready -- how are you? I'm having a helluva summer -- working long hours, running a fabulous program for undergraduates but it's killing me. My son is in visa limbo -- I don't actually know what country he's in today or whether he's there legally or not. No time to think about drinking -- although other people (who don't know I'm an alcoholic) tell me I need one LOL.

I hope everyone is well. Check in soon!

Old 07-23-2016, 04:06 PM
  # 182 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's been hot here RAL...but should be back to normal winter tomorrow

Hiya Courage

D
Old 08-09-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 183 (permalink)  

Hey all, just swinging by. Not much on the go other than the usual. Enjoying summer, spending some time with the niece and nephews. Few things going on around the house but slowed that down a bit compared to spring, will get back on it later this fall/winter if I can make up my mind on a few things. Usually I would just do it one way or another to get it out of the way, and then regret going that way so taking extra time to make sure that's how I want it. Other than that just working and getting some golf in here and there, haven't been playing as much as I would like but it's typical, everyone else with the kids out for summer/camping etc has been harder to get some together, but few more weeks and that should pick up again.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 08-09-2016, 03:14 PM
  # 184 (permalink)  
Administrator

good to hear from you Gonzo

D
Old 08-11-2016, 08:24 PM
  # 185 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi Gonzo Glad to hear you're still doing Uncle Gonzo duties! I like having kids around -- not all the time, but sometimes.

Hi Dee!!

Hi everyone!

I'm sorry I've been more off the forum than on lately -- for the last 5 weeks I've been running an undergraduate research institute. It's the first time for the program at my institution and I designed the whole thing from scratch, so I've been not only busy but way-stressed. But today was the last day The experience seems to have been a big success for the interns and their faculty mentors as well. Now if I can only get funding to make it an annual thing....

I'm expecting some letdown now that the intensity of the last few weeks is over. Also I'll be spending less time in the coming academic year with the research assistants whom I've come to love. Remember my minder? The one whose main job was to wipe away my drool? And then my minion? Now I have a small squad of such people -- enough so there's no room for me in their space. So I'm moving back to my solitary space where I used to store my bottles.

It's so strange. Everything has changed -- yet nothing at all. I'm psychologically a million miles from where I was when I came to the forum almost 4 years ago, but I know I could be back there in a heartbeat.

Stay vigilant and grateful!

Go December! Excelsior!

Old 08-19-2016, 11:53 AM
  # 186 (permalink)  

Hi everyone. I've been away for a while too and it's great to be back and read what everyone has been up to.

Sounds like you've had a busy few months courage but it also sounds really successful and many people will have benefited from the work you've done, not just this summer but it years to come too. how is your son getting on? Did he get his visa sorted out? Hope you're ignoring those who tell you you need a drink

I had a run in with a rooster yesterday and got a very sore leg now with very deep wound.

How has your summer been Tam? Have you been to Mexico yet? If so hope you had a fabulous time if you're yet to go have a great time

Enjoy the uncle duties Gonzo

Can't believe it's nearly the end of August. School went back in Scotland yesterday, very early though after 7 weeks off he's glad to be back. Work good, all reasonably ok elsewhere. Not had a drink or thoughts of one. some stress, trying to sell my house, supposed to be going through but the system in England is so slow and uncertain Trying to stay positive.

Last but by no means least I hope all is well with you Dee
Old 08-19-2016, 03:08 PM
  # 187 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm fine RAL but geez what did you do to rile the rooster?

D
Old 08-20-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 188 (permalink)  
p***enger

"rile the rooster" -- that's a keeper of a phrase

Ready, I wish you an easy sale & a fair price! How old is your son now?

My vagabond boy is in Thailand on a belated honeymoon right now, I just heard from him. He starts school in September in Zurich & they have an apartment, so I sure hope the visa is in order!! Since we saw him in June, I've been feeling a lot less anxious about him. They have their problems, but seem equipped to cope.

Here's a famous karst in Phang Nga Bay, Thailand:
Old 09-10-2016, 06:08 PM
  # 189 (permalink)  
p***enger

Hi December! I hope you all are well. I'm good. Husband is leaving Wednesday for 2 weeks so I'm a little nervey. But I've been doing well and no reason to stop that way.

-- to everyone
Old 09-10-2016, 06:17 PM
  # 190 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Courage - we'll be around
D
Old 09-10-2016, 06:34 PM
  # 191 (permalink)  
p***enger

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
we'll be around
D
Old 09-22-2016, 08:31 AM
  # 192 (permalink)  

Hi courage how are you doing? Is your husband still away? So I'm back checking into SR every day which I should have been doing all along. All ok today. Eating early and drinking water. Feeling ok so far.
Old 09-22-2016, 03:41 PM
  # 193 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good to see you, Ready.

Husband isn't back yet. I barely got out of bed today. I had to wait for a delivery guy and it just threw me off my schedule and I'm still a bunch of waste matter. What a wasted day! But there were a couple of good moments.

I hope you slept well. Good job staying tuned in here. Never miss a day!
Old 09-25-2016, 11:23 AM
  # 194 (permalink)  

Hi everyone.

As some of you know I drank again on Friday, badly and things spiralled out of control. I am back, seriously dedicated to recovery this time. I can't drink - there is no moderation, occasional use etc. I don't drink.

I've also joined the September class. I was in 2 minds whether to but I really need to go back to the beginning and start this again. Do what I did last time to stop and stay sober and keep my focus totally on my recovery. I took it for granted and lost focus, lost my way. I'd still like to be on here too if you'll have me please.

I like your other threads courage. I stopped coming on SR months back which now looking back was not a good decision. I will follow your advice now and never miss a day. Hope your husband got home ok. Don't worry about wasting a day in bed- at least you weren't drinking.

Anyway. Day 2.
Old 09-25-2016, 05:03 PM
  # 195 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think joining a new class is a good statement of intent...and you'll like the group- good bunch of folks RAL
Old 09-26-2016, 09:58 AM
  # 196 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. They do seem very friendly. I have to start again, from the beginning.
Old 09-26-2016, 11:14 AM
  # 197 (permalink)  

At least this time you know it's possible to go without drinking. Won't have those 'first time quitting for real' things in the brain about dealing with boredom and other stuff that goes with it.
Old 09-26-2016, 02:56 PM
  # 198 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gonzo4419 View Post
At least this time you know it's possible to go without drinking. Won't have those 'first time quitting for real' things in the brain about dealing with boredom and other stuff that goes with it.
Thanks Gonzo. I certainly feel better than I quit back in December 2012. I just need to work on my other stuff at the moment too, getting balance back into my life.

Hope everything is going well with you.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:47 PM
  # 199 (permalink)  
p***enger

Good to see you Gonzo.

I think joining the September group is an excellent thing to do. There's a lot of pulling for each other when everyone is in early days. I used to like the 1 Year & Under thread, too.

It's been a long day. G'nite.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:28 AM
  # 200 (permalink)  

Night courage