Notices

Class of November 2015

Old 11-12-2015, 06:10 AM
  # 421 (permalink)  

Think about how miserable you will feel tomorrow both physically and mentally. Headache, upset stomach, dry mouth, exhaustion, embarrassment, remorse and guilt.

DON'T DO IT!
Old 11-12-2015, 06:15 AM
  # 422 (permalink)  

Thx Healthy, why do our brains lie to us? Why do we want to continue to do something that is killing us & destroying our lives & happiness? It just makes zero sense to me.

I have been able to succeed at almost everything I try my entire life & am also very strong. Alcoholism is the only thing that has knocked me on my arse.

:-(
Old 11-12-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 423 (permalink)  

Day four here for me

This weekend has been a constant on my mind...
Old 11-12-2015, 07:41 AM
  # 424 (permalink)  

Geeze!!! The cravings keep coming! GO AWAY! I DO NOT want to drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna sleep. You can't drink if you are asleep!

God help me stay sober today.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:46 AM
  # 425 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
Geeze!!! The cravings keep coming! GO AWAY! I DO NOT want to drink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm gonna sleep. You can't drink if you are asleep!

God help me stay sober today.
Hahaha yup GO TO BED! Remind me of my own post to you over the weekend when I'm craving a drink!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:53 AM
  # 426 (permalink)  

Kiki, hang in there! Just keep playing the tape through. If you drank today, how would that make you feel tomorrow? Focus on that. The AV can be relentless at times, but you are stronger than it. You are in control of your actions. You can get through this and you will wake up tomorrow proud of yourself for it. Kudos to you for coming here and posting. Sending virtual hugs to you!

Canguy, hang in there. Take it one day at a time. You will feel better. Early sobriety is depressing bc your brain is used to getting its dopamine fix from booze. It takes some time for your brain to readjust, but as we know from the long-timers, it's absolutely worth it. You will never again have to be in the hell you feel now if you don't pick up that drink. You're here bc you want sobriety. Stay close to us. You can do this!

Day two here. I will not drink today. I'm at work and just grateful to be here without a hangover. I'm grateful for another chance at this. And I'm grateful for this class! Take care, everyone.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:44 AM
  # 427 (permalink)  

Day 7 checking in. Well I got the trash out to the curb in time for once lol I also got back to 173 lbs. which is perfect for me. That 162 was scary and let me know I was malnourished due to the alcohol binges. My iron is up too now!!
Old 11-12-2015, 08:56 AM
  # 428 (permalink)  

Congratulations to all of you for joining this class towards a new life.
You all have made a very tough but right decision. I made my decision two years ago today..
Best of thoughts to you. Keep reading and posting. Tons of experience on this forum. Positive and negative experiences you can learn from.
Work your plan everyday. Everyday!
Get some excercise, take a class, hug your partner and kids, focus on your work, ditch your drinking buddies, spend more time with your real friends (they miss you). This decision you made requires some changes in your focus and activity, Don't be tardy implementing those changes.
Sobriety is not a destination, but a wonderful journey. Enjoy it. Be at peace with yourself.
Rick
Old 11-12-2015, 10:29 AM
  # 429 (permalink)  

Hey novemberists
Feeling all kinds of restless and generally a little uneasy the last couple days. Went to a birthday party thing for a friend on Tuesday night, and it was really hard not to join in especially because of how anxious I was feeling .. Generally just feeling off ...
Gonna power through, and tackle a few projects I've been avoiding .
Reading through the posts here, and tying to play the tape through . .. I know those outcomes and refuse to forget them.
Just need to keep on until (hopefully) my brain can normalize a bit ..
Day 11
Pulling for everyone!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:56 AM
  # 430 (permalink)  

Took a nap, got up to eat & gonna take another nap before the kids get home from school. Maybe I can sleep my way thru the early sobriety cravings???

My anxiety is through the roof so I'm gonna do some deep breathing. I can't wait to start feeling better!

I need to keep reminding myself that drinking will ALWAYS make things worse. I'm meeting my sponsor at a meeting tomorrow & will also try to get some exercise.

I hope everyone is hanging in there! Praying!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 10:57 AM
  # 431 (permalink)  

Checking in - day 13! Nearly 2 weeks! Feels more like 2 months. Starting to realise how much time I've actually lost over my drinking years
Old 11-12-2015, 11:03 AM
  # 432 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Checking in - day 13! Nearly 2 weeks! Feels more like 2 months. Starting to realise how much time I've actually lost over my drinking years
How to you feel at 13 days??? Better??? I'm struggling today & need hope.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:12 AM
  # 433 (permalink)  

Hi November friends, I hope you are all doing well. Day 6 over for me. I feel good, but it is the weekends when I will find it hardest.
I will have plenty of free time as well which I now know I have to plan for. I will check in here as you all give me strength.

Thinking of us all and best wishes for staying strong
G
Old 11-12-2015, 11:26 AM
  # 434 (permalink)  

Morning Nov people

Friday......always a challenge and, lately, usually a fail. Fall over Friday.....
But slept better, feel much better this morning. Want to keep it going for the weekend and actually be around for once......

Hoping for a good day for all of us

All the best
Old 11-12-2015, 11:42 AM
  # 435 (permalink)  

Kiki, I am sorry to hear you are struggling, but you can do this! Just don't drink today.

I am now at day 16 - so is it better than it was on day 3? Yes, it's better and sometimes the same, but you know what? At least it's not worse - which it will be for you if you pick up that bottle again.

And the cravings have gotten easier for me to handle during this time, I don't to flush down all those days and have to confront another day one. Be strong today!
Old 11-12-2015, 02:28 PM
  # 436 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KiKi0615 View Post
How to you feel at 13 days??? Better??? I'm struggling today & need hope.
Hey Kiki, sorry to hear youre struggling. Thankfully I've been feeling okay craving wise. I keep myself busy which isn't that difficult - I have mountains of stuff that has been brushed under the carpet and needs to get sorted. Practical as well as emotional stuff. I cant believe ive taken my life for granted this long. The thought of drink still lingers around but the longer I go without the more I want this to be a permanent thing.
Hang in there!
Old 11-12-2015, 02:35 PM
  # 437 (permalink)  

You can do this KiKi!
Old 11-12-2015, 02:53 PM
  # 438 (permalink)  
Administrator

How are you doing now KiKi?

D
Old 11-12-2015, 04:01 PM
  # 439 (permalink)  

Finishing up day 5, dinner and dishes done, in pj's and settled in with knitting and a book, both within reach for diversion. I'm not lying, I'd love a drink but I won't, I'm talking myself out of it as I type. Envisioning how I'd feel tomorrow, ugh!

The next two nights are going to be far worse.

Kiki how are you? Please check in...
Old 11-12-2015, 04:27 PM
  # 440 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
Kiki, I am sorry to hear you are struggling, but you can do this! Just don't drink today. I am now at day 16 - so is it better than it was on day 3? Yes, it's better and sometimes the same, but you know what? At least it's not worse - which it will be for you if you pick up that bottle again. And the cravings have gotten easier for me to handle during this time, I don't to flush down all those days and have to confront another day one. Be strong today!
Thanks Dallow. I think it's safe to say I am gonna make it thru the day! It was NOT graceful but I didn't drink!

Thank you for your support everyone!!!