Notices

Class of November 2015

Old 11-07-2015, 06:50 AM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Glad everybody is still here and working through the obstacles. Each day is a victory. Last night I went to dinner and a movie. It was Friday, and the urge to drink was palpable...still I ordered a pop, came home after movie and right to bed. Feeling very proud. Day 7 today.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:54 AM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Thank you for all the support guys. I really value it. I realised I need to tell my husband... i think because he's mostly away it won't be a problem but obviously he needs to know boundaries when he comes back.
We took a drive to the ocean today and will go home tomorrow. I think it's just what I need after last night.
So far the day is going good. I only have access to my phone but no laptop so my replies might be short.
Goodluck to everyone today.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:55 AM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Good morning.
Day 7.
Going to stay busy around the house today and i will not listen to what my AV tells me. He can talk all he wants but i'm still not going to drink today. No way, no how, forget that. yuck. I feel really good and want to keep feeling this.
Had a high protein breakfast, now off to the gym I go. =)
<3
Old 11-07-2015, 07:39 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  

Day 7.I woke up today(Saturday)....sober.Its a rather odd feeling,one i will try to live with.Again today is all about keeping it simple,keeping busy and breathing.

Everybody have a great Saturday!

A huge trigger for me again is dont have in the house,its too easy for the AV!
Old 11-07-2015, 08:19 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Ambuler, thanks for letting us know about the online AA meetings. I didn't even know they existed! I haven't worked up the courage yet to actually attend an AA meeting in my area, so it'll be very useful.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:57 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Happy Weekend, All Sober Saturday mornings are the best. Last Saturday morning I was hungover. Finally got out of bed at 10am, made a grilled cheese that I barely kept down, chugged water and still felt horrible. Had that nasty taste in my mouth. Puffy face and eyes. Brushing my teeth still didn't remove that nasty alcohol taste. Felt guilty, ashamed and upset. Blah!

Sober Saturdays entail waking up at 7 (or 8...), eating my oatmeal, drinking coffee and reading the newspaper. Then jumping on SR to check in. And like many of you, heading to work out! That always makes me feel good.

Congratulations to those who are hitting the one week milestone. That is awesome! You guys are doing this. Keep it up!
Old 11-07-2015, 10:01 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a peaceful sober Saturday evening
Old 11-07-2015, 10:24 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  

This may seem unimportant but I just finished a class at the gym... TODAY IS THE FIRST SATURDAY I HAVE EVER MADE IT THE GYM in a million years, usually because Friday involved drinking!! No sluggishness, no laziness, no desire to eat junk food all day. I was up at 9 doing work for my online course! Amazing.
Old 11-07-2015, 11:28 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Good morning class!

Sunday morning here in Oz and heading off to the pool for a swim shortly. Today is day 5 for me and I haven't contemplated a relapse.

Fortunately I never suffer withdrawal symptoms when I go cold turkey, I just get the cravings. Damn cravings are so hard to deal with. I've been trying to keep myself busy, wash the car, mow the lawn. Also I've been going to bed super early each night. Partly because I feel tired and partly so I don't have to deal with the cravings any more. I know it's only a matter of time until the cravings ease off, one day at a time............

Congrats to everybody here for having a go, whether you've slipped up or not. Ultimately we are all trying to better ourselves. It beats not trying at all.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:06 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Just checking in. A sober Saturday evening here. Perhaps not alcohol related, but I felt rather blue today. Still managed not to drink and that makes 8 days.
Old 11-07-2015, 01:40 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congratulations to those of you hitting a milestone today

have a great sober weekend guys

D
Old 11-07-2015, 02:56 PM
  # 232 (permalink)  

Another update, just cause I feel good :-)

This morning after a good nights sleep I got up at 6am and had a cup of tea. Feeling great and clear headed! Went for a 45 min swim at the pool.

Came home, my wife is doing a few hours work at her office (because she had to deal with my crap early in the week).

Now I've just spent an energised hour tidying bedrooms with my 8yo and having fun at the same time. Mum will get a nice surprise when she gets home :-)

Can't remember when I last felt like this on a Sunday morning!
Old 11-07-2015, 05:28 PM
  # 233 (permalink)  

Got a drunken call on Skype...now I feel really sad and disoriented.
Normally I would also have been drunk at 02.17 on saturday night. Not this time. I saw the confusion, the sadness and the inability to listen to anything I sad.

She kept repeting herself, then said he wanted to die...then turning on music, dancing and saying "I should go out somewhere". Talking about cutting herself, asking me if I loved her...saying "you can hang up, I will be ok by myself". "You don't care about me", "You are such a good person" etc...I think you probably can imagine...

All that...I've heard it all before, but usually being drunk myself and probably fitting in in the general confusion.

I tried to comfort her and saying that it will feel better tomorrow and all of that. But I don't think anything reached through.

I tried to tell her to stop drinking, because she was already so drunk. "So what? SO WHAT IF I'M DRUNK. I can do what I want." Yeah...that kind of saturday night...

Then the connection went down and I have no way of knowing if she really was desperate or if it was one of the drunken rants I've heard before.

It saddens me to see the state she was in, and it saddens me to think how long I've acted in somewhat similair ways.

It also makes me sad to think of how I probably have to break with these people if I want to manage to stay sober. I would want her to become sober with me, but she doesn't want to. She still thinks life is better with a drink.

Sorry about the long post. I just needed to vent. I was stable before this conversation but this was really not what I needed right now.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:37 PM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 12. I've been very lucky to have had very few cravings and no headaches at all this time. I'm taking extra vitamin C and folic acid. It could be all in my head, but if it works, it works!

My only real problem is my SO and our best friends. I'm not letting them know yet that I've quit drinking. They always try to sabotage me. Not consciously I'm certain, but they still do. Soft pressure like telling me a few drinks are good for you, or we need to celebrate some thing or another or that I don't drink too much, etc.

This time, I've been faking it. Twice I've been designated driver, once I said I wanted to complete a sewing project so I had to keep my head clear. Another night I made myself margaritas without alcohol. Two other nights drank diet ginger ale in cans in a cozi. They assume it's beer. I just have to drink two or three or they say I'm not keeping up. I'm hoping that if I wait until I've been stopped for a month to tell them, they will realize I'm serious and not hinder me.

I've been glad I have this thread to read and keep up with. It makes me feel part of a group and not alone in this. Thanks for that! I think all of us can be successful.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:41 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

I'm sorry you got a call like that Dallow. I wish we could make choices for other people, but we can't. Heck, I'm lucky when I can make my own right choices. Stay strong.
Originally Posted by Dallow View Post
Got a drunken call on Skype...now I feel really sad and disoriented.
Normally I would also have been drunk at 02.17 on saturday night. Not this time. I saw the confusion, the sadness and the inability to listen to anything I sad.

She kept repeting herself, then said he wanted to die...then turning on music, dancing and saying "I should go out somewhere". Talking about cutting herself, asking me if I loved her...saying "you can hang up, I will be ok by myself". "You don't care about me", "You are such a good person" etc...I think you probably can imagine...

All that...I've heard it all before, but usually being drunk myself and probably fitting in in the general confusion.

I tried to comfort her and saying that it will feel better tomorrow and all of that. But I don't think anything reached through.

I tried to tell her to stop drinking, because she was already so drunk. "So what? SO WHAT IF I'M DRUNK. I can do what I want." Yeah...that kind of saturday night...

Then the connection went down and I have no way of knowing if she really was desperate or if it was one of the drunken rants I've heard before.

It saddens me to see the state she was in, and it saddens me to think how long I've acted in somewhat similair ways.

It also makes me sad to think of how I probably have to break with these people if I want to manage to stay sober. I would want her to become sober with me, but she doesn't want to. She still thinks life is better with a drink.

Sorry about the long post. I just needed to vent. I was stable before this conversation but this was really not what I needed right now.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:11 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  

Checking in for a sober Sunday on Day 2.
It's 7am here and we about to go down to the ocean.
Have a blessed Sunday everyone
Old 11-07-2015, 09:42 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry Dallow. If it helps the odds are good it was just 'drunk talk'.

Welcome to the thread Ezzi - I found it really hard to hang out with my old friends, but others have managed it - you'll always find support here anyway

D
Old 11-08-2015, 12:25 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a relaxing peaceful sunday
Old 11-08-2015, 04:21 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Ugh I caved. Back to day 1. Thankfully I didn't drink a lot so no hangover. Off to make an alternative plan for next weekend. Weekdays are a breeze, weekends not so much.
Old 11-08-2015, 04:30 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Thrilled to have made it through Friday/Saturday unscathed. Completed a week and feeling really good about it.
Thanks and happy Sunday everyone