Notices

Class of December 2012 - Part 14

Old 09-30-2016, 11:37 AM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Hi all,
Just thinking of you all as the September class is about to move into Daily Support.Can't believe it's October already! Week sober for me today. Off on holiday next week. I'm not worried I will drink as have had many sober holidays since Dec '12. Coming over to near your part of the world Dee - Indonesia. It's probably miles away from Oz really but I will wave across the ocean at you and Alice

Thinking of you Alice if you check in.

How are you Tam? how's the boy? Jr RAL is 7 in a couple of weeks which is crazy. He seems to be getting taller all the time and not a little boy anymore.

Hope your husband got home ok courage .Your threads on newcomers are very helpful to me and many others, thank you

Happy sober weekend everyone.x
Old 09-30-2016, 03:38 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll wave back RAL - I'm the little dot about 5000 kms away

D
Old 10-01-2016, 05:33 AM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee. That does sound a long way away -it looks so close on the map too
Old 10-01-2016, 09:08 AM
  # 204 (permalink)  
p***enger

Wow, Ready -- you really know how to holiday!

Have a great time!
Old 10-01-2016, 01:12 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  

I tell myself being addicted to holidays is better than alcohol.
Old 10-01-2016, 11:17 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Happy sober Sunday

I find myself on SR most of the time now, as things used to be, which is a good thing. I'll check in here more often now too. Only when we look back do we realise how much we miss something good.
Old 10-02-2016, 10:28 AM
  # 207 (permalink)  
p***enger

Sounds good, Ready. Still, after all this time, I'm on SR every day. I'm subscribed to this thread so I see if you posted. This quiet old class seems like a safe place to me.

Old 10-03-2016, 02:20 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

Thanks courage you,re very thoughtful.it means a great deal
Old 10-04-2016, 01:01 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Hi,

My house completed today! I'm thankful and grateful it has gone through and I can now start afresh. Paying the mortgage on an empty house all year has been incredibly stressful and difficult. The financial burden has gone now thankfully. Just in time for my holiday.

Peace all round. It's amazing how dragged under we can feel when under pressure outside our control.

hope you are all ok x
Old 10-04-2016, 04:25 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  
p***enger

Congratulations and yay, Ready!
Old 10-05-2016, 01:55 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

Thanks courage. I will sleep tonight!
Old 10-06-2016, 10:59 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  

Hope you're safe down there in Florida Tam. Thinking of you.x
Old 10-27-2016, 11:21 AM
  # 213 (permalink)  

Hey all, just checking in. Things are good, busy with year end stuff for work, wrapping up some projects, it's more the storm before the calm, once through it it slows down nicely for a few months. Kept going with doing stuff around the house, after 9 months off and on got the whole house/basement decluttered, took about 5 days and 10 truck loads of stuff going away but it feels great now that it's done. I highly recommend doing it, just feels like a big mental weight off your back.

Other than that it's the golden time of the year for sports, baseball playoffs, football going full throttle, hockey started. Not lacking things to watch in the evenings.

Oh, and I finally got a hot tub coming for my place after 12 years. I'm calling it a mental health investment. Smaller one I can sneak on my deck so I can have the view. Looking forward to it big time.

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:18 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  
p***enger

It's good to see you Gonzo!

That hot tub sounds like bliss! Sigh -- I have neither tub nor deck. But I'm trying to squeeze in bliss every day in the form of a little music (Iggy Pop this morning), a little meditation, and a little poetry. Those things + SR + meds keep me sane and sober.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:55 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  
Administrator

hi Gonzo and Courage

D
Old 11-24-2016, 09:34 AM
  # 216 (permalink)  

Hello all, I am not sure you remember me, but this is Tazzle. I lost all my old passwords so decided to start all over. I have joined the Nov. 2016 group, as I had gone back to my old drinking, hiding, paranoid, wino ways, not proud of that, but I did. So here i am at day 8.
Not a lot has changed since I was last here, I have been working in the Jail for 2 years now. I lost both my dogs last year, now have 2, 1 year old border collie/heeler girls. Badger and Bear. Husband, (if I remember RAL doesn't like the word hubby) is doing fine, trying to not become diabetic, so we are eating better, and he never drinks anymore (didn't much anyway)
My binge drinking had finally spiralled out of control, I was fine 3 out of the 4 days that I worked, on the 4th day i would have to stop and get started on my weekend supply stash. Of course keeping it all hid became an obsession. Of coarse I would wake up everyday saying that I was done, no more drinking, but would still finish what I had stashed. What the actual slap in the face moment was, believe it or not, was my husband brought up this app for the local grocery store that stored coupons etc, and that you could make up your shopping list by items you had bought prior. I can tell you that I went into a full blown panic attack, I logged in and sure as sh*t there was some of my wine on the list, not much only 1 or 2 bottles, but there non the less. I had a long hard look at what I had become, that if I wasn't drinking I wouldn't have anything to freak out about, wouldn't have to come up with a lie if he noticed or found out. I also was beginning to have health issues that I knew were from alcohol. So that led me back to SR, and with a different mindset I think, if I were to be honest. I never counted days sober before, I do now. Plus, this time around I know it needs to end, I want it to end. I want to be healthier, happier. I didn't want to be the person I had become anymore.

So here I am, I have found a nice journal app for my phone that I write in every day. Also learning yoga, phew! way harder than it looks on tv!! Meditation, things along that line.

Hope all is well with everyone, and that you won't mind if I pop in here also.

Tazzle/ Badge
Old 11-25-2016, 09:18 AM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Hi Tazzle, good to see you back at it. It's fairly quiet around here 4 years in, but a handful of us are still around often enough.

I think everyone still posting here has slipped at least once since joining so don't worry about it, it's happened, take what you can from it and use it going forward without the booze.
Old 11-25-2016, 09:29 AM
  # 218 (permalink)  
p***enger

Oh wow! badgerden = Tazzle! How I've missed you & how glad I am you made it back into sobriety and here.

Old 11-28-2016, 09:35 AM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Thank you Gonzo and Courage! Day 13 and going strong, my AV is not near what it was last week, and I am just starting day 2 of my 3 days off, which before was also the start of my binging. Have lots of stuff to do around the house, and am honestly trying not to think that if I was stronger I would be 4 years sober now,,, I am so proud of all of you who hung in there and fought the fight and won. Can't dwell on the past, onward and upward they say.

Okay time to put computer down and get busy.

Tazzle/ Badge
Old 11-28-2016, 01:38 PM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Administrator

All that matters is you're fighting it again now Badgerden

D