Notices

Class of November 2015

Old 11-12-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 441 (permalink)  

If anyone wants to drink, needs a drink....
Eat a Baconator cheeseburger !!
I gave up fast food 2 yrs ago, vastly improved my health.
That was a huge overbearing treat , and there is NO way under god green earth, I could drink after eating that yummy, delicious, 9000 calorie bomb !
Old 11-12-2015, 04:30 PM
  # 442 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thumbelina View Post
Hey Kiki, sorry to hear youre struggling. Thankfully I've been feeling okay craving wise. I keep myself busy which isn't that difficult - I have mountains of stuff that has been brushed under the carpet and needs to get sorted. Practical as well as emotional stuff. I cant believe ive taken my life for granted this long. The thought of drink still lingers around but the longer I go without the more I want this to be a permanent thing. Hang in there!
Oh good! I'm so glad it's getting better. It really gives me hope! It's been a LONG exhausting day full of mini-panic attacks. I spent half the day in bed but I didn't drink! Going to a meeting tomorrow. Thx so much! You're doing great!!!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 443 (permalink)  

Kiki, I'm glad you made it through!! Great job I'm hearing some noise from the AV, but I'm not going to listen to it. Because I want to wake up without a hangover tomorrow. And I deserve sobriety!

Thinking of you all
Old 11-12-2015, 04:36 PM
  # 444 (permalink)  

Lisa, Dee & Healthy,

Thanks so much for caring. You have no idea how much it means!

I just ate a big dinner & I think it's safe to say I have made it thru the day. I stayed in bed half of the day only getting up to eat because my cravings were soooo bad. I was afraid to get out of bed for fear I would drive to the store for alcohol. I felt like a lazy bum but I just kept telling myself that THE most important thing I could do today is stay sober. I also prayed ALOT! Tomorrow I will go to an AA mtg. Hopefully that will help.

Once my kids got home from school I had to run them around and I knew I wouldn't drink around them so it got a little easier except the horrible mini-panic attacks! I just hope things get better. This is really hard!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:38 PM
  # 445 (permalink)  

Yes you DO deserve sobriety Kim! We all do! You're doing fantastic!!! :-)
Old 11-12-2015, 04:40 PM
  # 446 (permalink)  

Glad you checked in and are taking care of yourself, awesome!
Old 11-12-2015, 04:49 PM
  # 447 (permalink)  

Hi there. I realized yesterday I can't go on like this. So here is why I've done...yesterday I told 6 people close to me I am an alcoholic. I did not make it through last night well. Today was hard. I smoked cigarettes in the morning and I don't even smoke! I had a couple drinks around mid day to help with shakes but that is done. I'm now in comfortable sweats in bed and don't need to get out for 12 hours. I have 2 bottles of Gatorade and am going to my moms house tomorrow to detox over the weekend. I feel totally sober but just that the anxiety is creeping back. I also made an appointment at a rehab for outpatient treatment and am going on Tuesday.

I now know this is it. I've tried drinking 2 weekends in the past 2 months and I just know I can't now and that kindling is real. I know when I get back to my apartment Sunday night I will be in better shape. I just need to get through these 72 hours. I'm monitoring my heart rate and blood pressure. Heart rate has already come down a bit. I can do this because I have to - my life depends on it. My dad died of cirrhosis and I am only 32 years old and want to live.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:23 PM
  # 448 (permalink)  

Day 17, done and dry loving the clear headedness... Hope with everything in me I can do this. Keeping busy with hobbies and new projects (me. Good night from the east coast everyone, take care tonight/today.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:51 PM
  # 449 (permalink)  

Hi Bear, I'm glad you're here with us. Congratulations on making a huge step in the right direction. It takes courage to accept that you can't go on with the life you've been living. Sounds like you have a great recovery plan Check in and let us know how you are doing. Take care!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:14 PM
  # 450 (permalink)  

Ugh....

This is an awesome group of people. Everyone is so open and honest about their slips and then picking themselves up and coming here and sharing the hope of trying again....I should have done that before these last couple of days. I've been so depressed and low that I haven't been able to have another day one, and I feel horrible. Worse than horrible....

Zeekie, I read your encouragement for me, and I really appreciate it. I sense that we're pretty similar as far as triggers and such with our husbands, so I really appreciate your encouragement. It has helped me be brave enough to write this right now and even admit that I am seriously struggling, so thank you.

Tomorrow's a new day. I will post and announce my day one again, and hopefully get out of this fog I've been in the last 2 days. I love and appreciate each and every one of you!! I hope to stay part of this class because you all are amazing people. I love sharing something like this with people that understand, which is not something I'm used to...Thank you all!!

Old 11-12-2015, 07:30 PM
  # 451 (permalink)  

Ambuler & Bear,

I just wanted to say you are not alone. We are all going thru this together & together we are stronger!

We can do this! :-)
Old 11-12-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 452 (permalink)  

Thank you, KiKi, I really appreciate that.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:43 PM
  # 453 (permalink)  

Thanks for the welcome - I just napped for about 2 hours and did a lot of reading here. I'm through one Gatorade and have another. I'm going to take some melatonin and hope for the best now!
Old 11-12-2015, 07:58 PM
  # 454 (permalink)  

I had a very emotional and stressful day. I cried and cried and then cried some more. Lots of waves of panic during the day. I almost gave up mid afternoon, but I didn't. I drank berry juice instead. Somehow the sugar helped, not sure why.

Stay strong guys! Drinking is not worth it!
Old 11-12-2015, 08:25 PM
  # 455 (permalink)  

Checking in on day 12.
Went to the gym, cleaned up, did some reading, did some cooking, went shopping, spent time with the family played some games. It was a good day.
One day at a time.
Never give up.
It only gets better from here.
Old 11-12-2015, 09:26 PM
  # 456 (permalink)  

I'm glad you didn't give in and drink Patricia. My day was pretty crappy too but drinking woulda made it worse. Hang in there!
Old 11-12-2015, 09:27 PM
  # 457 (permalink)  

12 days is awesome Mesh!!! :-)
Old 11-12-2015, 10:40 PM
  # 458 (permalink)  

A big day for me. Day 7 starting and I need to take care to keep busy. Lots of jobs I have suddenly decided need to be done tonight and I will start with a trip to the gym. After that I will try to keep active and sleep exhausted.
I am not thinking about tomorrow except that I want to have a clear head.
Be good everyone
G
Old 11-12-2015, 10:45 PM
  # 459 (permalink)  

Hang in there Ambuler, Kiki. You'll be fine a bit at a time.

5.45 here.....I'm on the sofa reading here with a virgin mary on the go (tomato and tabasco). 3 to 6 is the difficult part of the day. Want a drink from three onwards, (....hey, c'mon, it's Friday.....a sunny day, end of the week, nowhere to be tonite, .....what you gonna do? sit there by yerself and sober all night? etc etc)......sure you all know The Voice.

No...got home, gonna do the Day 4 without a Friday Fall....

Got plenty to do.......it's just getting started on it without the usual lifting of bottle caps. Here we go.....
Old 11-13-2015, 12:09 AM
  # 460 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wishing everyone a nice day today