SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomer's Daily Support Threads (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/)
-   -   Class of December 2012 - Part 14 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-daily-support-threads/380306-class-december-2012-part-14-a.html)

Dee74 12-03-2015 02:49 PM

Class of December 2012 - Part 14

last part here
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...t-13-a-20.html

D

ReadyAtLast 12-07-2015 06:58 AM

Thanks Dee

Well it is quiet around here- hope everyone is just getting on with life.

It's 3 years for me tomorrow .Can't believe how normal it all seems now. I went to an awards evening with work a couple of weeks ago and much drink flowing, champagne, wine etc. I had sparkling water and a juice as a treat :)

It felt normal, there was no uncomfortable stuff. People tried to pour me wine. I said no thanks I don't drink. What never? Nope and smiled. No problem, no more questions. People really aren't bothered are they.

Anyway thank you for all your help and support over the last 3 years and here's to the next 3 :) Thinking of you all and best wishes for the season, however you spend it.x :tyou :You_Rock_:grouphug:

Dee74 12-07-2015 02:09 PM

Congratulations RAL - 3 years is awesome :)

:You_Rock_

D

ReadyAtLast 12-07-2015 10:27 PM

Thanks Dee and thanks to you for all your help and support over the past 3 years. :tyou

I forgot to say yesterday my probation period at work ended on my drink free anniversary day which I thought was very apt :) I am now a proper, permanent employee in a job I love with lovely people. I would never have got this job if I'd still been drinking and my life would not have turned around so much.

happy sober Tuesday everyone. Thinking of you all.x

Dee74 12-07-2015 10:46 PM

Congratulations on your permanency RAL :)

Tamerua 12-08-2015 04:23 PM

Congratulations RAL! You're such an inspiration :)

ReadyAtLast 12-08-2015 08:47 PM

Thanks Tam,Great to hear from you. How are things going with you? How is your son's driving coming along? Hope all well with you :)

Tamerua 12-09-2015 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by ReadyAtLast (Post 5681109)
Thanks Tam,Great to hear from you. How are things going with you? How is your son's driving coming along? Hope all well with you :)

It's good! I was worried he wouldn't get the hang of stick shift but he got it and he is my chauffeur now. Lol everything is ok.. Still haven't found a new job so trying to hold boundaries at the current place.

How is Sam?

I cannot believe that we are here at our 3rd anniversaries. You're right, it is totally the norm now.

Dee74 12-09-2015 03:00 AM

Hey Tam :)

D

ReadyAtLast 12-10-2015 11:10 AM

That's great news for your son and you too Tam getting a new driver :)

Congrats on your 4 years too :You_Rock_

Hope you get something on the job front soon - new year, new start and all that :)

Fallow 12-10-2015 06:47 PM

Congrats to all of you :)

Dee74 12-10-2015 07:22 PM

Hey Fallow - how's your week? :wave:

D

Fallow 12-10-2015 08:51 PM

Actually doing very well thanks. A bit crazy but sober :)

Fallow 12-10-2015 08:52 PM

How are you?!

Dee74 12-10-2015 09:00 PM

sweltering but OK Fallow :)

D

ReadyAtLast 12-11-2015 12:30 PM

Hey great to hear from you Fallow and also great to hear you're sober :You_Rock_ how are your family? how are the children? All good I hope. It's really great to hear from you.

Well I have news :) you know how much I love to travel!! I might be getting to go to the USA with work next year. I'm so excited. Been to NY a few times and DC once but some years ago now. If all goes well I'm off to Philadelphia on a tour of Gardens. Not sure if I mentioned I work in horticulture so will be off to some amazing gardens over that way. Can't believe it - there is no way I would b e doing that or even got the job if I'd still been drinking.

Fingers crossed it all goes to plan .USA here I come :)

Dee74 12-11-2015 02:24 PM

Hope it works out RAL :)

D

Fallow 12-11-2015 04:27 PM

Hey RAL :) My family is doing good thanks. My kids are very happy right now and thats nice to see. My son is at an age where he can play a bit more so they really love playing together.

DD is good she will be starting school next year so we are trying to figure all that out which is pretty stressful.

I havent been around so dont know how have you been?

I spent some time in Philly about 10 years ago and I really enjoyed it. Hope you have fun!

ReadyAtLast 12-13-2015 07:58 AM

Great to hear all is going well for you Fallow. Oh I don't envy you the primary school applications :( Luckily in Scotland you just get a place at your local school so none of those problems like in England :(

fingers crossed we will be off to Philly :) Boss trying to get it signed off but I have every confidence in him :)

courage2 12-13-2015 08:17 AM

Hi Ready, Tam, Gonzo, Fallow & Dee! It's good to see everyone here together. Congratulations to those celebrating 3 years this month, and congratulations to us all for hanging in there. :)